S3 modded car insurance

Agric04

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone any tips for me.

I will need to renew my insurance soon and the s3 is due to go into Jabbasport on 5th May for remap, H&R springs & Koni fsd's and poly bushes.

I'm 32 with full ncb. What sort of prices are people paying on fully comp insurance with modded S3's?

Do any insurance companies cover the market value plus the value of the mods? My S3's market value I think is about £5k but I've done about £3k of tidying and modding so far!

To put it simple, what mods? Haha. Just dont crash and claim, you'll bi fine :).

You have to check with insurer as some cover mods, some don't. I declared everything on mine and found it didn't really make much difference. I'm 23 with 1 years ncb on it, as all my other ncbs are on other vehicles, and it came to £700 I think. That's with directline, who seem to smash everyone for me.

I jus got a quite from Adrian flux with all my mods and nos and my quote was 600 I'm 33 with 9 years ncb I didn't think that was so bad

Another shout for Greenlight. Comprehensively cheaper than competitors and the trackday option is pretty handy if you ever go for it.

Mine was £660 6 years NCB all mods declared. I use mine for Class 1 business though (hence the hike over the other quotes here). All mods are covered on a like for like replacement as well which other insurers simply didn't offer.

Always make sure you declare your mods people. When a vehicle is examined following a serious or fatal bump they get examined and trust me on this (from witnessing a few) they really go to town on the cars. These are Police examiners NOT insurance ones. Should there be any undeclared mods you could find yourself in very hot water.... I've seen ECU's being read also so maps can be picked up.

I insure my car with Adrian Flux but I've just had my renewal come up and its gone up £100 so I'll have a look at green light. 12 years no claims, 30 years old, advanced driver so in the IAM etc etc and Flux want £550 this year :(

I wouldn't be so worried about the value of the mods I'd just want everything to be declared in case of an accident.

My mate wrote off his M3 just after xmas when he had a blow out and no other cars were involved. The police investigators sent all deatils to his insurance company. He had everything declared but he is still waiting for them to pay out because they wanted to investigate whether any of his mods had been the cause of his blow out!!!

Insurance companies will try everything not to pay out so If you have any mods not declared they could use that against you if you have a smash.

Thanks for all the responses, sounds like Greenlight would be worth a try.

Anyone know what the insurers stance is on assessing the market value of a modified S3, ie do you think they would look at it as a standard car and base their valuation on that or would they look at other cars with similar modifications to base market value on? It's a slight concern as the mods I plan over the coming years will easily be worth more than the car itself, so would be quite painful to lose if the car was stolen! Or is this just the risk you take when you sink money into a car!!

My policy includes the following:

Like for Like Replacement - This policy covers the replacement of vehicle enhancements and aftermarket parts that are damaged or stolen as a result of an insured peril.

I think in any circumstance outside of being written off, all mods will be paid for. If the car is written off, I'm sure it's a grey area. Best bet is to chat to them directly for clarification. No point in us trying to guess how an insurance company thinks!

Either way, I think this is as good as any insurer is going to get.

I pay £360 fully comp 12+ years ncb, age 37, £250 xs, all mods declared. I have opted for a policy which has standard replacement parts only, with Admiral multi-car. The other car on the policy is my Cordoba which is seriously modified, but I can get them both insured for £650. Admiral do offer, for an extra premium, cover for mods but I haven't opted for it.

You can play around with the Admiral/Elephant/Bell websites (all same company), who have about 30 mods you can pick and choose from. If you've got the time you can see exactly how much difference each mod makes to the premium.

I done an online quote the other day, with a stage 1 remap declared (25% power increase) £700 without the mod declared £350 I am 31 with 8 years ncb quite a difference thought, this was on confused.com so maybe I will tryb that green light one

would the inspector really go through all the effort of reading the ecu? I ran my beemer off the road which had undeclared induction kit, tinted windows, black diamond disc and pads, bilstein shocks and a "superchip" and got paid out no probs. Was some a few years back though..

would the inspector really go through all the effort of reading the ecu? I ran my beemer off the road which had undeclared induction kit, tinted windows, black diamond disc and pads, bilstein shocks and a "superchip" and got paid out no probs. Was some a few years back though..

If it ends up in coroners court they could well do, as I said I've seen it done