S3 Saloon Auto Boot

Diggerz039

Reaction score
I am new and i have made the convert from BMW to Audi. I am picking my new S3 Saloon up on Saturday and cannot wait.

I am just curious as i forgot to try it when there, does the S3 come with the auto boot lid open from key fob come as standard? Sounds petty i know ha but aswell as all the exciting things (i.e. speed and comfort etc) i like the smaller simple things too.

Thanks

I'm glad you asked as I've done the same!

Glad to hear it's fitted as standard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep standard on mine..When pressing the fob there is enough pressure in the gas struts to lift the boot lid...:friends:

Reactions: Gordo77
Is this the same with the normal saloon (S-Line but not S3)?

Reactions: pburv
I am sure someone posted pictures of the trim boot removed to show springs not struts...

Correct, when I was poking around for dash cam wiring the other day, I believe it is sprung

Still, answers the OPs query nonetheless :)

Do you get the boot open switch in the door like on the A/S5 Coupe?

Always great to give your mate a smack in the face as they approach your car to put something in the boot.... :p

Reactions: ItsStando, pburv and azibux1
Do you get the boot open switch in the door like on the A/S5 Coupe?

Always great to give your mate a smack in the face as they approach your car to put something in the boot.... :p
USA and some Euro Spec PFL cars did. UK PFL Cars didn't :( Not sure about the FL's

In America this type of feature is basic on every car including the non-luxuries.

The last time I operated a manual opening trunk (boot) was my Mom's 1990 Passat and her Chevy Celebrity.

In America this type of feature is basic on every car including the non-luxuries.

The last time I operated a manual opening trunk (boot) was my Mom's 1990 Passat and her Chevy Celebrity.
I think I remember reading somewhere that being able to open the trunk / boot from inside the car is a law in the USA...