S3 Owners! What car are you getting next?

Another S3 but sport back

I think I am going to go for an 8v S3 in Jan. Just need to take my Stage 2+ back to standard so parts should be available soon. Audi still will not confirm dates or anything for the RS3 which is annoying. I really hope I don't regret it.

I took one out forbzeeee a couple of weeks ago! Wasn't impressed at all! The difference between my 2007 s3 stage 1 at the time was way more aggressive and felt so much more powerful!
Only bit i preferred was the handling

Compkiller, I do know what you mean.... The handling is definitely much better, I felt that I could throw it into corners more!! With regards to the power, I wasn't overly impressed when I was driving it, but the power delivery is much smoother than our S1 and S2+ remapped cars and the figures show that it's a goer. How you enjoying stage 2+?

Power is great! It's still as eager as before with stage 1 but as said and quoted, the mid range just pulls and pulls!
I have a problem with what I thought was my suspension but now I think it maybe my drop links!? I've got a mate having a look tomorrow hopefully! An awful knocking noise going over small bumps!

how much is 8v s3 in UK? over here with few extras is 65000 euros. i think that's silly money for s3...

how much is 8v s3 in UK? over here with few extras is 65000 euros. i think that's silly money for s3...
Brand new with minimal options you're looking at £33-35k. 65k euros is excessive but it is still a car that is a great all rounder and I don't think much compares to it in terms of practicality, fuel economy and performance.

My S3 is currently up for sale :) and if I get the right price for it I'm off to buy a GTR

Reactions: RedDejavu
Currently driving MY2011 s3 8p with full Milltek & stage 2 map.. great to drive but for what it is, I do feel like I am driving a car that is older than it is if that makes sense.. don't like the s3 8v so I have ordered a Golf 7R 3door in Oryx white, the plan is to keep it for 4 years, then go for the R8.

Reactions: Forbzeeee and RedDejavu
I agree.. If you compare interior aswell, I think the new s3 compared to the R is so far behind. Don't like the whole, navigation screen popping up from the dash.. looks strange.

I'm having thoughts of a Discovery 4.
I find the S3 is constantly pushing me to drive faster than what I should. I always seem to be at the back of traffic which encourages me to overtake.
The car is plenty fast enough and a great all rounder.

My pace needs to be slowed down, i think a wafty 4x4 might be the answer.

Reactions: RedDejavu
The S3 has gone :(

But this is my new set of wheels after the S3.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: MattS5
I think he cheapest properly fast car you can buy at the moment is a e60 m5 I swaped my s3 for one it was a stupidly fast in comparison to a stage 2 s3 it's about the same low down but get it into the 80mph + range and its an animal

Reactions: Compkiler
I'm thinking exactly the same Sid, pm me please you thoughts as I'm seriously considering it.

Be great to hear your thoughts on moving from fast hatch to luxury 4x4

Being totally honest it's not actually that bad haha. It's a 2.7 derv and fair play in sport mode it goes pretty well. It's got everything you could ever think of inside and to drive it's like being sat at home lol. I do find it has slowed my driving style down a lot and I'm crawling around at the speed limits. It's only been a week so at the moment Im enjoying it. Being Auto it has changed my mind on DSG tho if I was to go back to as it's so easy to drive.

22" wheels tomorrow so will post you a pic :)

dont have the s3 have an a3 tdi quattro so hadling after mapping is fine ,but seriously i hate it , its like the devil himself once owned it . my next car is an a5 4 door ,since i have young kids , think it looks so much more aggressive looking .

Hi Guys a quick update on moving from my S3 to the Range. Being totaly honest i think it was a mistake as the build quality is no where near as good as the Audi. So far in 3 weeks i have spent a good few £££ already.

First i was geting 22" wheels drove 2.5hrs to collect them and found they dont fit as i have the HSE model with Brembo brake set up so that was a waste of 6hrs of my life and £50 in juice.

Then while trying to fit a wheel i noticed the inside tread on one the tyres was worn so that had to be resolved when i got home.
Rang a few tyre companys and the cheapes i could find (might be me being fussy as all the tyres are matching Pirelli Pzero's) so a matching tyre set me back £265.

The following week my GF tried geting in to the car and the door would not unlock, checked it a few times and it would not unlock electronicaly. Checked on RRS forum and how funny its a common fault be ready to buy another 3 haha. so another £180 paid out.
Then the battery decided to give up (was an 8year old battery that cam with the car from new) so a new battery was fitted and for some stupid reason now the air suspension needs to be re-calibrated as i get a fault standard ride hight only another £150.

Its not even that i bought a nail as i looked everywhere for a nice one, only 2 owners from new, Full Guy salmon Landrover service history right up to date. i have checked a few bits on the RRS forum and it all seems to be common faults, with plenty more to come when reading the forum.

So my advise unless you got money to burn dont do it haha.

But it does look ****** good and it does drive and feel amazing especialy with all the toys and gadgets in there. :)

Any way enough of that Autotrader search coming up PX RS3 i think if it carrys on.

As I live up a nice steep hill and I am a pussy, I will be sticking with my S3 for a long time now. I've always looked at the bigger Audi's and dreamt of any RS version, alas that will never happen now. Enjoy all your new cars folks! :)

Reactions: S.
To be fair charlie23, 2 of the faults aren't really build quality issue.
Battery lasting 8 years isn't too bad.
Tyre wearing badly is probably just poor alignment.

In regards the door locks, yep, that's a grind, but any older car is always likely to throw up a few issues.

I was looking at the RRS and was told to avoid the 2.7 tdv6 and the 3.6 tdv8 and go for the newer face lifted tdv6 3.0 model as it was much better.
They're just a bit too rich for me, so I'm looking at the Discovery 4 3.0 tdv6 which is a massive improvement over the old Discovery 3 which had the 2.7 tdv6 engine (which had issues with cam shaft failures, air compressors, electronic parking brake, tailgate locking mechanisms and general electrical issues when the battery gets low)

I should be able to get a 4 yr old sub 80k miles Disco 4 for around £20-22k.
RRS are another £3-4k above that and don't have the additional seats or interior space.

Well for me, it comes down to a new S3 8V Sportback, a new Mk7 Golf R 5-dr or a used, low-miles S4 Avant Black Edition.

Got 16 months to decide!

Yes I know what your saying the newer model would of been lovely but I didn't have enough cash to buy one haha. I know what your saying and yes there are a few problems with them but it's going in after new year to get a proper looking at and see what happens from there really. But overall a lovely car to drive and look at.

If my plan in life goes well i would like a R35 GTR next.

Sometimes I sit back think that perhaps i should have saved a few more years and bought one over my S3. Although my corsa would have probably blown up with a few more years on the road

E92 M3 hopefully all being well, fingers crossed it'll be a bit more engaging that the S3.