S3 remap ready

FreddieS3

Reaction score
Got back the car today after 10 long days. Its incredible how much difference the remap made. Not so much on first and second gear but on higher gears and higher speeds its amazing how the little car catapults away!

Haven't tested as much as I wanted becasue of a snow blizzard, hopefully the weather gets better tomorrow.

Got 308 bhp and 395 in torque.

FreddieS3 said:
Got 310 bhp and 405 in torque.

Those figures are very impressive :cool: and if you have any dyno sheets feel free to post them :)

Did they remove the top speed limiter ?

aiculedtzu said:
Those figures are very impressive :cool: and if you have any dyno sheets feel free to post them :)

Did they remove the top speed limiter ?

Will have dyno sheets today or tomorrow. I will keep u posted!
Don't know if the did remove the top speed limiter, probably....

310 bhp Sweet!:respekt:

Something i'm seriously considering. What map did you get Bluefin?

Would be a nice drive over to Sweden...

Wonder if the ferry goes over from North Shields?

JamS3 said:
Would be a nice drive over to Sweden...

Wonder if the ferry goes over from North Shields?

Would be awsome!!

Gothenburg - New Castle is one option I know of. Probably more options to choose from. I think there are more ferries going from Oslo to England.

Where abouts did you get yours done in Sweden?

Would it be fairly near to where I would get off the ferry?

Can't believe I'm considering this....

You don't actually have to go here to remap your car. I needed to leave my car for 10 days because I was their guinea pig = free of charge for me.

Now if anyone with a S3 wants a remap the send u a PPC unit with the software. Just plug and play into your car. With the PPC u can also choose to get back to the original software whenever u want to. U also get a id/pass to their homepage where u can download latest software for your car when available.

http://www.bsrab.se/product_news/47/

But of course u can come here if u want to! Time your visit with the first of april, the premiere on our nearby track.

Driving directions from Stockton: :rockwoot:

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/Driving_directions#startLocid=215100cy10cNTIuMjQ2ODk_cLTIuNzA1MTE_&destLocid=214202w10cNTYuODc3MDE_cMTQuODA4NzU_&step1Locid=&step2Locid=&vh=CAR&distance=km&strVehicle=0&intItineraryType=1&devise=1.0|EUR&isAvoidFrontiers=false&isFavoriseAutoroute=false&isAvoidPeage=false&isAvoidVignette=false&isAvoidLNR=false&carTypeHidden=Citadine&caravaneHidden=false&typeCarbHidden=essence&autoConso=9.0&villeConso=8.0&routeConso=7.0&carbCost=1.3&dtmDeparture=22/02/2007

So you have got 30 BHP and 21 Nm. That's not bad at all for a stage 1 remap and i especially like the power curve over 5.000 rpm.
:icon_thumright:

I know I can get one here but was thinking it could be a good laugh driving over there!

Freddie seems to have got an extra 20bhp from this S3 just by getting a Dyno report without even doing the remap!

Maybe that's the real value for money option :)

I seem to remember that when a number of guys on Audi world (shudder) went to a tuning day with their 8L's that the lowest they had out of a supposedly standard 210BHP was 230ish, and that the 225's we pushing out 240+.

I don't think its that much of a surprise given how my 8L behaves if it is given a good thrashing composed to driving sedately...

...its also worth noting what fuel is being fed into the tank as Tesco super seems to have some sort of rocket power enchancing capabilities :blink: or maybe its just that its 99 octane, anyway that will add a few horses too... :happy:

I am also sure that Audi being from a land of petrol heads and greens would fib everso slightly for the greens and make sure it keeps quiet about true power output for us petrol heads... :laugh:

JamS3 said:
I know I can get one here but was thinking it could be a good laugh driving over there!

Of course u are welcome!

Skittler said:
Freddie seems to have got an extra 20bhp from this S3 just by getting a Dyno report without even doing the remap!

Amazing, isn't it?!? But not 20 bhp extra, 14 bhp. Don't know why but I always run my car on Shell V-Power 99 octan, maybe it have something to do with it.

Probably more likely the dyno is out mine was dynoed lot higher in one garage than in another

doesn't really matter, the gains are reliably checked if the dyno test is done in the same machine... Which might be wrong is the actually real output but the gains are accurately measured...

Pedro