S3 Saloon, DTUK FSR+ issues

Damirz

Reaction score
So I've had a DTUK FSR+ tuning box fitted on my car along side a revo intake. 2 days in and my epc light is coming on, the car cuts out and you have to reset the tuning box to get the car to work again.
To make matters worse I was driving to work this morning and found that the clutches are actually slipping and the car has no pull (I have a S-tronic) so now I'm worried I need clutches.
Anyone had any experience?

Well it's been posted around the forum that the max torque isn't very high for the S-tronic, my mate put a tuning box on his manual A4 (which should be able to handle more torque than the S-tronic) and his started to slip and needs replacing after only 1000 miles with the box.

I'm starting to think a tuning box is not good for these cars as you cant control the max torque it delivers and it seems like the Manual and S-tronic can't handle much more than stock torque for long.

Well it's been posted around the forum that the max torque isn't very high for the S-tronic, my mate put a tuning box on his manual A4 (which should be able to handle more torque than the S-tronic) and his started to slip and needs replacing after only 1000 miles with the box.

I'm starting to think a tuning box is not good for these cars as you cant control the max torque it delivers and it seems like the Manual and S-tronic can't handle much more than stock torque for long.

Hmm seems that way, I removed it the same day and car instantly became okay and revs fine. I think a proper custom map is the only way if you want it done proper :/