S3 Order.... Am I missing anything?

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am just about to place my order for a 3dr S3 and just want to check I haven't missed anything in terms of spec.

Is there anything you wished you had specced but didn't? ...And is there anything here I should add or remove?

Delivery is expected in the first week of April

My Spec:

S3 S-tronic 3-door
Sepang Blue (annoyingly seems to be the most common choice at the moment)
Interior light pack
mono.pur (...yes I know!)
Super sports seats
LED headlights
Bang + Olufsen
Reversing camera
Privacy glass
Advanced key (security concern???)
19" 5 arm wing alloys
Driver assistance pack with parking system plus + park assist
3D design Black inlays
Technology pack with mobile preparation high
Headlining colour TBC

How serious is the security concern surrounding the Advanced Key?
Does the Tech Pack guarantee the best Sat Nav and Wifi?
Can I activate Hill Hold Assist if it is not included?

Thanks - It's going to be a long wait until April

Looks pretty good to me !

Hill hold assist is an extra button can prob be retrofitted but for £90 not worth the hassle. I'd add it up front and if you don't get on with it leave it switched off.

I've specced LED headlamps but also with High Beam Assist for an extra £100. I've got it on my current car a Seat Leon FR and wouldn't be without it now it reacts to oncoming vehicles far quicker than I can and just works very well indeed.

Reactions: glospete
A very personal choice but with Sepang it works very well with the red calipers although Audi's asking price is a bit steep .....

From what I've read the biggest security concern with the advanced key is if you leave the car unlocked as someone can easily code a new key and drive off. If car is locked I think you're OK as they'd have to gain access in same way as with a normal key.

As somebody referred to in a previous thread.
Disklok
That might deter somebody from taking your hard earned pride & joy.

Reactions: naughts4187 and Forbzeeee
A very personal choice but with Sepang it works very well with the red calipers although Audi's asking price is a bit steep .....
I do like them but hate the price Audi want. Have you gone with the red calipers?

What about interior led pack?

Reactions: Rob2k68
I do like them but hate the price Audi want. Have you gone with the red calipers?

No not in the end with Daytona Grey but if I'd gone for Sepang I would have had them and the 10 spoke titanium alloys as they suit one another really well. Went a bit crazy with options but tried to stick with functional ones and ones that would improve the driving experience rather than aesthetics although have to admit that mono pur crept in there :think:

Looks good.

Just one thing...

...change it to a saloon!

;) :p

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Haha miss d that.. Think that list practically covers near enough all extras then lol

S3 Saloon and S3 Cabrio come as standard with 19" wheels and Magnetic Ride.

All other models where you can spec 19" wheels also require Magnetic Ride to be added if you do.

If I was ordering my car now (after having mine 4 months) I would change from 3-door to saloon and go pretty basic options wise. Only options that would be must haves for me would be the Tech Pack and B&O. Everything else is not really worth it for me. Anyway, probably doesn't help you out.

If I was ordering my car now (after having mine 4 months) I would change from 3-door to saloon and go pretty basic options wise. Only options that would be must haves for me would be the Tech Pack and B&O. Everything else is not really worth it for me. Anyway, probably doesn't help you out.
Why would you change for a saloon and what options have you got on your 3-door that are not worth it?

Why would you change for a saloon and what options have you got on your 3-door that are not worth it?
I had a B7 A4 saloon before the S3 3dr. I have seen a couple of S3 saloons now and wish I had waited and gone with one rather than the 3dr. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, just with hindsight I probably should have shown some patience. B&O system is superb, but I have found that I am not using it fully along with the full Tech pack with connect. Must haves - but the SD card Nav and the Audi sounds could probably have been fine given the actual use I have had out of the more expensive options. Plus the interior light package should be standard and I feel it isn't really worth money. I'm happy with what I have, but just stating that I could have shown some patience and saved some money.

That's made me feel a lot better about my minimalist options spend (comfort pack, sd card nav and privacy glass) :)

For me it was all about keeping the monthly pcp down to a sensible level. I could have spent 8 grand easy otherwise lol

Much as I liked my 3-door, personally I think the saloon just looks so much better than either of the hatchbacks. I appreciate it's not for everyone, either on the looks or practicality front but personally I think it's a superb shape and the bonus is the relative rarity compared to the hatchbacks, the S3 even more so (yet to see an S3 saloon on the road)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I am now thinking that I should've opted for a saloon. I've seen two on the road and love the look of them. It gives me hope that Audi will do an RS3 saloon and if they do i'll trade my hatch immediately. I opted for the 3 door hatch as I rarely have anymore than 1 passenger in my car (maybe once in the last year I had 2) so an extra 2 doors aren't necessary but I am liking the saloon more and more.

Right, I have to opt for Mag ride to have 19's. Can you set mag ride so it is identical to standard suspension or is it always doing its tricks?

Mag Ride and Folding mirrors added. This car had better be good as the options alone are enough for a deposit on another house!!!

Reactions: Hound_Catcher and Rob2k68
On this forum we love helping other people spend their money.....

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Hound_Catcher and glospete