S3 SB Delays

SJH72

Reaction score
Hi,

Having recently re-ordered my S3 SB with another dealer, and after chasing them up for a build week and delivery date on two occasions now, they have informed me that there is a delay in obtaining build weeks from the factory at the moment, and that there is a delay across the whole Audi car range.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you been told when you are expected to get a build week and delivery date?

I have a feeling that it might take a while for me to take delivery of my S3.

This is what happened with my SB order. Granted it was a lease via a broker but Audi UK told me directly that there are 'lengthy delays'.

Ultimately I couldn't wait until 'late jan/early feb' (they gave me build week 50) for a car I ordered in March 2015. Dropped on with a well spec'd saloon instead.

Reactions: Blackwhite
This is disappointing news. So this would affect me with an order I'm about to place for HB then?

Ordered mine three weeks ago according to "my Audi" it will be built 26th Oct...
Though not sure how reliable my Audi is on build week.
Considering the exchange rate would think they would give high priority to uk orders.
I was estimating five to six months ,any longer then will cancel and buy a Jag XE.

Ordered my S3 SB June 5th, it took 4weeks to get a build week, confirmed for 21st September (week 39) but when I ordered it was put into the 'dealers slot' and should have been ready for pick up for 1st September - so I guess there has been a delay of sorts but haven't heard anything concrete as to why? Waiting is painful......so keeping myself drooling over pictures in this forum!

I ordered mine late May was hoping for early Sept arrival but build date is 21 Sept so that seems pretty similar to the last post. Mind you the salesman was until a few weeks ago still trying to persuade me to change to the RS3 I had originally ordered in Oct but then cancelled as they still had the build slot open...

I'm in Australia, ordered my SB late May and have a build week of 36 (week of 31 August). It was originally 37 but got brought forward one week.

My dealer swapped one of his pre-allocated build slots for it though.

I ordered my S3 SB on 9 June. Original build week was 39, which came back to 38 then 36, all within the space of a week or so !

Hi,

Having recently re-ordered my S3 SB with another dealer, and after chasing them up for a build week and delivery date on two occasions now, they have informed me that there is a delay in obtaining build weeks from the factory at the moment, and that there is a delay across the whole Audi car range.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you been told when you are expected to get a build week and delivery date?

I have a feeling that it might take a while for me to take delivery of my S3.

I now have build week 45

We ordered mid Feb 15 and it was delivered mid Jul 15. Collect this week.

TX.

Just an update here, my build week was 36 but I just dropped my VIN in to the shipping tracking and the car is already built and about to be loaded aboard the Tugela bound for Australia. That's about a month ahead of schedule!!!

Great news! I just collected my S3 yesterday, and to think wasn't even due to be BUILT until Week 36 also!

Reactions: crc
My son told me there are big delays due to the factory being too small for the huge amount of orders,for example order a Rs3 today it's a April delivery date, back in the first 2 quarters of the year cars where delivered within 2 months or so

My son told me there are big delays due to the factory being too small for the huge amount of orders,for example order a Rs3 today it's a April delivery date, back in the first 2 quarters of the year cars where delivered within 2 months or so

Not sure thats true in all cases , maybe more to do with dealer allocation, or for RS3's. My first S3 was 15 weeks form order and my replacement S3 will only take ca. 13 weeks from order placement to get here (hopefully) and have BW 38 confirmed after order was placed 3rd week on July

Interesting Daveotto
ordered mine 6 july , got build week 44. Suspect you asre right about dealer allocation , and perhaps depends on Spec. Maybe some items take longer than others. I have gone for Lunar , now it is discontinued maybe slowed my order down. Hoping it comes forward a week or two otherwise expect a delivery in December...

Dunno what happened with my SB order. What I do know is that it's 42degrees in Turkey, the pool is refreshing, the beer is chilled and my S3 saloon will be delivered to me (at home, it's a lease) on 2nd September. And I have the reg number.

Can't wait!

Ordered mine in July and est delivery 15th October. My Audi says build 14th September and is currently in prep. My dealers have not mentioned any delays.

Ordered mine in July and est delivery 15th October. My Audi says build 14th September and is currently in prep. My dealers have not mentioned any delays.

I have the same build day according to Your Audi. Must be S3 day in Ingolstadt

Your dealer should have had a batch of weeks for builds of various cars. For instance, the S3 that I ordered, I knew straight off the bat that the build week was 37.... you could see on the screen the dozen or so S3's that they had allocated to them. Next person in to order one got week 38 and so on and so forth.

waiting for my S3 SPB as well (BW 38).
Reading your comments I hope it will come forward.
Can't wait.

Interesting , would be nice earlier.
However, my current 8p has warranty till mid December so as long as I get delivery before then all will be good.