S3 Saloon Ordered!

Dar15

Reaction score
Evening all
The title says it all. So excited. Tested both saloon & sportback. Went for the saloon. Amazing car.
I intend to keep the car longer than 3 years. Do you think it's worth taking out the 5 year extended warranty.
Thanks

Reactions: David83S3 and Psyman79
Just wondered whether many people that purchase bother with the extended warranty or whether it's just a waste of money, and it doesn't really cover much!
.:uhm:

Congrats on the purchase!! What delivery estimate have you been given...? No Idea on the Warranty as I intend to swap in 3yrs

Thanks.
Not been confirmed yet. End of March/ early April.

Evening all
The title says it all. So excited. Tested both saloon & sportback. Went for the saloon. Amazing car.
I intend to keep the car longer than 3 years. Do you think it's worth taking out the 5 year extended warranty.
Thanks
Nice one! :thumbs up:

What colour and spec did you go for in the end? :think:

Loved both Sepang & Daytona but 1st choice was Glacier.

Black pack
Privacy
DSG
Pana Roof
Comfort +
B&O
Tech High
LED

Can't wait!

Has anybody taken out the extended warranty?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I can't really advise on extended warranty, but one factor is probably how much use the car will get.
I'm expecting just 8K/year, mostly local so I didn't think it worth it.
I am planning to keep quite a few years as well.
We have to assume that these cars are pretty reliable!!
Hope someone can come up with more precise advice.

Do you think it's worth taking out the 5 year extended warranty.
This question has crossed my mind on more than one occasion and have never come up with a clear answer for myself

Suppose, its like most things in life, risk. You take your chances ...

Still haven't 100% made up my mind about the 4th / 5th year warranty extension myself TBH

I think I need to get back in touch with the dealer.
Do you have to purchase it at the point of order or at the collection.

Also when do you have to choose what service intervals you need, for the oil change. Or is it just dictated by the on board service computer. I think I will do more short journeys than long motor way journeys.

Do you have to purchase it at the point of order or at the collection. .
4th and 5th year warranties at Brochure prices are -
**Only available prior to registration of your Audi A3 /S3. Please speak to your Audi Centre for full details.
Page 75 PDF A3/S3 saloon brochure

Also when do you have to choose what service intervals you need, for the oil change. Or is it just dictated by the on board service computer. I think I will do more short journeys than long motor way journeys.
In the FAQ's :thumbs up:

Audi Service Plans & Audi Complete
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2288904

Audi Servicing
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2288944

Reactions: David83S3
Do you have to purchase it at the point of order or at the collection.

I purchased it at the collection, when we were going over all the paperwork.
I plan on keeping my car for awhile so figured it would be worth it.

I went for the 4th year, and the end of the day it's nearly a 40k car, mine's s-tronic so I wanted that extra piece of mind as well. Probably going to have the service/maintenance/tyres package as well. Hopfefully no unexpected costs for 4 years.

I extended the warranty on my 8P S3 but then I do a minimum of 20k miles per year. It came in handy as I had a headlight replaced as it began to fill with condensation 2 months after a 3 year warranty would've expired - Cost of the headlight unit was £822, not sure of labour to go with it. I had 2x front shocks replaced as one had a crack in it, a PCV valve replaced along with a Diverter Valve. Admittedly the last 2 items do not cost much on their own but knowing that I wasn't going to have to pay for diagnosis, labour and parts gave me piece of mind. I intend to extend on my new car too.

To answer your question, you do not need to purchase extended warranty at time of purchase, you can extend anytime during your original warranty.

To answer your question, you do not need to purchase extended warranty at time of purchase, you can extend anytime during your original warranty.

Is that right? So you can extend it right up until the standard 3 years is up?

I'm sure they wouldn't be keen on this if you had a load of warranty work done on it in the first 3 years!

Is that right? So you can extend it right up until the standard 3 years is up?

I'm sure they wouldn't be keen on this if you had a load of warranty work done on it in the first 3 years!

Similarly, I was told when I collected mine last July that I wouldn't need to make a decision re extended warranty at that time and could purchase, if I wanted, any time within the warranty period.

Reactions: A3Kent
Same, I checked with my dealer, apparenty Audi will contact you towards the end of your 3 years and offer to extend extend to 4/5 for a cost

That's good to know. I will probably do this when the 3 years is up but I wasn't willing to pay the additional amount at the time of buying the car.:)

Same, I checked with my dealer, apparenty Audi will contact you towards the end of your 3 years and offer to extend extend to 4/5 for a cost
Will that be to the advertised brochure price or not?

Am I right in thinking that unless the Extended Warranty is taken out at the time of purchasing the car, then it won't be transferrable to other owners?

Am I right in thinking that unless the Extended Warranty is taken out at the time of purchasing the car, then it won't be transferrable to other owners?
Audi T's & C's state:
"The warranty is not affected by a change of ownership of the vehicle."

Edit to add:

More specifically:

"2.7 Transfer of ownership
If your Insured vehicle is sold direct to a private individual, the remaining cover may be transferred
to the new owner providing that the registration fee of £20 is paid.....
.....N.B. The Extended Warranty is not transferable to any vehicle other than that shown on the
confirmation of cover letter

If you choose not to order the extended warranty at the time of ordering your new car, you will be

contacted near the end of the 3 year warranty, to be offered a warranty from Mondial -

https://www.audiextendedwarranty.co.uk/

And no, it won't be the same price as the original brochure price (which will always be less).

Plus - you would have to choose between a comprehensive warranty, or named components warranty.

As an aside, in year 4, you have the choice of going with the Audi Extended Warranty from Mondial, or, shopping around and looking at other 3rd party warranty suppliers. But beware. Many of these won't have a labour rate that would cover work in an Audi Dealership (the Mondial policiy does).

If you intend on keeping the car in year 4 or 5, and can afford to pay for the warranty upfront - this is always the cheapest/best option.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
:)Thanks for the info v8 and everybody else.
Very helpfull yet again.
So much info and help on this site.:)

I ordered my A3 with the 5 year warranty and as veeeight says you have to order it (or the 4 year one) at the time of placing your order else the warranty will be a Mondial one.

I had a bit of luck with mine. The dealership registered my car on 31 July 2014 but I didn't take delivery until 4 August. When I pointed out that IF something happened in those few days in the fifth year my warranty would not be covered, they offered to do a full service and car health check before 31 July in that last year! I thought that was a generous offer given that it is only 5 days.

The other useful tip, is, when your car reaches it's 3rd birthday, it will be time for its first MoT.

I always try to coincide a service 4 weeks before the due date, which will be within the 3 year warranty period.

That way, I get a service, health check, MoT, and if anything needs doing or fails the MoT, the work gets done under warranty :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and glospete
The other useful tip, is, when your car reaches it's 3rd birthday, it will be time for its first MoT.

I always try to coincide a service 4 weeks before the due date, which will be within the 3 year warranty period.

That way, I get a service, health check, MoT, and if anything needs doing or fails the MoT, the work gets done under warranty :)
Agreed :thumbs up:

Did this with my last 2 A4's when they got close to first MOT time