S3 service schedule

Dave_808

Reaction score
I’ve got a post WLTP 68 plate S3 which is slowly coming up on 10k miles.

The servicing schedule is set to what I believe to be the longer intervals between servicing (17k I think?).

I’m mainly doing motorway miles at the minute, so I’m tempted to keep to the longer interval.

On my Golf R I had it serviced every 10k regardless but I was doing much more stop start driving.

What’s the general consensus regarding what most do, stick with the every 10k servicing or just go with what the car is set to?

It’s dependant on mileage.
Over 10K per annum - flexible service schedule
Under 10K per annum - fixed (annual) schedule.

The dealer should set this in the MMI on delivery. By default it is set to flexible.

Reactions: Dave_808
Is it relatively easy to have it changed to fixed? I’ve had mine about 7 months now and it is set to long life (as you say, by default) but I fully intend to have it serviced/oil changed at 1 year and it’ll probably be on about 8k at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s dependant on mileage.
Over 10K per annum - flexible service schedule
Under 10K per annum - fixed (annual) schedule.

The dealer should set this in the MMI on delivery. By default it is set to flexible.

What’s the interval for flexible? Is this the ‘longlife’ Servicing schedule?

Is it relatively easy to have it changed to fixed? I’ve had mine about 7 months now and it is set to long life (as you say, by default) but I fully intend to have it serviced/oil changed at 1 year and it’ll probably be on about 8k at the time.

My Golf R was easy enough. I took it to Awesome and they changed it over for me whilst servicing.

In fact the dealer forgot to change mine to fixed. I just took it in after 12 months and they did the service and switched the schedule at the same time.
Long life/flexible schedule - same thing.

Reactions: B33r
I have ours on long life as we do about 14k a year. I also do an interim oil change myself. With an oil extractor it only takes about 15 mins