S3 Pre Face-lift vs Face-lift opinion

Ah air vents ..ok but l have always thought the cheap chrome plastic looks like a toy gun from old ...hence l got the red painted vents...in the design pack
Configurator showed red vents when I ordered and no option. I was pleased when my FL turned up from the factory with black and chrome PFL vents.
Shame about the tacky silver Quattro badge on the dash.

Last edited:
Seriously though, the FL air vent dials feel very cheap compared to PFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Not noticed if they are...besides they all look cheap tat...with the toy gun chrome ...

Reactions: MikeParkin and T-800
Haldex system on the face lift car is far more aggressive than in the pfl though ...car always pushes away never pulls....rear tyres on the face lift car

True, but I only feel the difference in setting the FL haldex to dynamic mode in individual settings. I have no experience with the PFL haldex, and it did not have this option in individual settings. The FL in the setting I previously mentioned also reduces understeer with power applied in a corner

True, but I only feel the difference in setting the FL haldex to dynamic mode in individual settings. I have no experience with the PFL haldex, and it did not have this option in individual settings. The FL in the setting I previously mentioned also reduces understeer with power applied in a corner
Its been set to aggressive since day one on my car

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and MikeParkin
The steering wheel in the PFL is much better than the FL, the watering down of the S3 decals in the FL imo was unacceptable.

Reactions: MikeParkin