S3 Owners! What car are you getting next?

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello ASN family,

As you know I deliberate a lot over my cars and what to get next. I was getting an S5 (2013), then an S5 cab then S3 saloon now back on an 8V S3 3 dr.

My question is quite simply.... what car are you getting next and when?

BMW 335i M Sport. Drove one and and simply fell in love. After a bit of fun in that I think an A5 3.0tdi Quattro is on the cards while a house is purchased.

Golf R400 if less than £40k.

Reactions: Prees83 and shadow1993
I just bough a 2000 plate VW Polo GTI haha 1.6 16v beast!!

Only as a run about tho to go to and from work.

I'm lookin at a porsche 911 next a 51 plate model.
With 3.4 straight 6 engine with GT Aero kit.

Reactions: AudiA3JJ and Omy193
I don't know what I'd have next....

A 911 GT3 might be nice,as might an R8 V10,but I really can't think of anything I'd want to swap it for right now as I still have a few plans......

Reactions: Charlie23
Will probably be an S3 8v sportback but not for 18 months as I really should keep this for a while. I do like the saloon but it's just not as practical as the 5 door
BMW 335i M Sport. Drove one and and simply fell in love. After a bit of fun in that I think an A5 3.0tdi Quattro is on the cards while a house is purchased.
I had an E93 335i Msport before this and the engine is epic!

This is a question ive been mulling over for the last few weeks. Ive only had my S3 1yr and a half but im already planning for when I'll replace it in the next 2 yrs. Im very meticulous with my research into cars. Ive decided that my next will be an Audi so that only leaves the RS range. Tempted by a GTR but it just doesn't look classy enough for me. Might change my mind one day. I really like the 2.5T 5pot but dont want a tt as I like rear seats and a boot, and the RS3 is the same as mine just a bit beefed up. Also I think it looks butt ugly with 5 doors. So I looked at the RS4, but dont want the 4.2 V8. Next car has to have forced induction, sorry but im sad and love the sound of turbo whizzing up and dv sounds, also the kick you get. Plus modding is so much easier. So looked at the new RS4, but ONLY comes Avant style which I dont like. Also think the RS5 looks ugly, so im quite stumped, aint got a clue what to get which is unlike me lol. Its gona be even worse when my mate gets his new 911 S. What do I dooooooo:keule:

Reactions: Forbzeeee
I'm not a fan of BMW's any more sorry guys, after having 2x E46 M3's BMW's don't live up the hype anymore with me. An old e36 M3 is apealing but New bmw's are boring lol. Sorry and I know my opinion counts for nothing haha just don't do anything for me anymore :(

Its a way off but S3 Saloon for me, I think they look great and in a years time the tuners will of sussed that engine and big power should be available :)

I'd love to say another audi but I hate the styling of the new audi especially the front grill that's why I didn't buy the 8v oh and the interior.

This is a question ive been mulling over for the last few weeks. Ive only had my S3 1yr and a half but im already planning for when I'll replace it in the next 2 yrs. Im very meticulous with my research into cars. Ive decided that my next will be an Audi so that only leaves the RS range. Tempted by a GTR but it just doesn't look classy enough for me. Might change my mind one day. I really like the 2.5T 5pot but dont want a tt as I like rear seats and a boot, and the RS3 is the same as mine just a bit beefed up. Also I think it looks butt ugly with 5 doors. So I looked at the RS4, but dont want the 4.2 V8. Next car has to have forced induction, sorry but im sad and love the sound of turbo whizzing up and dv sounds, also the kick you get. Plus modding is so much easier. So looked at the new RS4, but ONLY comes Avant style which I dont like. Also think the RS5 looks ugly, so im quite stumped, aint got a clue what to get which is unlike me lol. Its gona be even worse when my mate gets his new 911 S. What do I dooooooo:keule:
You sound similar to me when it comes to choosing cars.... It was much easier when I didn't have any money and it was a case of picking up the cheapest banger that had an MOT.

Interesting comments. Seems to be a few of you jumping over to the BMWs. I am still undecided but have told myself to make a decision by the end of this week and just go for it!! Still looking at Porsches, New S3, S5s. Despite trying to avoid BMWs I think the M2 will be an awesome machines (when it comes)

I don't have an S3, I would end up spending £££ on it so might as well skip it completely and get an RS3 instead and tune that...420hp is pretty easy...

I don't like the 8V S3- with the quad exhausts etc, what appeals to me with Audis is how subtle they are. 4 exhausts is not subtle and IMO only belongs on V8 engine cars!

A45 AMG since Audi wont do a 3 door RS3, if they do, well, we shall see.

Keep the s3 and stick the bigger turbo!!

Reactions: RedDejavu and S3Alex
I'm saving for an E92 M3, I was looking at RS4's but I wanted something different and ideally with DCT. I may still look at RS4's but I just want a big V8 and not a small turbo'd car.

House next then an RS3 unless I install a hybrid turbo my S3

My S3 has just turned 2 years old so I'm wondering what it's replacement will be. It's a quality car and at stage 1 it goes very well and it does everything I ask of it plus more but it just doesn't light my fire. I know it's a different class but my girlfriends new fiesta ST is such a hoot to thrash about and that's something I miss from my MINI days. Whatever I get it will be a hatchback with DSG, a sunroof..........oh and a turbo so it can be remapped!

Im sticking with my S3 because by the time i've paid her off, my next car may be able to hover :D

Reactions: S3DUST, S. and S3Alex
Had my S3 since Jan.
Had a B6 S4 for 7 years previous, loved it.
The S3 is faster, handles better, and does 30% better MPG. A great all rounder.

But I do miss the sound of that V8.

This last week I've thought of RS3 used at £30k, an S4 V6T used at £24k and a real oddball choice of a BMW E70 3.0sd M sport for around £20k.

I'm of the conclusion the S3 is great value and should keep it another year at least.

Reactions: S3Alex
Evora S. Since I had to part with my Elise R just over a year ago when my son arrived I have to get myself back in a Lotus, has to be four seats (more or less) see. If I have to bend my ways...RS3.

Will probably be an S3 8v sportback but not for 18 months as I really should keep this for a while. I do like the saloon but it's just not as practical as the 5 door

I had an E93 335i Msport before this and the engine is epic!

Yeah that engine is brilliant. My mates just had his remapped by Rick @ Unicorn now it's a monster. It did highlight the need for some form of LSD though... and that's where the slippery slope begins haha. Only thing which puts me off bmw's is the amount of depreciation in such a short space of time. Something i've yet to experience with and Audi quattro.

Golf R for me... The new Audi styling is doing absolutely nothing for me... Although I have been looking at B8 S4s with increasing affection recently

Nearly bought the Golf R afew months back due to the stupidly low business package deals they were doing but as it was so popular they binned it before I got the chance to order one. Was gonna hold out for the new 8V RS3 but apparently its been delayed again so house purchase for me and then shall re-evaluate the car market mid next year.

Bugatti Veyron, I recon.

My financial plan is dependent on an upcoming lottery win, so once that is out of the way....

Last edited:
Reactions: grainqey, S3DUST, Compkiler and 1 other person
The S3 is going to stay... Any tuning on a new car will remain "light". Stage 1, Exhaust & intake.

Yes....heard that one before.....LOL

Will I get shot for saying the new civic type r? The child in me wants one.

Reactions: shadow1993
Finally bit the bullet on my new car and bought a 335i.

Fun car to drive and it does make a nice noise!