S3 Saloon Tyres

Palacemads3

Reaction score
I am aware that there are a few threads about tyres already, however I wanted to ask a specific question about them.

My conti sport contacts need replacing (they were what came as fitted), they've done 12k miles and the front tyres are right on the wear indicator.

I want a good set of tyres on the car, from what I've read the Michelin PS4 seem excellent. Has anyone else had these fitted to their s3 saloon. Online I can't see the exact spec for my 19's. Is it ok to fit them with a slightly different rating??

Conti's are a softer compound I think and tend not to last as long as some other brands.
As my comments on other threads, I'm a big fan of the Michelins. I've had them on A4, A5 & S5 but not on an A3/S3 yet.
Will I replace the Pirelli's I've just got on my new S3 last week with Michelin when the time comes.... almost certainly.

Reactions: RSS-S3, pburv and Rob2k68
I am aware that there are a few threads about tyres already, however I wanted to ask a specific question about them.

My conti sport contacts need replacing (they were what came as fitted), they've done 12k miles and the front tyres are right on the wear indicator.

I want a good set of tyres on the car, from what I've read the Michelin PS4 seem excellent. Has anyone else had these fitted to their s3 saloon. Online I can't see the exact spec for my 19's. Is it ok to fit them with a slightly different rating??

I'm in the same position with a saloon on contis with 12k on them,near the limit and also interested in PS4's! Would expect more miles from the michelins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Shame Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S isn't being released till January .

Reactions: pburv
Conti's are a softer compound I think and tend not to last as long as some other brands.
As my comments on other threads, I'm a big fan of the Michelins. I've had them on A4, A5 & S5 but not on an A3/S3 yet.
Will I replace the Pirelli's I've just got on my new S3 last week with Michelin when the time comes.... almost certainly.

Totally agree, I swear buy michelins!

Reactions: Audi Bairn