S3 Saloon 19" Tyres With Rim Protection

selleym

Reaction score
Hi,

I have these rims 19". Not looking for info on the 18" or different rims. As i know the protection can be different

y4mVHF_sia5uCnr2ZuHA85rAQbkOiPsT-2u7sGP9VpUxV3-cy8jL9fAJy0NG3tMolg3FonkacQnas_1vPDznnwbWKZsShBfvOpqUcgS3rAcpSorln-s1JiOt1S7VPUKry1lsi0R8EfwivZ0v6V6tu1u_ODxhgybAnfvS3uewE9NP6oScZkWAVHsvvb3qIkt587QfI7x2j7zbzJHnAePzwsbNg

Looking for pictures/ advice of tyres with rim protection.

I used to have Goodyear Eagle AS 2 on the Scirocco and they had decent protection, but ive heard the AS 3 dont have the same protection.

The Stock ContiSport Contact 5p have decent protection as you can see in the pic. So would like something of similar protection.

Thanks

Pzeros
There's already a recent thread on here concerning the rim protection mate

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Audi Bairn
Think I read in the other thread that PZeros have 7mm rim protection

I had 3 Pirelli P-Zeros fitted at the weekend. The car came with one already fitted.

I paid £163 a tyre from Black Circles. Make sure you get ones with RO2 otherwise you won’t get the rim protection.

bf6b7cced4152a176ea00b9a82d94e5b.jpg

Reactions: MikhailCompo and Audi Bairn
Thanks Guys, How you finding the Pzeros in the cold?

My Bad didn't see the other thread as i wasn't looking for Pzero in particular.
Anyone with the Goodyear AS3 on 19" S3 Alloys?

It's not been mega cold yet so can't say but they've been great for me so far. Good in the wet I can say that much :whistle2:

The rim protection on the P Zeros that came on my car from new and I still have, is excellent.
My preference is always Michelins but I have to say I’ve not had any issues with the Pirelli’s.
They’ll have been on the car for two years come mid-November (18,000 miles+) and still have a bit to go too.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Jassyo06
Decent mileage out of them then

Reactions: Audi Bairn
RO1 is older version of same tyre . R01 has a “small”rim protection type moulding but is no where near as pronounced as R02 . Be careful some tyre websites don’t distinguish between the 2 . I ordered 2 tyres from kwik fit last month they supplied the R01 . My saloon came with R02 as standard .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
RO1 is older version of same tyre . R01 has a “small”rim protection type moulding but is no where near as pronounced as R02 . Be careful some tyre websites don’t distinguish between the 2 . I ordered 2 tyres from kwik fit last month they supplied the R01 . My saloon came with R02 as standard .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is why I used Black Circles as it was one of the few that actually let me pick the RO2 tyre. If you just ask for Pirelli P-Zeros, you'll just get standard tyres as my boss found out!

Reactions: MikhailCompo
Costco I've found to be most competitive price wise and quality. £150 for Michelin PS4s before the current offer they have.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've had Eagle 2's and 3's and the rim protection is the same.
Not as much as the p zeros though but still roughly 5mm
20180612 191624 2268x3024

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 3’s

255 on our old PFL RS3
a705d7580e179b772e7ed041811f12ef.jpg

225 On our GTD
93ee6a7140625bf9ce05efcb03910d3d.jpg