S3 Pics - CH 18" & AP Racing BBK.

Spin140

Reaction score
Finally managed to get a few pics taken at the weekend, I couldn't resist having the CH fitted even though they are for sale, in the pics the car has 10mm spacers at the front and 12mm at the rear.

SDC10583.jpg

SDC10585.jpg

SDC10582.jpg

SDC10587.jpg

The recommended list price for the AP Racing 6-pot set up = £1,973.48 + vat.
Part # CP5575M1011Bk.CG12
Kit involves: -
Caliper 6-pot type.
Disc Ø355x32mm, with 48off internal curved cooling vanes handing them LH & RH, 8off grooves per brake face. The discs are mounted to alloy bell centres using the AP Racing strap drive floating mechanism.
Alloy caliper mount brackets.
Hose adaptors.
APF404 fast road & track pads,
Brake fluid Dot 5.1.
All bolt fixings.

Last edited:
Sorry, but those wheels look horrible............................

Think you should give them to me to get rid of them.................
:lmfao:

Brakes are awesome mate!...........So what wheels are you going to be putting on then instead of these?

I have a set of 19" Graphite CK being refurbed, the difference in design and offset gives just enough clearance to run without spacers, I personally prefer the CH as the glossy silver looks good against a black car.

The brakes offer immense stopping power and are much better looking than I expected, zero noise or squeal with a very OEM pedal feel until you call for the extra stopping power and they are unreal, the car goes back into AP in a couple of weeks for the patented carriers to be fitted then will go on general sale.
New wheels will be on next weekend.

:hubbahubba: brakes are sex! why you going 19 spin?? i know as you said the ck give more clearance but is that only in 19?? i need these brakes asap....

:hubbahubba: brakes are sex! why you going 19 spin?? i know as you said the ck give more clearance but is that only in 19?? i need these brakes asap....

18" CK would give the same amount of clearance as the 19", the only reason I went for the 19's I have bought was because I bought a set second hand of a member on here (Thanks PNH80) that came with 2 excellent tyres so it was cost effective, I still have a preference for 18" so who knows I may sell the 19" Anthracite at a later date.

18" CK would give the same amount of clearance as the 19", the only reason I went for the 19's I have bought was because I bought a set second hand of a member on here (Thanks PNH80) that came with 2 excellent tyres so it was cost effective, I still have a preference for 18" so who knows I may sell the 19" Anthracite at a later date.

Well if you do get rid of them..I've got first dabs!!

Iv got first dabs on them as i might sell my 19"ch yet .lol ant that right spin ?

Finally managed to get a few pics taken at the weekend, I couldn't resist having the CH fitted even though they are for sale, in the pics the car has 10mm spacers at the front and 12mm at the rear.
Am I right then that you need +45 offset (minimum) rims to run this brake kit minus the spacers Spin?
Or are your spacers purely for aesthetic purposes?

Am I right then that you need +45 offset (minimum) rims to run this brake kit minus the spacers Spin?
Or are your spacers purely for aesthetic purposes?

That's correct ET45 will offer the correct clearance but you may have issues with rims with a deep dish so best avoided or you are back to using spacers.

The brakes are amazing, the most impressive thing for me is the lack of noise as many of the performance pads can be squeaky and grooves noisy, not so with this AP set up.

Boys stop squabbling over the wheels, if I do sell the CK's it's easy - highest bidder wins !!! :)

That's correct ET45 will offer the correct clearance but you may have issues with rims with a deep dish so best avoided or you are back to using spacers.

They look GREAT Spin! Thanks again for the info.

THese brakes are now for sale due to me buying an RS4, PM me if interested they represent a bargain, you will pay what I paid after my development discount.

Cheers

Where's the pics of your RS4 :laugh: :)

Are the brakes £2k better than the S3's thought.

I've never done any track days or anything, but I've not heard anyone complain about the standard brakes on the S3, no mention of fade or overcooking.

I'm not knockng those who buy them, I just couldnt spend £2k on them personally

The standard S3 brakes are fine as is the standard power output but alot us (probably nuts) see fit to improve the car and make it the best it can be, the S3 brakes are ok for road use and 261 bhp but move up to stage 2+ or do occasional track days and put simply they are not good enough.

You are one of the few folk on here that has left his S3 standard, to you it makes perfect sense, to me its a crime to drive the car in its oem state, we all have our own opinions which is why it gets so heated on here from time to time :)

They may be £2,300 to buy when released mid may but mine are being offered for what I paid so a 30% discount, I think they are worth more and are the best braking solution money can buy, not a sales pitch my honest opinion, if it were a sales pitch I'd be asking for more, it took nearly 12 months of waiting and negotiation to get the kit on the car, AP are the dogs danglys, no additional noise just immense braking power that has to be felt to be believed, I think they look pretty good too :)

Well said Spin

:thumbsup:

Dont knock it till ya tried it !

