S3 s-tronic gearbox failure

Me too :(

Just got off the phone with them after the manager failed to call me back twice.

Was confirmed that they're on the second gearbox but still no joy and that they're waiting for another part (on back order). Should arrive on 30th.

Completely screwing me over! I have a 1200ish mile round trip to France on New Year's Eve for a week! :( they'd better let me take the courtesy car abroad lol

It'll be at least TWO months to resolve a gearbox issue. Anyone got tips for complaining to Audi UK?

After 2 months... I've finally got my car back, and so far (5days) she's driving well!

Downside they've managed to put 2 scratches and a ding in the door... Complained to the guy looking after me, he said management would be in touch - guess what - No word from their management in 4 days now! Completely unacceptable!

May have to speak to a legal friend now as this is ridiculous!

After 2 months... I've finally got my car back, and so far (5days) she's driving well!

Downside they've managed to put 2 scratches and a ding in the door... Complained to the guy looking after me, he said management would be in touch - guess what - No word from their management in 4 days now! Completely unacceptable!

May have to speak to a legal friend now as this is ridiculous!
Good ...and bad news! If I was you I would visit the dealer in person and demand to see the service manager..
Don't waste your time with phone calls..When you do go to the dealers make sure they don't put you in an office away from other customers(makes it more difficult for them to 'fob' you off)..
customer-service-call-comcast.gif

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, based on the gearbox history, I'm extremely reluctant to own a DSG equipped car outside of the warranty period.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, based on the gearbox history, I'm extremely reluctant to own a DSG equipped car outside of the warranty period.
Having a DSG box is no excuse for a dealer to scratch and dent your car...

True, I was referring more to the reliability and durability record of the DSG box, rather than the OP's latest saga with the car/dealer!

Whats the future of it with outside warranties ?

They get wise eventually and won't cover like they won't cover RS models and Nissan Skyline .

Or, the premium for an extended warranty just goes up in price !

Yes, I can understand anyone not wanting to warrant the GTR gearboxes!

How much would it cost to replace outside of warranty,if I decided to keep the car for more than 3 yrs

If you go via an indi, it'll cost you about £3.6k to change the mech unit. If it's the box it's £10k!! The box itself is £8.5k! Comes with a mech unit in it, can't buy it separate.
My box went on my S4, but after taking it to 3D transmissions in Reading they changed both clutches for £2.4k, much cheaper. Audi don't repair, they just replace...

before having the S3 now counting 88.000km in 2 years I had an R36 and put more than 300.000km on it.

R36 with DSG and S3 with DSG.

OK, with 300.000km it felt harsh and less smooth but had 0 problems only oil and filters changed.

just wanted to share my DSG experiences because I see more posts with bad stories than good ones.

:)

PS: forgot saying that S3 is with the MTM box from 13000km.