S3 - RS TT/3 upgrade

nervus

Reaction score
Well, I took a punt and bought some Brembo RS3 (8P) 4-pots and 370mm rotors! Be advised that it doesnt fit the 8VS3

The calipers bolt on and sit in the correct place but the offset on the rotors is wrong. it hits the lower wishbone and sits too far inboard on the caliper.

the disc sits 5mm too far inboard. looking at the std 8V disc vs the RS3 disc, it is 10mm less from inner friction face to outside of bell housing.

So whats needed to use this caliper is disc with the same offset as the 8V but is 365 - 370mm in diameter. Any ideas anyone?

i've been told by Revolution motorstore that a C6 RS6 will fit but at £300/ non-returnable disc its a gamble!
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Can't help you there matey. Way beyond my knowledge, however I have a question about your wheel set up, what are you running width wise? Looks pretty chunky from your avatar?

Hi Naughts,
Sorted brakes, you need TT-RS discs not RS3 discs as the 3 ran a wider front track ***!

My wheels are MTM bimoto's 19" ET50 so sit further out than stock without needing spacers. I'm running PZero 235/35/19 tyres and I'd say the front end could maybe take a 5mm spacer and the rear a 10mm if you wanted to push it. Also I have -20mm springs fitted.

Hi Naughts,
Sorted brakes, you need TT-RS discs not RS3 discs as the 3 ran a wider front track ***!

My wheels are MTM bimoto's 19" ET50 so sit further out than stock without needing spacers. I'm running PZero 235/35/19 tyres and I'd say the front end could maybe take a 5mm spacer and the rear a 10mm if you wanted to push it. Also I have -20mm springs fitted.

Forgot to say, they are 8.5J width too!