S3 Sachs clutch & flywheel

Charlie23

Reaction score
Just picked up my car from having the new clutch and flywheel fitted feels nice to drive but should i run it in abit before giving it some beans?

The general experience with the Sachs is to give it a few hundred miles before wringing its neck.

If you fry the organic friction material early on it may well give up on you.

Put this another way....it loses you nothing to do this and may save you an early failure.

Mine lasted all the way to 440lbs but was run in as advised by AMD.

I didn't take it fair easy just didn't do any quick starts.
Although I waited until 500 miles before having stage 2+ loaded on.
As Alex says for the cost of the job it's best to give it a chance to bed in for a few hundred miles.

Reactions: S3Alex
It's kind of similar to the advice on running engines in after a rebuild.

Some say you must run it in and some say to run it like you stole it.

The advice I've had has been from people who either build engines or cars for a living and I've stuck with that.

It's kind of similar to the advice on running engines in after a rebuild.

Some say you must run it in and some say to run it like you stole it.

The advice I've had has been from people who either build engines or cars for a living and I've stuck with that.

My pal with the Porsche run his engine in for 2500 miles with an oil change at every 300 miles..

Over the top or?

Last edited:
Anyone got any links of the cheapest places to get the Sachs organic clutch and flywheel please? I cant afford it yet but will have to get it done in the near future!
My mate has said he will fit it for £150 so thats the fitting sorted.

Ta

My pal with the Porsche run his engine in for 2500 miles with an oil change at every 300 miles..

Over the top or?

No...I'd say it was spot on.

When my Sierra Cosworth was rebuilt to GpA spec,the run-in was similar.

The S3 was run in on low boost for 1000 miles and then the oil change,before the Stg3 software was loaded on.

I didn't take it fair easy just didn't do any quick starts.
Although I waited until 500 miles before having stage 2+ loaded on.
As Alex says for the cost of the job it's best to give it a chance to bed in for a few hundred miles.

Can I ask how many miles you have on the clutch now? I have all the hardware minus clutch to go stage 2+ but I don't want to be replacing my clutch a year or so down the line because of the DMF.

On this car I've only done about 3k but on my previous Tfsi Cupra stage 2 the same kit and flywheel have done 25k and its as goid as the day it was fitted.