S3. Remap power query

Allman45

Reaction score
Just had my S3 mapped and it made 340bhp, the only modifications are air filter DV and decat.
Has any one else has similar power on the standard fuel pump etc? I thought you would need an updated fuel pump to see over 310 but mine has made it on the stock pump and intercooler etc.

Could be the dyno lottery. What was it making before and where did you have it mapped , dynoed ?.

Karl.

Could be the dyno lottery. What was it making before and where did you have it mapped , dynoed ?.

Karl.

It already had a map on but I didn't know about it, it made 309 then they mapped it again to make use of the air filter and decat. It was in durham

mine made 352 hp with just forge twintake, dv+, decat, did the dyno run with other 10+ cars so i know numbers are ok, i guess results will vary from car to car...same mods dont give the same results if ur engine or some other component is on its way results will be down...just my opinion...

mine made 352 hp with just forge twintake, dv+, decat, did the dyno run with other 10+ cars so i know numbers are ok, i guess results will vary from car to car...same mods dont give the same results if ur engine or some other component is on its way results will be down...just my opinion...

That's a lot of power, are you going to upgrade the clutch and intercooler?

i got DSG box m8, so no need 4 upgraded cluch, intercooler will come after i go stage 2+ ...

i got DSG box m8, so no need 4 upgraded cluch, intercooler will come after i go stage 2+ ...

Ah nice. I've read somewhere that over 310 on an s3 isn't possible on the standard fuel pump. So I was worried that mine had been stretched too much and would be running lean. I take it that its all good then?

Sounds bout right for stage 2. As long as the car is mapped for the standard pump then you will be fine. The only difference in 2 and stage 2+ is the uprated pump, which the stage 2+ map takes advantage of. Feel free to correct me on any of that anybody!

What was the torque figure after the remap? These cars are more about the torque curve IMHO.

That's about 380 ft lbs which is more in the territory of stage 2+ and what I thought the fuel pump was needed for. I'm at stage 2 which makes 344bhp and 340 ft lbs @3550 rpm and looking to go to stage 2, are you sure you've not already got an uprated pump? Which map did you go for?

That's about 380 ft lbs which is more in the territory of stage 2+ and what I thought the fuel pump was needed for. I'm at stage 2 which makes 344bhp and 340 ft lbs @3550 rpm and looking to go to stage 2, are you sure you've not already got an uprated pump? Which map did you go for?

Definately just standard pump. It was a custom map done on the rollers

Call me cynical, but I just do not see a decat and an air filter giving 340bhp on a standard fuel pump. That's got to be the most optimistic dyno in the country :)

does seem good torque for that map. have you got a graph?

Call me cynical, but I just do not see a decat and an air filter giving 340bhp on a standard fuel pump. That's got to be the most optimistic dyno in the country :)

It seems a lot but that's what it made. It had a generic map on before the mods and made 309bhp

I'm not saying that its not got the power, but it all depends which dyno you use.

To be honest that's good for Stage 2+ never mind anything else!

Do you know what kind of dyno it was run on?

Rick

Haven't a clue mate. It was done at Durham remaps. Checkout their facebook page it has the graph on and it might even have that sort of info somewhere.

What is the difference in dynos mate?
Very big. Some are optimistic, some are pessimistic - all depends on how each is calibrated. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along to explain in note detail.

My car was done at ecotune in Glasgow.. Apr stage 1 just running Forge twintake and it made 345hp with 352 ft/lbs torque... Now i'd thought that it was optimistic and even started a thread on a local forum about the figures of their dyno. The response I got was that the figures from that company were spot on, some guys having compared with at least 2 or 3 dynos in the area, so I was starting to believe...

Even put it up against my mates standard Rs3 and my car was identical if not slightly quicker.. So the figures must be there or there abouts!

Again though as suggested, its a dyno lottery and should only use the figures as a general guideline... But its a new car from my old car with Shark stage 1 and they are like night and day!

My car was done at ecotune in Glasgow.. Apr stage 1 just running Forge twintake and it made 345hp with 352 ft/lbs torque... Now i'd thought that it was optimistic and even started a thread on a local forum about the figures of their dyno. The response I got was that the figures from that company were spot on, some guys having compared with at least 2 or 3 dynos in the area, so I was starting to believe...

Even put it up against my mates standard Rs3 and my car was identical if not slightly quicker.. So the figures must be there or there abouts!

Again though as suggested, its a dyno lottery and should only use the figures as a general guideline... But its a new car from my old car with Shark stage 1 and they are like night and day!

Are you running shark instead of Apr now?
How long did your clutch last?

