S3 saloon new order

Lisle91

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm new to the forum, and after a lot of deliberation with spec I've finally had my order finalised for an S3 saloon. I had a chat with the dealer about the facelift and he said he personally hadn't heard much, but he did find some vague information on the internal hub. My car is expected late April and he seems to think my order will be the current model, although I haven't been assigned a build date, but he did say he would ask the question and keep me updated as to whether the order will be converted to the facelift (which personally I can't see). I'm happy with the current model as facelift additions seem to be subtle apart from the the Matrix headlights which I would like.

However spec as follows:

- Sepang blue.
- S-tronic.
- Comfort pack with parking plus and cruise control.
- Red callipers.
- Super sport seats.
- B&O sound system:
- Privacy glass.
- Interior light pack.
- Extended mono.pur.
- LED headlights.
- Reverse camera.
- Black styling pack.
- Electric folding mirrors.

I am really looking forward to recieving the car, as its quite a step up from a Fiesta zetec s which I currently drive. I've also gotten a really good deal on the S3 which is another reason why I'm not to bothered about the facelift.

I'm glad to be apart of the forum and found it very useful to far.

Thanks,

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv, MattB1989 and 1 other person
To be honest, if you ask the salesman questions like this (eg facelift plans) he's never going to say anything that might cause you to delay placing an order. If he knew that if you placed the order in a month then you would get your matrix lights, he wouldn't tell you. All he's interested in is getting the sale.
That's not a negative comment. It's his job.

But if I were you I wouldn't bother anyway - get it on order. (I believe I have seen comments on here that suggest facelift will be autumn time)

I
To be honest, if you ask the salesman questions like this (eg facelift plans) he's never going to say anything that might cause you to delay placing an order. If he knew that if you placed the order in a month then you would get your matrix lights, he wouldn't tell you. All he's interested in is getting the sale.
That's not a negative comment. It's his job.

But if I were you I wouldn't bother anyway - get it on order. (I believe I have seen comments on here that suggest facelift will be autumn time)

To be honest I fully agree with you, he gave me the pitch of "you can wait, but I won't be able to give you the same deal and I'm not 100% when it will be released" maybe I was optimistic and hoping for genuine honesty... but I can't complain, he matched a quote from a broker (which other dealers wouldn't even entertain) and threw two additional optional extras free of charge (albeit low cost options) but at least he made a genuine attempt for my business. It turns out the VIP weekend events aren't a complete waste of time as I've previously read.

Thanks for the advice, if I keep waiting for facelifts I'd never actually get a car lol!

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
I

To be honest I fully agree with you, he gave me the pitch of "you can wait, but I won't be able to give you the same deal and I'm not 100% when it will be released" maybe I was optimistic and hoping for genuine honesty... but I can't complain, he matched a quote from a broker (which other dealers wouldn't even entertain) and threw two additional optional extras free of charge (albeit low cost options) but at least he made a genuine attempt for my business. It turns out the VIP weekend events aren't a complete waste of time as I've previously read.

Thanks for the advice, if I keep waiting for facelifts I'd never actually get a car lol!
Out of interest, which options were thrown in free? One I guess was ILP, but may be wrong

Welcome to the forum ! Liking the spec you have there ILP and monoP are definitely worth adding they add that bit of panache to the interior. Just the long wait now .....

Reactions: Simon L, Lisle91 and pburv
Nice Spec :D great list of extras you have going on.

When you get your BW and order number, sign upto MyAudi and watch the progress. It's very interesting.

Reactions: pburv and Lisle91
Hi and welcome to the forums, members normally say what what % discount they got to help others out who are buying the same car. Can I also ask why you went for the reverse camera and rear parking sensors? as it seems strange to have both.

Nice Spec :D great list of extras you have going on.

When you get your BW and order number, sign upto MyAudi and watch the progress. It's very interesting.

Thanks mate, I wasn't aware of that... Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely look out for that!

Hi and welcome to the forums, members normally say what what % discount they got to help others out who are buying the same car. Can I also ask why you went for the reverse camera and rear parking sensors? as it seems strange to have both.

Thanks mate!

Apologies, I should of posted that above... Discount wise I'm looking at around 12% which I'm really happy with... I don't know what bearing the facelift has on the discount mind!

ideally I just wanted the reverse camera, but unfortunately you have to combine it with parking plus, you can't just spec it as a stand alone, which is a little annoying, as like you said it's strange to have both.

Reactions: Rob2k68
ideally I just wanted the reverse camera, but unfortunately you have to combine it with parking plus, you can't just spec it as a stand alone, which is a little annoying, as like you said it's strange to have both.

I've got both - they work together really well helping you judge the distance.

Reactions: Lisle91
Thanks mate!

Apologies, I should of posted that above... Discount wise I'm looking at around 12% which I'm really happy with... I don't know what bearing the facelift has on the discount mind!

Good discount ;) I suppose our bodies have eyes and ears, so it can't harm lol :D

I've got both - they work together really well helping you judge the distance.

Glad to hear... My current car has a reverse camera and I'm so accustomed to using it I couldn't go back to not having one! Sad I know lol!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks mate!

Actually I like having both. I think they both have their place.