From what I know there’s only one way to delete the GPF which is by removing it. Don’t think it can be mapped out unless I’m wrong.

Best bang for your buck is a res delete without getting a totally new exhaust system. I’ve just took my res delete off my S3 as I’ve sold it and I couldn’t believe how quiet it was when it had been removed and the original resonator was put back on. Very muted pops and bangs and that is on the pre-GPF model so I can’t imagine how quiet the GPF models are. Plus you won’t void the warranty on the rest of your car unlike removing the GPF, which is also a MOT failure.

If you are interested in a res delete I’ve got an anti drone one up for sale in the classifieds.

cheers Bells. That makes sense. How did you get on with the MOT? I’ll have a look at your classifieds

cheers Bells. That makes sense. How did you get on with the MOT? I’ll have a look at your classifieds
MOT was fine with the res delete fitted, as it only alters the sound of your exhaust not the emissions etc. The MOT tester didn’t even mention it :icon thumright:

MOT was fine with the res delete fitted, as it only alters the sound of your exhaust not the emissions etc. The MOT tester didn’t even mention it :icon thumright:

Nice! That’s all I want is to get ‘that’ sound back. Have you opened your valves permanently also?

Nice! That’s all I want is to get ‘that’ sound back. Have you opened your valves permanently also?
Nah never ran it with the valves permanently open, res delete alone was loud enough for me as they open anyway past 3k rpm I think. Although I know some others have done the mod on here.
Here’s a link to a short sound clip with the res delete on, although mine didn’t have a GPF.

Nah never ran it with the valves permanently open, res delete alone was loud enough for me as they open anyway past 3k rpm I think. Although I know some others have done the mod on here.
Here’s a link to a short sound clip with the res delete on, although mine didn’t have a GPF.

that does sound much better. Be interesting to compare the sound with GPF and res delete. Have you got a link to your classified ad?

Reactions: Bells
Mate, when you say ‘GPF delete’ would that be what the GPF bypass is referred to that Milltek are doing or is that something completely different?
Just want my S3 to sound better than it does now and I’m not sure how to go about it as cheaply as possible!

I can't see how it can be bypassed mate so I think the only option is to remove the two of them completely from the system.

It's definitely not cheap though, the pipe alone was £500 then fitting was 6 hours due to the nature of how difficult it is so that can obviously vary from garage to garage but I was £50 an hour for that.

To add to that, as above you need to get it mapped in so I had my gearbox and engine mapped up to stage 1.5 with my existing mods so again it isn't a cheap process.

Sounds absolutely brilliant though and pulls like mad!

Also I don't want to crap all over Bells sale here but I had a res delete done when I first got the car and it made very little difference. Had it cost any more than the £70 I paid for it then I really wouldn't have been happy as I drove it away thinking nothing had been done to it.

I can't see how it can be bypassed mate so I think the only option is to remove the two of them completely from the system.

It's definitely not cheap though, the pipe alone was £500 then fitting was 6 hours due to the nature of how difficult it is so that can obviously vary from garage to garage but I was £50 an hour for that.

To add to that, as above you need to get it mapped in so I had my gearbox and engine mapped up to stage 1.5 with my existing mods so again it isn't a cheap process.

Sounds absolutely brilliant though and pulls like mad!

Also I don't want to **** all over Bells sale here but I had a res delete done when I first got the car and it made very little difference. Had it cost any more than the £70 I paid for it then I really wouldn't have been happy as I drove it away thinking nothing had been done to it.

Ive just realised that the ‘bypass’ I mentioned is actually a plug and play module which I’m assuming is to avoid engine management lights coming on when the GPF is removed.