Gaz

The standard S3 brakes are fine as is the standard power output but alot us (probably nuts) see fit to improve the car and make it the best it can be, the S3 brakes are ok for road use and 261 bhp but move up to stage 2+ or do occasional track days and put simply they are not good enough.

Really? - Ok I stand corrected, I've never read anyone complain about them thats all.

You are one of the few folk on here that has left his S3 standard, to you it makes perfect sense, to me its a crime to drive the car in its oem state,

Hahaha - your kidding right - "makes perfect sense to leave it standard "- its killing me - just the ****** house build getting finished is sapping all my spare ££'s

The mods have started and will only continue.

we all have our own opinions which is why it gets so heated on here from time to time :)

Certainly not knocking your opinion and for those who cant take others opinions as just that then they shouldnt be allowed to type on a keyboard :laugh:

They may be £2,300 to buy when released mid may but mine are being offered for what I paid so a 30% discount, I think they are worth more and are the best braking solution money can buy, not a sales pitch my honest opinion, if it were a sales pitch I'd be asking for more, it took nearly 12 months of waiting and negotiation to get the kit on the car, AP are the dogs danglys, no additional noise just immense braking power that has to be felt to be believed, I think they look pretty good too :)

I changed the brakes on my previous S3 (8L shape) to Brembos as the standard ones were crap. I just never thought they were a weak link (albeit for my measly 265 bhp :laugh: )

I do agree they look good - they should for £2k :faint: :)

How come you've decided to change and go RS4?

How come you've decided to change and go RS4?

Because it's an RS4! ..Damn I love that car.

I just took for granted that the RS4 was something other people owned with far more money at their disposal than us normal people but at 3 years old it's pretty much a swap for my nearly new S3 and is a very special car to own even if it may be for a short time, I plan to enjoy it whilst I have it, I would never get the opportunity to own a £50+ grand car new and thanks to the legendary Audi build quality driving one at 3 years old is no hardship, everything just feels so right, it's a proper, serious super car in an M&S suit.

Residuals are predicted as being excellent and Dealers can't get enough of them, my monthly payments on a PCP are going to be a little less than on the S3 so I just thought hell why not !?!

The money raised from selling all my hardware can go to the maternity fund (Baby N0.2 due July 1st)and I will still have a fast car to drive around in with no mods required, for such a reckless decision with current fuel prices and taking the age of the car into consideration it actually seems quite practical to do this now.

I admit that I washed the S3 today and looked at it and thought just how much I loved the car and how perfect it is for my requirements but you only get one life, I could always get another S3 not sure I could say the same about an RS4 or equivalent.

Saying goodbye to my perfect spec S3 will be made easier though by putting everything back to standard, its a good car standard, a great car modded. :)

I just took for granted that the RS4 was something other people owned with far more money at their disposal than us normal people but at 3 years old it's pretty much a swap for my nearly new S3 and is a very special car to own even if it may be for a short time, I plan to enjoy it whilst I have it, I would never get the opportunity to own a £50+ grand car new and thanks to the legendary Audi build quality driving one at 3 years old is no hardship, everything just feels so right, it's a proper, serious super car in an M&S suit.

Residuals are predicted as being excellent and Dealers can't get enough of them, my monthly payments on a PCP are going to be a little less than on the S3 so I just thought hell why not !?!

The money raised from selling all my hardware can go to the maternity fund (Baby N0.2 due July 1st)and I will still have a fast car to drive around in with no mods required, for such a reckless decision with current fuel prices and taking the age of the car into consideration it actually seems quite practical to do this now.

I admit that I washed the S3 today and looked at it and thought just how much I loved the car and how perfect it is for my requirements but you only get one life, I could always get another S3 not sure I could say the same about an RS4 or equivalent.

Saying goodbye to my perfect spec S3 will be made easier though by putting everything back to standard, its a good car standard, a great car modded. :)

Nice one mate; you only live once. Been looking through the Audi used car site tonight, and could be very tempted by a grey avant with buckets, tints, nav and bluetooth. I must go and drive one.

Really fancy going to see this: LINK

Last edited:
I cant fault that mate - I'd have one if the circumstances were right and from what you've said above sounds spot on.

Everytime I see an RS4 I want one - just love the fatness :) - to go into a dealership and come out with a nearly new RS4 with change from your S3 - especially if you wanted one - well you'd be daft not to.

Enjoy the new purchase mate.

Warren that's gorgeous, in fact very similar to the one I have bought !

When I look at the pics it looks like a fairly large car but when you drive it it feels no bigger then the S3 but far more sorted, not a harsh ride by any means but you know it's up for some fun. The engine is very responsive, not as punchy initially as our Stage 2 + cars but the whole experience is far more rewarding, I detected zero understeer doing a circuit around a large traffic island, the car just dug in and stayed planted, things feel less frantic but just as fast, go and try one, I tend to e-mail the dealers a week or so in advance sending them all my details so they don't percieve you as a tyre kicker rather than a genuine prospect, always tell them you are trying a model from the competition on the same day then you have an excuse to leave without enduring sales patter.

