S3 revving by itself, pcv changed what next ?

The DV+ is a good mod. Did you buy secondhand as GFB supplied a modified plunger and stronger spring for K04 engined cars as they had issues with them. The modified plunger is black.
Got it from a reputable dealer, with both uprated spring and plunger, everything fitted properly, checked all o-rings and seals all the way from the turbo to the manifold. Can't explain why I get more boost with the oem one, didn't notice the boost difference when I first fitted the dv+ since I also had a leaking intercooler back then...

Mine has just started doing this aswell! Any diy solutions with guides before i take it to garage?
I had the same problem 3 days ago and changed out my spark plugs and put a pcv delete on the car , yesterday when i turned her over revs where around 1050 but within 30 secs bk to 900 rpm so it looks like issue could be sorted .
You could buy a new pcv kit from Audi

I`m starting to think it might be the coolant thermostat.

Funny you mention that...
I'm lucky enough to have 3 pain in the *** trial and error problems:
-The dreaded Oil/Siren noise
-Thermo fans coming on full blast while car is off randomly
-This rev hunting up and down while slowing down to stop.

I can probably confirm it isn't the coolant/temp sensors, as I've replaced them both due to the zombie thermo fans problem, just so you know...(which by the way did not fix that either, and after forking out for both temp sensors plus a brand new thermo fan assembly coupled with the fact that VCDS reports nothing; and never will - due to the fact that when the car is ignition on and/or running the ******* works perfectly just as it should, so had to rig fans up to a dedicated switch wired into the dash.

But what I'm getting at is I'm starting to think the other 2 problems (Oil/Siren noise and this rev surging) could and probably are related.

Car is mapped stage 2 generic
Returning to stage 1: both problems still exist
DV is standard but seems fine...if the diaphragm is ********, is it obvious? Cause seems nice and tight but it's the first time I've looked at one...
PCV is forge
I'm very very suspicious on the hard corrugated pipe (pic attached) but how to replace this one? Never trusted anything about this pipe seems likely to crack and the way it connects is not ideal
IMG 20201001 192001

I had a crack in one of of those hoses, I think it was the top one.
I didn't have any revving issues, but I kept finding a light misting of oil on the underside and bottom edge of the engine cover, directly above the DV.
After lots of messing around with the DV, thinking it was that I decided to replace the hose and the oil misting problem went away!
I still have the bottom hose un-used, so if you need that one I can let you have it for a fair price.

Low pressure fuel sensor - located on hpfp- is known for this issue. It;s very cheap and easy to change. If you don;t have the latest revision just do it.

could be -
purge valve
carbon canister
pcv valve hoses!!!!!! - this was what ended up being the fault on mine, changed the pcv valve but not the hoses and still had the issue once i changed the hoses it was sorted.