1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift S3 S-tronic 1st-2nd gear jerk

Rolly12 Jun 27, 2018

1. Rolly12

Rolly12 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar to what I am? It normally happens when the car is warm and I’ve switched off the ignition and then turn it back on, immediately put it into dynamic and move the gear lever over to the left for manual mode. When changing from 1st to 2nd for the first time over 3k revs (not necessarily aggressive acceleration ) I get a very aggressive jerk forward with what can only be described as a loud thud? It doesn’t happen all the time but it is fairly common.

Had my car in at Audi for a service and asked if they could take a look at it. They had it out twice (once with a normal tech and then the master tech) and also compared it with another S3 and the master tech says he can feel it between 1st to 2nd AND 2nd to 3rd and that it’s a characteristic of the s-tronic box. I’ve never experienced it from 2nd to 3rd and certainly wouldn’t say it feels like something that should be a characteristic...

Any thoughts or experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. MattSedg

MattSedg sportback roof rails enthusiast Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition

yeah i get this, hasnt really worried me as it ONLY ever happens in that circumstance, you can nearly make it happen on demand.

Nics, Chris S 1245, GW1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. GW1

GW1 Active Member

Same here.

5. scott8v

scott8v New Member

Have you had the car remapped?

6. Rolly12

Rolly12 Well-Known Member

Completely standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. scott8v

scott8v New Member

I had my a3 remapped and it made gear changes jerky. Had remap removed and car went back to smooth..

8. NotNormal

NotNormal Active Member Team Nano Grey VCDS Map User Audi S3 quattro S tronic

With VCDS (vagcom) change the following :

44 - adaptions

Driver switch over profile

Original - incremental

Now - direct

will smooth out the changes perfectly
    My facelift S3 running JB4, decat, intake, exhaust, intercooler ..... smooth as eggs on the gear change