You have nothing to lose , if you don't like the RS4 experience at least it will stop you thinking "What if...." and "..I wonder..."

Alternatively Warren you are welcome to try mine when it arrives with no sales pitch and no offence if you think it's pants :)

Warren that's gorgeous, in fact very similar to the one I have bought !

Alternatively Warren you are welcome to try mine when it arrives with no sales pitch and no offence if you think it's pants :)

You're a gentleman :icon_thumright:

When I get up to see Ben if you're about I will try and drop by and see it if you're in. The missus is half sold on the idea as we saw a mint one today (was an 09 March car with 7k miles on it, but they wanted £45k!!). She said she had wanted me to get an A5 3.0TDi Quattro Sport Coupe and get Revo code on it given the current fuel costs (she borrows the car quite a bit and seems to want a lazy @rsed cruiser rather than a drivers car). Problem is I honestly don't think this is a car that will reward me on any level beyond a commute if the S5 is a fair benchmark to compare against.

Clea

You're a gentleman :icon_thumright:

When I get up to see Ben if you're about I will try and drop by and see it if you're in. The missus is half sold on the idea as we saw a mint one today (was an 09 March car with 7k miles on it, but they wanted £45k!!). She said she had wanted me to get an A5 3.0TDi Quattro Sport Coupe and get Revo code on it given the current fuel costs (she borrows the car quite a bit and seems to want a lazy @rsed cruiser rather than a drivers car). Problem is I honestly don't think this is a car that will reward me on any level beyond a commute if the S5 is a fair benchmark to compare against.

Clea

Don't ever listen to women Warren.

Don't ever listen to women Warren.

Is the right answer N8! Therefore I've just left a message for the sales person at Canterbury to call me back about that grey RS4.

I'm a touch undecided as we have no kids/close family as to whether to go for an RS4 as it seems enormous. I love them, and despite my dislike of Audi dealers I still love the cars.

For the same money I'm torn between the RS4 and a 911 Carrera 4S which is on the Porsche UK site (both circa £35k):

WP0ZZZ99Z5S600157_1.jpg

I'm not thread jacking. But I went out in a RS4 cab a few weeks back. Avus Silver, buckets, 57 plate, full loaded, beautiful, lovely looking car, felt solid as a rock and handling and composure was sublime. But I was REALLY REALLY disappointed with the performance, I wasn't "taken" over by the sound and it just felt underpowered, I dunno if it was his sh1t driving, but a stage 2 + s3 would destroy it I think. Maybe I need to drive Martins.

The 996 just looks too dated for me as well, although when I drove the cayman, Porsches really are the next step from audi, the chassis, handling, was unreal, just wasn't quick enough, its why I get put off asiprated as you have to donate organs to get decent power i.e. charger

Have to agree the RS4 I think should be more bang for your buck & that Porsche does look dated Warren, sorry mate, I prefer your S3 if I'm honest & thats not badge snobbery or cause I own an 8P.

I'm not thread jacking. But I went out in a RS4 cab a few weeks back. Avus Silver, buckets, 57 plate, full loaded, beautiful, lovely looking car, felt solid as a rock and handling and composure was sublime. But I was REALLY REALLY disappointed with the performance, I wasn't "taken" over by the sound and it just felt underpowered, I dunno if it was his sh1t driving, but a stage 2 + s3 would destroy it I think. Maybe I need to drive Martins.

The 996 just looks too dated for me as well, although when I drove the cayman, Porsches really are the next step from audi, the chassis, handling, was unreal, just wasn't quick enough, its why I get put off asiprated as you have to donate organs to get decent power i.e. charger

Have to agree the RS4 I think should be more bang for your buck & that Porsche does look dated Warren, sorry mate, I prefer your S3 if I'm honest & thats not badge snobbery or cause I own an 8P.

Know what you mean on the Porsche front, they are looking old on the 996, but I have always fancied one as they are amazing drivers car. The S3 feels faster, but less involving. All the 997's at Porsche main dealers (only place I would buy one) are £45k+ and I don't want to spend more than £35k as I'm a tight wad! Cayman S felt equally slow, but a monumentally good drive, so as this was high on the list in my last thoughts of changing, it really needs to be reconsidered (with a Chrono Pack, Nav and 19's).

RS4's are amazing, but one of the few cars I've never driven, so can't wait to try it tomorrow. Long journey of 2.5hrs each way to try it out :sadlike:. Not looking forward to deconstructing the S3 to make it standard if we choose this route. Such a ruination of a great car. May have someone who will buy it as is, so will call them today.

About time Spin got some photos up of his for us.

Fair play mate, I do love the RS4 stance overall, looks sublime in Avant form anyway, but I owned an S4 Avant B6 which was similar to a degree, of course power differences, but NA engine, it was a stunning car as it wasnt bought for blasting everywhere, but it really disappaointed me power wise when I needed a blast as such, but was lovely to drive overall, pity the fuel gauge dropped quicker than a mexican whores knickers.

Last edited: