S3 on BBS RC

bantam1

Reaction score
Just a couple of pics of my S3 on it's new RCs.

Cheers,

B.

BBS2.jpg

BBS1.jpg

BBS4.jpg

yes the wheels do look good, but dont BBS,S belong on VW,s or BMW, or am i just being picky, no offence is being made by this post

yeah man , gotta love RCs !

Black ones look ace on docurley's silver A4.

yeah but silver ones on a black car look just as good :)

i was thinking of going black but with 18,s avus

Fantastic choice dont see many Audis with this wheel look the nuts though

icenutter said:
Black ones look ace on docurley's silver A4.

drive past it all the time a real headturner :yes:

They are beautiful wheels but they make the S3 look like a golf, sorry dude.

they look the bomb, better than rs6's anyways :p

mintie said:
yes the wheels do look good, but dont BBS,S belong on VW,s or BMW, or am i just being picky, no offence is being made by this post
Blasphemer !!! :eiertritt:

why do audi offer BBS as OEM wheels then?

gotta kinda agree about the golf comment though, as they use chrome RC's on the anni. Still awesome rims though dude. Most BBS rims are awesome.

madvw said:
Blasphemer !!! :eiertritt:

why do audi offer BBS as OEM wheels then?

gotta kinda agree about the golf comment though, as they use chrome RC's on the anni. Still awesome rims though dude. Most BBS rims are awesome.

and just cos Audi spec them they must suit the shape of the car :biggrin:

I love the wheels, don't get me wrong. Just dont think thin spoked wheels suit the S3.

I think RS6 wheels look nice but they are borderline chav these days with the sorts of car they turn up on!

Now Kei Racing do some lovely black spoked chrome rimmed wheels that look delicous on a black A3/S3...

It's all too subjective to be definitive anyway.

Tallpaul said:
Now Kei Racing do some lovely black spoked chrome rimmed wheels that look delicous on a black A3/S3...

....and kei racing are for jap cars...

Not sure the pics do them justice to be honest as I think they look better in the flesh (alloy) so to speak.

Tallpaul you are spot on - taste by definition is subjective. The golf comments was amusing as I saw an anniversary GTi owner do a double take when he pulled alonside me the other day. I'm sure the look on his face translated to 'now they look better on that car' :salute:

Gotta say I prefer the thinner / mutltispoke wheels on the S3 but each to their own.

Cheers,

B.

I think they look great, but I would say that being a fellow BBS owner, they are very simillar to my RSII's!!

Good choice matey!

they suit the S3 better than I thought they would, is it standard suspension? looks low!

my dad's got the optional 19" BBS on his A6 avant and they look nice, each to their own though, otherwise wouldnt everyone be driving S3's?

wheels look great I am going to get a 19" set of these for my 2.0t q S line.

Whereabouts did you get them from

jonS3 said:
they suit the S3 better than I thought they would, is it standard suspension? looks low!

No - it's on H & Rs.

co55ie said:
wheels look great I am going to get a 19" set of these for my 2.0t q S line.

Whereabouts did you get them from

Got them from Monty's Wheels and Tyres in Iver, Bucks (really good service). Not sure you can get them in 19s I'm afraid and they're discontinued by BBS now so only a few places have them.

Looks great IMO! Im can't decide which BBS suit the best im torn between the CH and RC for the S3.

As for RS6'S Stewarts S3 is still one of the best looking i've seen on here and it runs RS6'S - maybe its the 120mm drop!

nervus said:
Looks great IMO! Im can't decide which BBS suit the best im torn between the CH and RC for the S3.

As for RS6'S Stewarts S3 is still one of the best looking i've seen on here and it runs RS6'S - maybe its the 120mm drop!

Out of the two i would get the CHs but if it was me id get these
http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_322&products_id=1360&zenid=f02e5a2160c95a9b4858b0cfd0173d54

Not seen em on any car yet
They sell RS6s in Halfords now. Nuff said

I used to have those on my Golf Rallye, they look good!

Ive just managed to get hold of a set of BBS RW2's so im interested to see what they are going to look like on. I have been told that one of the wheel suppliers had put some on one of their demo S3's, but I haven't seen it. Love BBS wheels and it was between them and the Air 2 CK's which I think are the nicest wheels they have ever made. Couldn't justify the 2k plus for them though!

Anyway, will hopefully get some pics up when ive got mine on.

vernS3 said:
I think they look great, but I would say that being a fellow BBS owner, they are very simillar to my RSII's!!

Good choice matey!

Now they are a sublime choice!!

The RCs probably second on my BBS list...CHs look good but are like a55loles nowadays...every other S3 has a set...and I'm not a fan of LMs.

On a side note...not everyone buys a wheel on the bling factor alone...some of us want stronger and lighter wheels...cross spokes are the strongest wheel design available with the highest strength to weight ratio.

BBS all the way...

madvw said:
Heathen!! :asskicking: each to their own i guess ;)

It's not that I don't like them...but living where I do, It would break my heart to watch those polished lips corrode away before my eyes...
I guess that's what I have against them.

welcome back btw.

I've never realy been away..just this house with garden shizzle takes more looking after in summer than I thought!!