S3 Reviews...a collection

My last few videos of searching for S3's before I collect :D

Reactions: Rob2k68, David83S3 and Fox5150
It's almost here LF!

Reactions: David83S3 and Liquidfusion-S3
I have literally viewed/read every single video/blog/review I can find on the "Tinterweb" ....I am all out of media!! The only thing that will suffice now is THE REAL THING!!!! :keule:.......:drag:........:jester:

Reactions: RedTurtle
Me too, Except i'm expecting a mass of photos to appear on Sunday 1st March from you to get me through the day!

Me too, Except i'm expecting a mass of photos to appear on Sunday 1st March from you to get me through the day!

There will be some photos at some point ....but I cannot advise when as I intend to be out and about consuming fuel like no ones business!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be some photos at some point ....but I cannot advise when as I intend to be out and about consuming fuel like no ones business!!!!!!!!!!!!
1000 mile run in period.. done in a day! :arco::salute:

Reactions: Psyman79 and David83S3
1000 mile run in period.. done in a day! :arco::salute:

HA!!! I know I will have to go steady and not do tooooooooo many miles on day one.......but my run in period is going to be rather short as I feel 1000 miles of driving like a granny is a bit OTT. Like many on here state ...its a modern car and once the engine is warmed up you should be able to drive it as you like......it was built for fast driving!!!! :devilish:

Reactions: Psyman79
HA!!! I know I will have to go steady and not do tooooooooo many miles on day one.......but my run in period is going to be rather short as I feel 1000 miles of driving like a granny is a bit OTT. Like many on here state ...its a modern car and once the engine is warmed up you should be able to drive it as you like......it was built for fast driving!!!! :devilish:

Your brand new S3 will simply tell you... "RUN BOY RUN !!!" :) Enjoy it !!!

Reactions: David83S3
Just back from the USA and saw a positive review in a US motoring magazine. You would need to Google it but here is a pointer:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425895697576367

Reactions: Blackwhite
Winding Road video

Notice how in D and S, there are no gear numbers. I could not live with that, must be something for the US models?

Notice how in D and S, there are no gear numbers. I could not live with that, must be something for the US models?

Why is it important to know the gear number? I've driven many motorcycles with no gear indicator. If the revs are too high you shift up; engine lugging you shift down. Eventually you learn by the speed and revs when there's no higher or lower gear to shift to. In the D and S auto modes the gear number doesn't really give the driver useful information.

Thanks for posting the video. These POV ride-alongs are fun to watch. Your eyes must be better than mine if you can read the instrument panel though lol!

Why is it important to know the gear number? I've driven many motorcycles with no gear indicator. If the revs are too high you shift up; engine lugging you shift down. Eventually you learn by the speed and revs when there's no higher or lower gear to shift to. In the D and S auto modes the gear number doesn't really give the driver useful information.

Thanks for posting the video. These POV ride-alongs are fun to watch. Your eyes must be better than mine if you can read the instrument panel though lol!
I don't know why I care, but I'm so used to it that I find it really discomforting to drive cars that just show "D" on the dash instead.

I leave my car in auto most of the time but still like to know what gear it's in, at least with the gearbox I have in mine. I find it really useful, but can't really explain why. An example might be when it's changed down to 1st gear so I should be careful on the gas as it's jerky and wait for 2nd to accelerate. Or when it's 30mph and it's in 4th, it feels smoother in 5th so I accelerate a bit more to 35mph. I'm probably an anomaly!

8V S3 against a Sport Quattro

Old school vs new school

Reactions: sunscreemer and RedTurtle
Brand new one from FastLaneDaily. As usual its all praise for the S3 :)

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3 and mr gee
They have the sedan/saloon down as 4.7s instead of 4.9s, that's wrong isn't it?
Interesting! Can never tell cause different regions get the car in different states of tune. Could be a mistake on their part as well.

Found this one yesterday.

Quick little honest review.

Reactions: vacant, WeeDram and David83S3
Typical American, he complains the ride isn't great over speed humps, whilst you are drinking your coffee:wtf: