S3 possible haldex issue - slight spin

Dannymoto

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m after some advice on a possible haldex issue, I have a 2015 Audi S3 remapped to 370bhp with TCU tune. Few months ago I had the dsg oil changed and since then the haldex hasn’t been working properly (coincidence?) the front wheels spin slightly in 1st/2nd at the top end of the rpm and also when launching it has slight spin. I cleaned the haldex filter, changed oil and carried out basic settings on vcds and the problem still remained (no fault codes). I fitted a new pump last week + basic settings and problem still remains. I’ve done transfer box test (prop shaft spins when front wheels are off ground and rear are on the floor). Tyres are PS4S with 4-5mm tread, also tried with semi slicks in the dry and still the same. I think it could maybe be the haldex clutch packs, is there any way to test this? Or possible software update? I think I have Revision H controller and 7083 software version, any advice would be great thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can measure/log wheel and axle rotation deltas with your VCDS. Also clutch pack temperature and degree of blockage ( the limit by the controller) and bunch of other interesting things. Maybe someome with a similar but trouble free tune can provide you with their values for reference. I have base vlues for my MY15 S3 but the car is not tuned and the data would be of no use to you.

Reactions: Dannymoto