S3 rear bumper

Colly

Reaction score
I dont suppose anyone knows if any compaines do an aftermarket rear bumper insert with mesh or anything different?
thanks

The insert is easily removed so you could change that to what ever colour finish you fancy. Or even replace with some sort of mesh/ honeycomb grill if that floats ya boat.

thanks guys i just think the big plastic piece looks a bit lame. Has anyone on here done anything with it?

thanks guys i just think the big plastic piece looks a bit lame. Has anyone on here done anything with it?
I'v wrapped mine gloss black, others have either done the same or painted to freshen it up. Another option would be hydro graphics. Personal choice really dude but I think wrapping it is more versatile and can be easily changed if you fancy a new look. But that's me ;)
Would recommend matching up your front bumper insert and blades also to tie it all in

Thanks guys its gave me stuff to think about is there anywhere that does a sensible priced carbon vinyl as id probably want to do the door trims and front grille surround?

I'v wrapped mine gloss black, others have either done the same or painted to freshen it up. Another option would be hydro graphics. Personal choice really dude but I think wrapping it is more versatile and can be easily changed if you fancy a new look. But that's me ;)
Would recommend matching up your front bumper insert and blades also to tie it all in

thanks yeah i was hoping someone done an insert with the same mesh as the front lower one

...thanks yeah i was hoping someone done an insert with the same mesh as the front lower one

The bumper is solid behind this panel...

(borrowed pic from Andrew@A.L.D)
Image286.jpg

<tuffty/>

The bumper is solid behind this panel...

(borrowed pic from Andrew@A.L.D)
Image286.jpg

<tuffty/>
i wasnt really bothered about seeing through it you wouldnt really want to it was more just cause it would look better than a big piece of grey plastic

i wasnt really bothered about seeing through it you wouldnt really want to it was more just cause it would look better than a big piece of grey plastic

Considering yours is quite a noticeable colour I would think it would look worse than the grey panel as it would show through...

Maybe a colour change would suit it better as the grey may not be a complimentary colour to your car?

<tuffty/>

Considering yours is quite a noticeable colour I would think it would look worse than the grey panel as it would show through...

Maybe a colour change would suit it better as the grey may not be a complimentary colour to your car?

<tuffty/>
yeah true i would have put something behind it so you couldnt see through.. i think ill have a look for some carbon wrap

Has anyone got any pics of theirs wrapped.
Can anyone tell me where I can get carbon vinyl for reasonable money?

Does anyone know where you can get after market bumpers? Someone went into mine a week ago.

Yeah they are. Are all s3 rear bumpers the same? Got told that there are different ones. Mine is a 51 plate and i looked at a "W" reg one last week and it looked the same.