s3 quarter mile times

sheardowns3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i took a trip over to york raceway with a group of friends yesterday to try my new S3 8P on the quarter mile strip. the best time i managed to get was 14.332 with a speed of 98.44 mph.

This is a 100% stock car, just wanted to share my time and compare with other peoples standard car times. I had a really hard time with trying to keep the boost on during the launch and it seemed to bog down when i changed into second a few times. I had the ESP off at all times.

Any tips for a good launch for next time? it is a manual car. Also i am looking to go stage 2+ some time in the near future, what difference will this make to my times? around the 13.5 mark maybe?

One of my friends who came with us has an 07 Focus ST3 with is tuned to 325bhp and 385lbft and he only managed a 14.19 with a speed of 102 mph. Another friend with a Mazda 3 MPS did a 14.43 with stage 1 modifications, but im aware that these have LSD's?

The kind way is to build the revs as you slip the clutch out but it won't be terribly quick and unless you keep your foot in the throttle it will bog.

The other way is to hold around 4000rpm(or peak torque) and drop the clutch.

This is the quicker way with a 4WD but also the easiest way to fry the clutch or break the transmission.

I don't do drag runs.

Reactions: LVS Racing
Done a 12.6 @113mph in mine a few weeks ago (APR 2+, 345hp) but that's with DSG so is pretty much cheating! That's without the DSG map so could probably gain a bit there. Was a few S3's there that day, fastest I seen was around a 12.1!

Last edited:
I think low 13's are possible with a stage 1 with decent skills, stage 2+ i would have thought mid 12's were possible.

Do APR or anyone else do a launch control map for a manual car for this sort of thing?

I know you could use a WOT box but then you would have to be looking at a decat which doesn't interest me much