S3 Re-Mapped Problems Poll. Be Honest.

S3 Problems? Be Honest

• Standard Car - Never Missed a beat ( Std S3 )

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Standard Car - Had A Problem ( Engine Related )

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Remapped Car - Had A Problem ( Engine Related )

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Remapped Car - Never Missed a Beat ( Remapped )

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Other - Please specify in Post

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please select as below. Be Honest.

David

Cheers Dave - be good to get the full picture from all members :thumbsup:

Ye, I would never say don't get remapped. I am all for it, it's just WHY do some people have problems that's annoying.

David

Shame I can't tick two options, as my car showed a flatlining problem at higher revs as standard and this problem has been made slightly more evident since the GIAC remap. A recent dose of injector cleaner has certainly helped it, and I haven't actually had the ECU light on as yet.

TBH, as I don't redline the car, it isn't an issue, just a nagging concern that I will be asking Audi to look at. The car is certainly a lot more entertaining with the remap, and I haven't switched it back to standard using the flashloader yet, so it can hardly be a big problem ;) .

Phil

Good post, perfect with GIAC standard and hammer files..

Just noticed Regal is your preferred, they do a nice quad back with set back outers & sliced huh, look great online, is yours quad or twin Jonboy

I clicked "remapped other" due to having a slight problem with the exhaust solenoid. All fixed under warranty though. :thumbsup:

Never had problems, I have Milltek turboback, K&N panel, RSR chip @ 1.4 bar, 310HP and 446NM, everything works perfect. I couldn't get more power becuase of fuel pump

I have clicked had a problem but it was only that one misfire. And I only found that through VCDS.

Never had problems, I have Milltek turboback, K&N panel, RSR chip @ 1.4 bar, 310HP and 446NM, everything works perfect. I couldn't get more power becuase of fuel pump

Not true - many people on here have more than 310bhp with standard pump. Mine showed 342bhp on its most recent RR and my pump is standard.

I voted "remapped, had a problem" (Bluefin), but it was just the emission control light coming on momentarily each time I hit the rev limiter. Engine runs smoothly and has good power.

I voted "remapped, had a problem" (Bluefin), but it was just the emission control light coming on momentarily each time I hit the rev limiter. Engine runs smoothly and has good power.

Thats what i initially thought mine was, but it was an injector fault. you should not be getting the emissions light on even at the redline.

Had mine REVO'd for some time now and never had a problem. Mind you, things are changing this week 'cause I'm going Stage 2+ so fingers crossed it'll carry on that way.

Coming up to 13,000 miles with Giac hammer and no problems (touch wood)