S3 MPG?

S3-ROB

RD350YPVS - Loves 2 stroke oil
Reaction score
Just wondered what MPG everyone is getting from there S3's

Had mine 2 months now and averaging 33mpg which is alot better than i was expecting, thought it would be more like 25-26

Run the car on v-power only

So whats everyone else getting? :thumbsup:

got mine at the weekend mate......so no where near that at the moment :racer:

I can get 32 if Im doing a long run but its much nearer 25 ish on mixed driving

When I first got mine average mpg was reading mid 30's (motorway cruiser) two years of ownership and its now down to 25.5 which is the norm I guess in relation to my driving style and mostly evening and weekend usage

Only use mine at weekends so don't really sit in traffic or do many short journeys so suppose it would drop to 25-26ish if i did.

My old M3 did approx 16-18mpg :sadlike:

Mine is normally about 26mpg according to the DIS. I fun it on V Power.

Mine is about the same as all yours on average. Bit of a shock at first - my Mk2 Golf Gti would seem to run forever on a thimble and it is just as fun! Still, least I'm comfy...

23.6 on average, does'nt really get any higher than that for me.

My DIS always reads somewhere around 5% over my calculated mpg.

First tank that I filled it with i managed 20mpg and have yet to beat it after a further 7 tanks full, lowest so far has been 17mpg.

Although I drive like e mental and on boost pretty much all the time and also do a lot of short journeys, car before this was a mondeo V6 and that managed about 18 - 22 with me driving it.

rickparmar said:
how much miles does does a £25 tank of fuel do roughly

Well that depends on:

cost of fuel
type of fuel
how hard you drive

So anywhere between 100 and 150 I'd say.

had mine just over a week (freshly revo'd) and my average is 25.5 according to DIS.

I have been making the most of the remap though and i do predominently do short journeys around town being an estate agent.

My Corrado VR6 returned 24.4 with the same driving style according to the mfa

24.4 avarage for me with mixed driving on revo stage 1

it reads 33ish from mixed driving though i find it hard to believe. one day i might bother to actually work it out myself. as someone said above, i think the mpg increases with higher octane.

well my dis reads 28.8 and has done for 2 years now but just calculated my mpg ... 270 miles 56 litres which is about 22mpg :(

Most miles i've done between fill ups is 363 but average 280-300 per tank

Dash says average of 33mpg but think its more like 26-28mpg if worked out properly

Check this out MPG_CALCULATOR

****** this im gonna buy an S3 or TQ to run about in instead of the current effort - you guys get far too good mpg considering a 105bhp 1.6 will only do about 330 miles to a tank (and thats motorway driving)

I get about 280-320 miles a tank and I use the car everyday for commuting and then long runs at the weekend visting mates. The trip computer says I'm avereging 26.5 mpg, which seems about right. Although when I first got the car last year, the previous owner mut have been a bit more gentle with their right foot coz the average then was 28!