S3 OWNERS!!whats your average mpg?

S4 Omz

top gear
Reaction score
just wondering what everyones average mpg is realy.(S3 8P)

i strugle go get 24mpg. its more like 22mpg. town driving. 17mpg and even less when driving hard.

mods are cat back milltek. carbonio. forge valve. not mapped yet. hoping it improves a little.

thanks

omar

Over 17k miles I averaged 27.8 as I never reset the DIS.

The best I ever saw on a 30 mile motorway journey was 35mpg!!!

And no I don't drive like a saint!

I did find sometimes leaving it in 5th gear on motorway journeys gave me better economy.

Average since new is just over 26mpg - that's over 14k miles driving.
Best is about 32mpg on a motorway.
I live in London, so it's the short trips that kill my average.

Here are two extremes for you:

Did a track day at Oulton Park last week - averaged 9mpg
Was early for a meeting last week so did 60mph for 25 miles on the motorway - averaged 38mpg

Overall average for me about 24

according to the DIS, the average over the 6500 miles I have owned the car is 22.9mpg

Had my S3 11 months and completed 36,997 Miles over 794 hours!!
Revo remap after 1000 miles, Fuel used - Vpower.

Most of the mileage is motorway and DIS 2 tells me and ave MPG of 27.2

on mototrway i can average 33mpg when cruising but as i live in london the avegrage drops to 26ish mpg. btw mine is 8l s3

about 22, but it depends. I managed to get 430 miles out of a tank a few weeks ago, but the tank after that I got 180!!

I was really considering getting an S3, not too sure now...lol

I really need something fast and fun, I'll need to have a good think about this one as I'm going to get hit hard coming from a 50mpg diesel.

Taking it Easy
Motorway at 75 with cruise on i get 35mpg
Round the houses 28-34mpg
A & B Roads 30-37mpg

Spirited Driving
Motorway no cruise 26mpg
A & B roads 22-25mpg

Overall DIS since May is 28.1mpg & i managed 450 miles from a tank on a run last week

HTH

Si

i get 32 ave now its run in.. Got 25-28 in the first 1500 miles.
My 3 day per week commute is 80 miles each way mostly motorway sat at 80mph on cruise...

about 22, but it depends. I managed to get 430 miles out of a tank a few weeks ago, but the tank after that I got 180!!

iv neva managed to get over 250 miles from a full tank. dont know where im going wrong.

omar:drag:

Mines between 26-27 when i check it every once in a blue moon.

Although i dont really care for MPG, i just fill it up when she gets low :)

Mine 25.9mpg, wife uses it mostly during the week, round town etc, when I use it I give it a good hammering. Never got above 300 miles on a tank, but Ive always been a heavy fuel user - I can't believe people are getting pver 400, must drive like Miss Daisy!!!!

I've done 1200 miles in the three weeks since picking mine up.

The first two times that I have filled up (with V-Power), the DIS has said 34.3 & 35.5mpg with the true, calculated figures being about 0.5mpg lower. (Third fill up tomorrow)

My journeys are mainly on dual carraigeways at 70-80mph but there have been a couple of short cross-country strops in there.

I'm chuffed to bits with this - my 147GTA struggled to make 27mpg in the same conditions (also on V-Power) - I'm saving a fortune!!!!! :yahoo:

This is all good news to me, I pick up the S3 on Saturday, comin from a stg 2 re-mapped Golf Edition 30, I did wonder what the difference in fuel economy would be but lookin at these figures there nowt in it:yahoo:

I dont check.
Sort of a `head in sand` strategy.
What I dont know cant hurt.

Works really well.

girlfriend gets about 32-35mpg to & from work, driving in town i get 26ish.
full on laps of the nurburgring i get 15/16 mpg.:wacko:

girlfriend gets about 32-35mpg to & from work, driving in town i get 26ish.
full on laps of the nurburgring i get 15/16 mpg.:wacko:

Pah, my combined is around 26.. I'd never get that around town, more 19-22.

ive got to say though, this engine does get more economical with age.

I saw a steady 35-36 on the motorway, not booting, not holding off. I never saw that in the first few thousand, best i could have hoped for then was around 32..

Mines around 25 ish with the revo map switched on.

mines a totally stock car, 4500 miles, over a tank i get 32/33mpg...i have a short 13 mile drive to work and i don't drive like a saint. Since it rolled over 4k i've noticed the car really come alive.

Jesus they areally aren't good on the gas are they!!!! On the plus side I feel slightly better about my efforts to ruin the ozone layer.

J.

Mine was 22.7mpg when I Px'd it, not a particularly efficient car fuel wise but cant say I was bothered.

The remapped TT averaged 29.7 even though it had 252 bhp and must have wasted a fair amount of fuel on wheel spin.

I would trun the DIS to read MPH rather than mpg and just enjoy the car for waht it was intended.

Spin

I would trun the DIS to read MPH rather than mpg and just enjoy the car for what it was intended.

Spin

Hear hear Spin ! Well said. Petrol isn't all that expensive anyway - not compared to things like booze, fags, electricity, public transport, mobile phone calls etc ......

That's incredibly good mpg at the Nurburgring - you putting diesel in or something ?
:uhm:

that was with 1500miles on the clock & 4 up! back there again next month, i`ll see if i can improve on 15/16mpg. (must try harder):wacko:

Agree in principal, but when you're spending around £6-700 per month on petrol, it's flaming expensive! A drop of 10p/litre would save me over £50 a month, which I could do with.

Is that a typo or did you really mean £700 ?!?! :wtf:
That is some mileage - not running it as a taxi are you ?

How many miles has that done lee? looked mint!!!

Around town get about 13-17mpg and that is pretty stop start with a good few boot fulls in between the stops.

Motorway have seen 35mpg but that was 1 journey and it was sloooooowwwwww..
usually around 26-28mpg which is pretty decent IMO :)

Average about 280 miles to a tank.. which was the same as my LCR and Scooby before hand. Weird.. :unsure: .

-Sal-

On my way to see the girlfriend last sunday. Set off 7am and in no particular rush. Set cruise at 60mph, 45 motorway miles and ave 38mpg! Not bad, but curiosity got the better of me so I slowed to 55mph and proceeded...DIS read 40.6 ave!! Absolutely crackers!! Thats nearing diesel territory.

Anyway, that info is practically useless cos I fail to believe any of us own an S3 for fuel econonmy and drive it with a protective right foot!

In real terms...ave 32mpg on motorway driving (70-80mph) and 26mpg around town. Think that is pretty much what we're all getting bar a few exceptions.
I get approx 300miles each tank (mixture of sensible motorway and town driving)

I filled up my demo S3 last night and after 200km of driving it like a demonstrator should be driven I've got 28mpg out of it.

I'm sure if I drove the way I normally drive I'd get it up to about 30-32. Although I took one of the lads at work out for a quick spin at lunchtime and got 9mpg out of it on the trip round the block!