Are you running shark instead of Apr now?
How long did your clutch last?

I'm running apr at the moment... The clutch is strong and has been spot on thus far... I'll be running this clutch til I kill it... I look after it tho, proper gears are only occasional launches once in a Blue moon... Depends how your driving style is.. Aggressive and you'll kill it quicker

I have a facelift car though. Which is supposed to have a stronger clutch over the preface luk

I'm running apr at the moment... The clutch is strong and has been spot on thus far... I'll be running this clutch til I kill it... I look after it tho, proper gears are only occasional launches once in a Blue moon... Depends how your driving style is.. Aggressive and you'll kill it quicker

I have a facelift car though. Which is supposed to have a stronger clutch over the preface luk

Mine felt like it was slipping in 4th before. Not sure if it's just in my mind but could sense some slippage. The needle is starting to stick aswell on the Rev dial.

Mine felt like it was slipping in 4th before. Not sure if it's just in my mind but could sense some slippage. The needle is starting to stick aswell on the Rev dial.

Rev dial is strange.. A lot of things with cars are placebo as you know its tuned and are looking for things to go wrong... 1 way to test the clutch however not the best way, is to get it on the motorway put it in 6th and plant the foot.. You should be able to see if theres any slippage quitr easily... I've seen some rev blips on cars running high fuel trims though, so might not always be the case..

Remove the dv+ and buy an uprated oem dv.. I found my car ran better without it

Rev dial is strange.. A lot of things with cars are placebo as you know its tuned and are looking for things to go wrong... 1 way to test the clutch however not the best way, is to get it on the motorway put it in 6th and plant the foot.. You should be able to see if theres any slippage quitr easily... I've seen some rev blips on cars running high fuel trims though, so might not always be the case..

Remove the dv+ and buy an uprated oem dv.. I found my car ran better without it

It has a new forge dv. It was just reacting really slow on the dial and was stuck on 2k revs before on tick over but the engine sounded normal

Sounds like a faulty dial in that sense... But slippage should be easily noticable and felt...

I only felt it a tiny bit in 4th

Generally it will be more noticable in 6th because the clutch is under more load... Quite possible however you could have noticed it in 4th... Usually it tends to be noticable in high gears then the worse the clutch gets it makes its way down the gears...

Generally it will be more noticable in 6th because the clutch is under more load... Quite possible however you could have noticed it in 4th... Usually it tends to be noticable in high gears then the worse the clutch gets it makes its way down the gears...

I will be taking it easy until I've got a spare £1k. Boost is cancelled this xmas

My Std clutch is knackered from 3rd gear onwards, and that's at Stage 1. Only thing is I don't know how many miles it had done before I remapped it. It's so frustrating because 3rd gear WOT was one of my favorite gears to be in.

My Std clutch is knackered from 3rd gear onwards, and that's at Stage 1. Only thing is I don't know how many miles it had done before I remapped it. It's so frustrating because 3rd gear WOT was one of my favorite gears to be in.

So does it just slip on full power? Mine is starting to do it in 4th

Peak torque is where it will slip,i.e.around 3500rpm up on a Stg2 etc remap...mine lasted to Stg2 then threw in the towel.

Reactions: Allman45
So does it just slip on full power? Mine is starting to do it in 4th
Yes at full boost it slips in 3 4 5 and 6. Partial boost its fine, just a pain sometimes on the motorway when overtaking. But wanted to wait until I got all the parts for ST2+ so I can fit it all at once. I was looking at the Spec 3+ but think it maybe a bit OTT until I go hybrid

Yes at full boost it slips in 3 4 5 and 6. Partial boost its fine, just a pain sometimes on the motorway when overtaking. But wanted to wait until I got all the parts for ST2+ so I can fit it all at once. I was looking at the Spec 3+ but think it maybe a bit OTT until I go hybrid

If you do intend to get either a hybrid or a big turbo,then it makes sense,in that you would need it in any case.

If you aren't sure,then you're still going to need something for now....

If you do intend to get either a hybrid or a big turbo,then it makes sense,in that you would need it in any case.

If you aren't sure,then you're still going to need something for now....
Yes very true....I guess the quoted price of £1700 supply and fit may of influenced my thinking lol

Yes very true....I guess the quoted price of £1700 supply and fit may of influenced my thinking lol

I know what you mean....

The price of the Spec may have gone up since I bought mine,but it has lasted well so far.

As for other parts,I tend to buy them in separate lots,send them to AMDTuning,and then look at the bills after....it means I've already done the deed before really seeing the costs...LOL