S3 pedal box , DTUK or RaceChip

Stevelolly

Reaction score
Looking at getting a pedal box for my 2015 S3 and looking at the 2 in title . I'm leaning towards DTUK but wondered if anyone had any real world experience of either , any pluses or negatives . Really enjoying this car but only thing I've found is it don't exactly feel spritely unless you really press the throttle down , I'd just like it to be a bit more responsive and feel like it's got 300bhp without feeling like a hooligan and seems that a pedal box is the way to go .
Thanks

I’m not saying this is like a pedal box but it made me feel more connected to the car because the throttle is way more predictable and it’s me that controls the amount of throttle and not the car.

Just something you could try if you have VCDS/OBDeleven.

upload_2018-7-10_8-13-59-png.160031

https://www.audis3.org/threads/throttle-response-behavior-coding-tweak-for-less-lag-vcds-coding.657/

Unfortunately I don't have VCDS / OBD11 . Am I right in thinking that's a compatible cable and a scanner/ reader ?

Unfortunately I don't have VCDS / OBD11 . Am I right in thinking that's a compatible cable and a scanner/ reader ?
You can buy a carista for £15 or so off Amazon and use that to change it too

Reactions: Lehn
Where is the option on carista? I have it but never seen anything about throttle response.

I had the DTUK and the pedal box in 2015 and it was great for a plug and play, the only reason I got rid was that the clutch was slipping and just went straight to Revo stage 2.

I’m not saying this is like a pedal box but it made me feel more connected to the car because the throttle is way more predictable and it’s me that controls the amount of throttle and not the car.

Just something you could try if you have VCDS/OBDeleven.

upload_2018-7-10_8-13-59-png.160031

https://www.audis3.org/threads/throttle-response-behavior-coding-tweak-for-less-lag-vcds-coding.657/

I did this change to my A3, and I like it. I makes the car feel different, and you can really control the throttle unlike the previous setting.

Reactions: Lehn
Now I also have a H&P Motortuning Powerbox in my car. Changes the car completely with this throttle response change.
It is now 186hp and 310Nm of torque.
Happy days. Hopefully the spring comes eventually.