s3 rolling road

jim s3

Reaction score
gutted just had my s3 rolling roaded and got 239.7 bhp. it has the revo remap, a k&n filter and a forge dv with the green spring, so looks like i need the yellow spring (any one got one spare) getting the milltec delivered on wednesday so getting it rolling roaded again with that on hopefully with the yellow spring fitted should see more than that.

wish me luck..

no, it'll just change the response speed of the valve... it wont give any extra power... It may however cause it to spike and go into limp mode though...

when it was being rr you could hear it passing and he said the spring wasnt strong enough for the boost that was being produced...

i beleive if the forge dv is fitted correctly, the boost pressure isn't being countered by the springs force... so if i'm not mixing things up, that's incorrect.

yes you can service it, after a while it needs to be re-greased, otherwise it won't work correctly.

again, if i remember correctly, when you release the throttle the pressure is diverted to the top of the valve so it opens and bypasses. otherwise the boost pressure is to the bottom side...or something?

forge help me out!:)

think i will go see forge only workin round the corner from them see if they can help me..
what else could it be i thought it was ment to be 265bhp....

ok just been looking at the power read out and the power between 3800 and 4300 is the same ie flat spot is this the limp mode? its like it looses boost then its nice and smooth all the way to 239..

as a reference, my powergraph shows hp steadyly rising up to about 5000rpm and then a bit flta then down. so yours seem more like a torque graph, fat in the middle...

maybe the turbo induction pipe is collapsing? do you have a forge TIP? actually my OEM TIP is just fine, and my car is pretty high strung (peak about 1.55 bar)

btw, before i chipped my car i asked forge about the springs and they said green should be fine. if you want better response you can go for harder springs. harder springs make the DV work faster/sharper, so better response.i don't think it's essential so i stuck with green.

my be my tip is collapsing still got standard on there, at 3800 i have got 160 then from4300 nice straight line up to 239 and the torque peaks at 221 at 3600 revs

hmm...don't think its the TIP because thats supposed to go at around 5000-5500rpm. i thimk you should try a new MAF if you can find one to try.

i'm sure fitting the yellow spring won't hurt, just be prepared for no noticable gain. i once read a thread somewhere on the net saying the stronger springs meant less pressure drop during gear shifts.

check out ess-three s star performance thread at the start of the s3 forum. he's tested them all, and some great advice about the n75 there. whatever you decide, i wouldn't change anything before i found out whats wrong.

heh that never ocurred to us did it :)
quite possible. maybe you should check your requested/actual boost pressures and MAF readings through a VAG-COM on the road. that will confirm if you have a problem

its a software thats just like the stealers use. but you can use them with your lap top and a proper cable. and you can also log a ton of information in realtime from the cars sensors. so if you can get those guys to help you (they should have vag-com) and log the MAF air flow and the boost pressures, you can tell if theres some problem. if the maf readings are low, that would explain the low power. if the actual boost doesn't meet the requested boost, that would mean a leak, again explaining the problem.

btw, sorry for being so slow, but your problem is not your cars power, it's that your rr gave you very small losses, so the engine power seems very low. i think if you get it properly rr'd, you'll have much better results.

you say 209 hp at the wheels, add around 50 hp for transmission losses and you get around 265 hp at the flywheel. thats pretty normal for a generic remap.