S3 Sachs Organic cluch - which Slave Cylinder?

luke_m87

Reaction score
Since my car was mapped around this time last year, my car's been making around 325bhp and 345lbsft so naturally the standard clutch was on borrowed time.
That time has now come as it slips in nearly every gear the moment the turbo begins to spool.

I'm not planning on tuning any further, even if I do it'll only be to stg2+.
After reading lot's of threads on here and much deliberation I am going to go with Sachs organic and a LUK DMF, I have found a full kit including a Sachs Slave Cylinder for a good price. I will also be getting a 'Push clutch to start' bypass after reading a few stories of uprated clutches on here.

My worry is that I have seen a couple of questions as to whether we are better trying to source OEM or LUK Slave Cylinders over the Sachs, but I cannot find any definitive answers.
Are the issues engagement/disengagement related or failures? Is this all a myth and i will be ok to stick with the Sachs?
Any help would be great as i just need to get on and order the parts now.

I fitted Sachs slave cylinder with the organic plate and LUK DMF, came in the kit I bought and has been perfect, make sure have someone good fit it.
Also need to make sure have the bolts for flywheel and clutch plate.

Reactions: S3DUST
I had heard that to, to be honest and I contacted the seller who had no issue on over 30 kits he had sold so I went with it and has been faultless. If in doubt get the LUK one.

You have VAT to add on to that price. I bought the DMF off eBay at a good price and then the rest of the kit from Mark at brotek. My mechanic replaced gearbox oil, transmission fluid and also clutch fluid.

When was it that you fitted yours? Have you run it in and driven the car in anger again yet?
Euro Car Parts only seem to have the Sachs one available now, to be honest most of the kits seem to have a Sachs too so they surely they wouldn't sell a product that they would have to cover loads of warranty on.

Did you contact Mark on here as his site doesn't seem to have any product on there.
Currently it works out £4 cheaper to go around the houses ordering parts than to make one purchase.

I had the Sachs clutch fitted with dmf and it worked fine however slightly ruined the car as a daily driver as it wasnt ideal in traffic

Thanks for the help.

From what most say this is a fairly easy going option compared to others. Lets face it no mods are ever going to feel OEM, it's a compromise performance or usability.

I had the Sachs clutch fitted with dmf and it worked fine however slightly ruined the car as a daily driver as it wasnt ideal in traffic

Get to the gym and build those leg muscles up. Lol...

Reactions: S.