S3 replacement wing mirror bits?

msdmjb

Reaction score
People, does anybody know which bits of a wing mirror assembly are replaceable?

Just had mine clattered and the black housing is fine, the motor within it still works (i.e. the wing mirror folds in fine and the motor to move the glass is working fine), the heating elements are still there BUT the wing mirror cover is cracked, the glass is out (part no. 8V0.857.535.E) and the led strip is broken but the led still works fine. The mirror cover is body paint coloured.

I am hoping I am not the only one.............

Thanks

From doing my retrofit the housing is 1 piece with the indicator and the cover is another.
Might be worth trying eBay for a cover in the same colour otherwise it’s not cheap getting one painted. Or buying a whole mirror and take the good bits off it.
If you struggle getting the indicator there’s aftermarket dynamic ones I’ve seen for £50 ish online.

When mine was smashed I was able to order

Outside cover
LED strip
Glass

all separately they will even paint it for you at a cost think that cost to me was £60quid for painting.

Thanks folks, doesn't feel too bad.
Now thinking about going away from body colour..............

Reactions: davc
In case anybody is interested you can indeed buy individual replacements parts (2014 folding heated S3 wing mirrors).
I got all mine (glass/led strip/unpainted cover) from Oscaro online and all fitted easy, cost me £35 cash for the cover to be sprayed from a local bodyshop :) So all in just over £100 which I was pleased with.

The bodyshop repaired the old one for £20 so now have a spare, seriously thought about painting them up something different but couldn't decide so just went for body colour.