S3 remap......so who do I go with?

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well I almost pulled the trigger on the APR remap for my S3 today. However on flashing, it was found my ecu doesn't support the extra programs that APR offer and what imo made APR my preferred map. I may still go with them but I really wanted the option to map switch and anti-theft.
So the other options are
Revo & SPS
Shark & STS
Giac (do they offer a map switcher?)
I'm not sure on any others but I'm not interested in back street tuners
My car is a 59plate S-tronic with a full turbo back milltek but no other mods
I would be interested to hear peoples opinions especially if you use the sps, sts etc or have had the S-tronic map as well

I used AMD for both my remap and dsg software upgrade and have no complaints what so ever. They have done all the work on my car :)

Revo allows adjustable map settings, and anti-theft with the SPS switch. I have used Revo on my current S3 and previous S3 and never had any issues. You really want to go with a tuner that is near to you in case you do come across any issues.

On my first Leon tfsi I had Revo and loved it.
My second cupra tfsi I opted for Apr because of the map switching etc only to be told once flashed that switching wasn't available for my ecu, I lived with it but had 2 or 3 trips to their dealers some 200 miles a time for incorrect software being flashed and then again when selling my car to return to stock. Everyone says Apr uodates are free but it must depend on your dealer as I had to pay a labour charge for mine!
Then the £60 to flash to stock.
On my S3 no doubt in my mind Revo was the only option sps to alter my map I can use anti theft or return to.stock free.
I'm much happier with my Revo software and the cars performance now stage 2+ is nothing short of phenomenal.

I'm in the same boat! But from what I read Revo appears to be the way forward.

Now with Revo I assume the current software is glitch free? Read somewhere that previously the stage 1 map had a few glitches involving flat spots, hesitations etc.

Also is a clutch on a manual (done 45k miles) need upgrading to handle stage 1 Revo? - sorry to slightly hi jack the thread mate!

My S3 had 53k on when I had Revo stage 1 flashed. I ran fuel pump and intake without any clutch problems.
I upgraded my clutch before stage 2+ but only as I knew it was required at that stage.
both Revo stage 1 and 2+ have been glitch free and silky smooth.
I think all this Apr competition has done some good as the product is so much better and needs to be to secure future business.

Thanks for all the replies so far.
I am a big APR fan after having it on my 8P2 S3 (switcheable) and my old LCR, again switcheable so for that not to be available was a little gutting tbh.
I have heard the odd problems occurring with Revo in the past tbh, but to their credit they have always come good with them and so I dont see a problem going that route
Does the SPS offer proper map switching like APR ie 95ron, 98ron, valet etc. or is it just a straight forward on/off and anti theft.

Thanks for all the replies so far.
I am a big APR fan after having it on my 8P2 S3 (switcheable) and my old LCR, again switcheable so for that not to be available was a little gutting tbh.
I have heard the odd problems occurring with Revo in the past tbh, but to their credit they have always come good with them and so I dont see a problem going that route
Does the SPS offer proper map switching like APR ie 95ron, 98ron, valet etc. or is it just a straight forward on/off and anti theft.
The sps lets you adjust your fuel, timing, and boost settings.
This allowing you to adjust for different fuel options or time of year where outside temperature is really high etc

The fueling settings can be adjusted for the type of fuel you use from 0-9. There is document on the Revo site explaining all the settings in detail.
You can load 3 map + stock settings via SPS with changes to Boost, Fuel, and Timing.

All S3's use the same ECU so I don't see why not. What year is your car? ECU part number would be great (VCDS etc.) and then I could 100% confirm.

Rick
Its a 59 my10 S-tronic sportback ECU is: 8P0907115B
I have heard this before so I believe it to be correct
The sps lets you adjust your fuel, timing, and boost settings.
This allowing you to adjust for different fuel options or time of year where outside temperature is really high etc

The fueling settings can be adjusted for the type of fuel you use from 0-9. There is document on the Revo site explaining all the settings in detail.
You can load 3 map + stock settings via SPS with changes to Boost, Fuel, and Timing.
Is that with the SPS+ and is that still available as I heard it wasn't as people were tinkering with the settings too much!
Not quite as easy as APR but workable if you know what you are doing I suppose

No Shark or Giac users then?

Via SPS, you can still get them Revo. They haven't stopped them at all.

They do or did another one that allows you to set the fuelling timing etc and has more dials on it. That was the one I was referring to.
The SPS will do the job just fine by the looks of it

115B is a non S3 TFSI ECU, as used in 200bhp engine.

115AB, 115AP, 115H are typical S3 ECU's. Regardless, your ECU will be fine for map switching. Our implementation is completely different from APR's so their functionality has no bearing on ours. Security lockout uses a unique PIN that allows you to lock the car in a map which renders the accelerator pedal unresponsive.

Thanks, Rick

Yes sorry you are right

Address 01: Engine (CDL) Labels: 06F-907-115-CDL.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 907 115 AP HW: 8P0 907 115 B
Component: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0010
Revision: 5BH16--- Serial number: AUX7Z0I7FNO01O
Coding: 0103000C1C0F0060
Shop #: WSC 66565 257 00032
VCID: 80040052D30E1B1E1B7-80D5

No fault code found.
Readiness: 0000 0000

That's good Rick.
I spoke with APR direct today and they are working on the issue but it could be 6 months + or never until its resolved! However I may just go with them on the strength of it tbh.
If you could PM me some sort of a price though that would be good.
I have a turbo back milltek and sports cat with no other mods. However I understand a CAI is almost a must to complement the exhaust, so may invest in one in the near future.
I'd be looking at the map with options to switch back to standard and maybe variations for fuel. I'd also want the anti theft if possible.

Julian

I had SHARK with STS, gains equivalent to REVO I had previous but much cheaper.
The STS was dead easy to use too.

Reactions: batch
Yeah I checked out both Revo and Shark today. Revo was £620 with SPS and Shark was £550 with STS..... APR is £479.
I think they are all reputable and with similar gains, my gut feeling is to go APR again if I'm honest and wait for the update.......I'll probably change my mind by morning again though lol!:whistle2:

For me, Shark STS was *****. I ended up at the HQ and then I got what I wanted. BUT I have nothing but praise for the customer service and time on the rollers from them for free to get it right. Went away very happy but so annoyed as it was raining so heavily when I left. LOL

I did go with APR in the end
Stage 2 and very happy with the results
clear.png