S3 Saloon Tyres

Palacemads3

I am aware that there are a few threads about tyres already, however I wanted to ask a specific question about them.

My conti sport contacts need replacing (they were what came as fitted), they've done 12k miles and the front tyres are right on the wear indicator.

I want a good set of tyres on the car, from what I've read the Michelin PS4 seem excellent. Has anyone else had these fitted to their s3 saloon. Online I can't see the exact spec for my 19's. Is it ok to fit them with a slightly different rating??

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Conti's are a softer compound I think and tend not to last as long as some other brands.
As my comments on other threads, I'm a big fan of the Michelins. I've had them on A4, A5 & S5 but not on an A3/S3 yet.
Will I replace the Pirelli's I've just got on my new S3 last week with Michelin when the time comes.... almost certainly.

Goodfella74

I am aware that there are a few threads about tyres already, however I wanted to ask a specific question about them.

My conti sport contacts need replacing (they were what came as fitted), they've done 12k miles and the front tyres are right on the wear indicator.

I want a good set of tyres on the car, from what I've read the Michelin PS4 seem excellent. Has anyone else had these fitted to their s3 saloon. Online I can't see the exact spec for my 19's. Is it ok to fit them with a slightly different rating??

I'm in the same position with a saloon on contis with 12k on them,near the limit and also interested in PS4's! Would expect more miles from the michelins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Will the michelins fit ok on the s3 saloon?

Yup, just checked on Kwikfit and Black Circles and Michelin PS are on there to fit S3 Saloon

RSS-S3

Conti's are a softer compound I think and tend not to last as long as some other brands.
As my comments on other threads, I'm a big fan of the Michelins. I've had them on A4, A5 & S5 but not on an A3/S3 yet.
Will I replace the Pirelli's I've just got on my new S3 last week with Michelin when the time comes.... almost certainly.

Totally agree, I swear buy michelins!