S3 REVO stg1 with SPS

paddy

Reaction score
Can anyone here tell me what their stock and stg 1 settings are for ignition , Boost and fuel via their SPS ?? on their S3

Long shot i know but you never know :)

From memory.....

Boost - 8
Timing - 6
Fuel - 9

Only ever used V Power.

iirc `stock` is everything turned down to 1.
Logging is necessary to ensure optimum combo and lowest correctional factors. (which I never did:uhm:)

Cheers
Paul

Cheers Paul
I think you might have boost and timing back to front 8 for boost is very high, 8 for timing is 100 ron, 6 for boost would be about right. 9 boost is classed as very aggressive and not recommended.

the figures i have are for Turbo cars in general and not particular to the S3. wondered what others were using that works wel
Still got a 3k rpm misfire, with or without revo set but cant get it to do it to order with a tech in the car......****** nightmare.l...and as usual ..no fault code.

Cheers Paul
I think you might have boost and timing back to front 8 for boost is very high, 8 for timing is 100 ron, 6 for boost would be about right. 9 boost is classed as very aggressive and not recommended.

the figures i have are for Turbo cars in general and not particular to the S3. wondered what others were using that works wel
Still got a 3k rpm misfire, with or without revo set but cant get it to do it to order with a tech in the car......****** nightmare.l...and as usual ..no fault code.

Paddy, I had this on mine, it was due to an issue in the Revo S1 software, they reflashed mine with a new version of the file (about 2 months ago) and the misfire has gone and pulls ever better now! I had a few emails back and forth with Revo and they are aware of the issue.

Thanks Silky
Do you know what version they installed on yours ?
Initially i had v9 of the 8P0 907 115AP S0010 code. That showed these misfire symptoms and they changed it to v10 and it cured it but it still occasionally did its misfire. Recently its been getting worse again and i am back to the V9 problems.
I will try revo again but i suspect the V10 is not quite right either.

Serial port Switch, it enables you to adjust basic settings of the map via the diagnostic/serial port.

Ah ok, so what does it mean it says SPS+ in your sig? Reason I ask is because I'm looking at the Revo stage 1 map for car and haven't seen a mention of SPS+. (Apologies for crashing your thread)

Reactions: ch1z64
Cheers Paul

Had a check, 99% sure thats what I was running. Not saying they were perfect but the car ran and went very very well:icon_thumright:

Also looking into issues on a mates S3 07 that has some real wacky issues with a revo map, new plugs fixed the stuttering, coil recall done, but now the revs go all over the place when on revo map, will check his dongle settings for A/B/C as I reckon either he has old map software with issues, his map done when his had old plugs/coils or the dongle is programmed badly, who knows, but when on stock it works fine, we'll see, nice to be back tinkering with S3's lol.

I have V10 software (did have V9) for:

Address 01: Engine (CDL) Labels: 06F-907-115-CDL.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 907 115 AP HW: 8P0 907 115 B
Component: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0010
Revision: 5BH19---

Looks like a different ECU from yours? Mine is spot on now, no misfires at all. This may help: Facelift 2.0TFSI K04 - Partial Throttle Cut 2800 – 3000 rpm | m.VAGOC.co.uk

Your ECU number is identical to mine and i am running V10...it was fine for a 2k miles but it slowly deteriating now..If i stop and switch off and re start it is sometimes better. I will contact Revo
Cheers Mate :)

OK mate, keep us updated.

Right consensus for mates car is the clutch is goosed, stands to reason with the fault analysis after discussion with Kev@revo HQ, top bloke aswell, slipping like a mother, so thats a new clutch & then possibly whilst its all out flywheel.

Anyone changed these parts with uprated, I know about solid wheels etc, but those are bit knocky in gear changes & vibrate allot by all reports

Anyway see what mate says, he has no choice if he wants to use the map as when its on, car is pointless driving as its almost unusable.

Right consensus for mates car is the clutch is goosed, stands to reason with the fault analysis after discussion with Kev@revo HQ, top bloke aswell, slipping like a mother, so thats a new clutch & then possibly whilst its all out flywheel.

Anyone changed these parts with uprated, I know about solid wheels etc, but those are bit knocky in gear changes & vibrate allot by all reports

Anyway see what mate says, he has no choice if he wants to use the map as when its on, car is pointless driving as its almost unusable.

