S3 pre facelift projector upgrade.

Eren S3

Pretending to know what I'm doing.
Reaction score
Evening all

Time has come to upgrade the projectors on the S3. I recently upgraded the bulbs to some nice 6000k ones from EM Tuning and they're much better than the original ones that were slowly dying. Decided it wasn't enough though so I'm considering upgrading the projectors themselves to do the bulbs justice.

I've done a few projector retrofits in the past, both complete conversions from halogen to projector and quick swap kits - I have a couple of questions as this will be my first Audi.

• I've been sent this link from retrofit lab - I've used them before for projector kits and their stuff is very good quality. It states it's for an A3, I am wondering if anyone will know if the mounting points for the projector inside the headlight are the same for the S3 as I know the A3 did have a HID option.
https://www.retrofitlab.com/en/audi-a3-8p-2003-2008-bi-xenon-e46-r-d1s-xenon-headlights.html
  • Are the A3 HID headlights mountable in the S3? Is the loom the same? I only ask as if I decide to buy spare headlights will they be of any use in my car? Spares aren't necessary, it was just if I decided to do it at a slower rate rather than having to remove my original lights from the car.
Think that's all the questions for now.
Thanks in advance.