Facelift S3 rear bench seat

Shaun-84

Reaction score
Morning all

Does anyone happen to know if the rear bench seat in a sportback can be taken out?! Driving to croatia in June and would he ideal to put the suitcases there this saving space in the boot.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it just pops out. If you look at the rear camera install thread its discussed there. In summary you un clip the top part then the bottom bench you just need to give it a short hard thump from the front upwards on one side / corner and it will lift, just repeat then again for the middle and other end, with the same short hard upwards thump and it lifts straight out. Should take no more than a few mins to remove from start to finish

Jungle

On the below pic you can see where it is held in place at the front of the lower bench seat.

A2A1FAE1 0132 4042 B4B8 E472ED589F22

Last edited:
Reactions: AL_B and Audi Bairn
Yes it just pops out. If you look at the rear camera install thread its discussed there. In summary you un clip the top part then the bottom bench you just need to give it a short hard thump from the front upwards on one side / corner and it will lift, just repeat then again for the middle and other end, with the same short hard upwards thump and it lifts straight out. Should take no more than a few mins to remove from start to finish

Jungle

On the below pic you can see where it is held in place at the front of the lower bench seat.

View attachment 150325

Thanks mate, appreciate your quick response. I have tried to pull it up before to no avail. I will give this ago at weekend. Just don’t want to ruin/mark the bench seat with a suitcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jungle650