S3 Saloon mega delay!

dangerous_liam

Reaction score
I ordered an S3 Saloon at the beginning of May 2014 and still have not received a delivery date. The car has been built and is on its way but 11 months... Really? What has really annoyed me is that a guy at my work ordered the same car, even the same colour mid January and his will be ready to collect at the end of this month. I did order from Drive The Deal but my contract was with Audi as soon as I paid my deposit. I have complained to Audi UK a couple of times but I've generally been fobbed off (general demand of car). The fact that this lad is getting his before me after ordering 8 months later than me is really infuriating and has really took the shine off what should be a really great experience. Is anyone else experiencing this as I do feel like I'm on my own with this one!

I ordered in September 2014 and it was ready for collect in January 2015, which dealer did you order from??

That seems extremely long! Make a complaint on pickup and hopefully you get some goodies.

Reactions: dangerous_liam
I ordered in September 2014 and it was ready for collect in January 2015, which dealer did you order from??
Ordered from Carlisle Audi. Don't really know what's happened although I suspect that they have been prioritising dealer sales and pushing mine to the back of the que. Such a shame to have what should be a wonderful experience tainted somewhat

I would be in the garage complaining bitterly, get the boss himself to come to a meeting at Carlisle .contact the ceo of audi and let him know whats happened with your order .

You obviously haven't complained in the right way or to the right person hence you've been fobbed off. You've got more patience than me as an 8 month wait for a mass produced car is ridiculous and I'd of walked!
Hopefully the car turns out to be good enough to help you forget the wait.

Shout louder and kick up a bigger fuss!!

Did Drive the deal give you any delivery dates ? Have you complained to dtd ?
Carlisle audi details
Carlisle Audi is part of the Thompson Motor Group established in 2000 by Managing Director Stuart Thompson. This privately owned business currently has three Audi sites: Carlisle Audi, Preston Audi and Blackburn Audi.
I believe the head office will be Preston call them and speak to the boss and see what he says .

i ordered end of Jan and picking mine on friday, surely 11months is unexceptable........definitely make a complaint

Most Jan orders are being fulfilled March/April at the mo

Reactions: S3LVX
Whoa... 11 months... the ball got dropped completely. Can you say big discount. I'll take this as a reminder to ask my sales rep for an update every week or two.

Hi Again
Have you got any further forward with this ?
They just said that it is basically luck of the draw. Didn't really offer a meaningful reason why it has taken so long. I mentioned this forum and all of the others who have ordered after and received before and they said they could not comment on that. No further forward and no offers of freebies or goodies. Just going to try and put it behind me and enjoy the car (when I get it). It is now in the country so Just waiting for the call from the dealer. To add insult to injury they say that there is now an extended lead time to getting them delivered to the dealer due to demand. I'm hoping that they won't be frosty with me for complaining to Audi UK but I do feel that I am well within my rights.

That's shocking , I was concerned as although I don't have an Audi they would be my local dealers if I decided to buy one .
What did Audi say about the delay ?
Enjoy the car when you get it .

The luck of the draw? C'mon, at least an apology would be nice.

I filled out the order form at my dealership on 2/24. The dealership dilly dallied for a week before submitting the order to the factory. I received notice that production of my vehicle had started on 3/16. If it makes in on the boat departing Emden on the 30th, it could arrive in San Diego on 5/27.

Thread hijack, ordered our S3 on 18 Feb 2015 and heard nothing at all from dealer so far. Should I be concerned?

TX.

Thread hijack, ordered our S3 on 18 Feb 2015 and heard nothing at all from dealer so far. Should I be concerned?

TX.

Yes I would be, email them and get confirmation when your build week will be, shouldn't of taken more than 2 weeks.

They just said that it is basically luck of the draw. Didn't really offer a meaningful reason why it has taken so long. I mentioned this forum and all of the others who have ordered after and received before and they said they could not comment on that. No further forward and no offers of freebies or goodies. Just going to try and put it behind me and enjoy the car (when I get it). It is now in the country so Just waiting for the call from the dealer. To add insult to injury they say that there is now an extended lead time to getting them delivered to the dealer due to demand. I'm hoping that they won't be frosty with me for complaining to Audi UK but I do feel that I am well within my rights.

Thats a disgrace ! I would ask for your money back and tell em to stick it, no car is worth waiting that length of time, without some serious explanation and compensation

Speak to Audi UK and ask to speak to
Vinshal Irimpan
Executive Customer Relations Manager at Audi UK

Reactions: michael-s3
You must be the most patient person ever! When i wrote a long long email complaint it got passed to a CRM he sorted all my issues in a week which is whats expected at that level.

Clearly you didnt complain correctly! Anyways enjoy your car

Hi again
How are you getting on with the garage an have you got your car /delivery date yet ?