Bit worried about mine as I am installing REVO stage 2 tomorrow. The previous owner had it at stage 2 but reset to the stock settings as he removed the Milltek. He has kindly told me the settings he had on his so I will start by using them and may have a tinker with it depending on the results. He claims that the clutch never slipped at stage 2. He had it on the rollers at Awesome who installed the stage 2 software and it made 360bhp and 370 lbs/ft.

At the moment it has quite a bad misfire problem but I am hoping this is down to the cooler running plugs. He had these installed and didn't bother to replace with the stock items when he returned the car to standard. I know I will need a clutch at some point as I will be going to S2+ but I was hoping it would last the winter :)

Let us know how it goes with the misfire after stg2...As i understand it the std map you have reverted too is still the revo map with the setting turned down so it will be interesting to see if the misfire remains.

Reactions: AdriansS3
Let us know how it goes with the misfire after stg2...As i understand it the std map you have reverted too is still the revo map with the setting turned down so it will be interesting to see if the misfire remains.

Yeah I will do mate. The lad I bought it off says that he had 1 small flat spot at about 5k rpm when it was stage 2 but when he put it back to stock it had quite a few flat spots and little misfires so hopefully, tomorrow it will be back to the way it was! I am lead to believe all stage 2's have that flat spot at 5krpm due the the standard fuel pump not being great. That will be sorted in the spring anyway.

Hi, I also revo'ed a 8P0 907 115 AP ECU recently, and has the partial load thottle cut, at stock or performance modes, at several speeds / rpm, specially noticeable with cruise control activated.. I asked revo but I haven't any reply yet...
what happened with your cars? what software version it's the latest or better?
Thanks in advance.

Was their ever resolution to this? Sitting with a v9 map on a 8P0 907 115 AQ ecu and experiencing the same issue.

Was their ever resolution to this? Sitting with a v9 map on a 8P0 907 115 AQ ecu and experiencing the same issue.

Hi acheron,
my car despite the fact was flashed a lot later than the known issues of V9 and existed V10, with a V9 file, that was the problem!
once was updated to V10 all was fine, but the dealers had to request to revo HQ
now all it's smoother, even very noticeable in s-tronic gear shifts

looks like your ~AQ (from a CDLC) it's the equivalent ECU to the ~AP CDLA engine european version, and will have the same problem, write to revo hq support, they are aware of this type of problems and helped me.

Hi acheron,
my car despite the fact was flashed a lot later than the known issues of V9 and existed V10, with a V9 file, that was the problem!
once was updated to V10 all was fine, but the dealers had to request to revo HQ
now all it's smoother, even very noticeable in s-tronic gear shifts

looks like your ~AQ (from a CDLC) it's the equivalent ECU to the ~AP CDLA engine european version, and will have the same problem, write to revo hq support, they are aware of this type of problems and helped me.
Thanks for confirming the solution and the extra info, berto! :beerchug:

I had mine mapped about 2 months ago so I'm not sure why the hell the dealer flashed v9 since v10 has been out for ages.

Thanks for confirming the solution and the extra info, berto! :beerchug:

I had mine mapped about 2 months ago so I'm not sure why the hell the dealer flashed v9 since v10 has been out for ages.

at begining I didn't know what version was flashed because was the latest that had my dealer.. but asked to the HQ and sent the V10, I don't know why dealers aren't updated......
write to the global support email that appears here: Revo | Contact

and ask for a V10 for the AQ ecu, as I saw with the part number, it's the latest for CDLC, as the AP it's the latest for CDLA,
they will remember my case, World HQ were good and solved any problem, and eased my update from a previous flashed ECU I had.

Yeah I will do mate. The lad I bought it off says that he had 1 small flat spot at about 5k rpm when it was stage 2 but when he put it back to stock it had quite a few flat spots and little misfires so hopefully, tomorrow it will be back to the way it was! I am lead to believe all stage 2's have that flat spot at 5krpm due the the standard fuel pump not being great. That will be sorted in the spring anyway.

I have the same problem now... my ECU is 8P0 907 115 AQ. And the turbo pressure drops after 5k RPM, and my horse powers is too bad :( REVO Stage 2+. Audi S3 8P 2010.