S3 Misano Red with black pack/roof rails or not??

Radman

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm about ready to order but really not sure on the above...Any pics or peoples views appreciated. I do think the black pack accentuates the red as I'd have a sunroof as well. Not sure on roof rails?? Too family looking??
Help!!

Conrad

Personally, I wasn't taken by the Black Pack for the cost involved, but I do think it looks nice on the right colour.

But, I do think that the Roof Rails look good on a Sportback - I spec'd them and I don't think they look too 'family'. I will use mine for bikes, surf board when I visit my mates in Devon and I have always wanted an ocean kayak...

Last edited:
Reactions: Radman
I didn't get the black pack, but now wish I had.

I think the roof rails make the car look more like an estate and I am glad I did not have them.

I didn't get the black pack, but now wish I had.

I think the roof rails make the car look more like an estate and I am glad I did not have them.
Just think the rails give it a more aggressive stance but I'm not totally convinced...

I haven't specced them on my SB. everytime I saw them they made me think of a guy whos bald down the center and poofy on the sides and as my hair is thining (at 29 ***!) its a sore point, I can't have my car mocking me!

Reactions: irowpod, steeve, elpaulio and 2 others
The black pack, looks better on certain colors rather others imo, and certainly can give a more purposeful look, especially black on black.

But as for the roof rails, its make the SB look too much like a SUV.

I haven't specced them on my SB. everytime I saw them they made me think of a guy whos bald down the center and poofy on the sides and as my hair is thining (at 29 ***!) its a sore point, I can't have my car mocking me!
LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Jake 61
I went for black with no rails, as I didn't want it to look like an A4 Avant :)

Image1

Image2

Image3

Reactions: Jake 61, StefRobinson, S3DUST and 2 others
I went for 3D design and mono pur inside too, I think it gives it the finishing touch ;-)
Looking at 3d but not thought about monopur. Spec pretty much same as you otherwise.

Did someone mention mono pur? :confused:

Roof rails are a practicality option. If you need to carry stuff, get them. I got them on mine for easier bike transportation.

Roof rails are not really a practicality option though are they? You can still fit a roof rack without roof rails e.g.http://www.thule.com/en/gb/buyers-guide?c=roof+racks&q=Cjy4mybop
I think there is an Audi equivalent.
Have a look at them first. I had the Audi fixed rails on an A4 B7 Avant a few years ago and thought they enhanced the look of the car. However they were proper rails. On the A3/S3 they are 'solid'. I.e. there is no gap underneath. Bad explanation, but personally I think they look odd. Go look at one 'in the flesh'.

My S3 is Misano Red with Pan Sun roof, no roof rails and no black pack. Whilst at first I wish I had the black pack, having had mine 10 months now, I have to say I (personally) prefer the chrome.
IMG 419093452
IMG 419093371

black pack and roof rails with pano roof.....sweet. white, red or grey. or sepang and chrome, just to confuse matters

hope mine helps

personally I like the aluminium roof bars and alloy bits. if I went for all black then id want the mirrors to be black too otherwise they'll look odd. I know the silver mirrors are only on s3's but I still think it would look odd. prefer misano to ordinary red. most obvious in bright sunshine where misano has a more orangey red

Roof rails are not really a practicality option though are they? You can still fit a roof rack without roof rails e.g.http://www.thule.com/en/gb/buyers-guide?c=roof racks&q=Cjy4mybop
I think there is an Audi equivalent.
Have a look at them first. I had the Audi fixed rails on an A4 B7 Avant a few years ago and thought they enhanced the look of the car. However they were proper rails. On the A3/S3 they are 'solid'. I.e. there is no gap underneath. Bad explanation, but personally I think they look odd. Go look at one 'in the flesh'.

nothing odd about them you just clamp bars to them - to be honest ill doubt ill use them anyway as ill use my other car for lugging stuff about

Not suggesting they do not work, just I do not like the way they look. Personnel opinion only.

Hate typos! Should have been personal opinion only!

see if you can see an s3 in the flesh with and without rails

I didn't spec the pano roof initially but saw a white one and it just set the car off rather nicely so immediately added it to my order - the options got bigger and bigger

OK, I went through the roof rails or not thing when I bought my S3. Photographed this Scuba(?) Blue with roof rails before I ordered to agonise over it but bought Sepang Blue without the rails. No regrets.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0002A.JPG
    IMG_0002A.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 378
Roof rails, OK if you need them but I feel that they spoil the look of an A or S3.
Personal choice,

Untitled

Picked mine up today...with the black package....glad I selected this option
13f05a305a65a6be4fb6a1b15fd6065a.jpg

0f5e2340b3eb3841375b67557189a87c.jpg

Reactions: mcnallys, Bristle Hound, Radman and 2 others
In my opinion I prefer the black styling package, the chrome doesn't look 'sporty' enough for me! I haven't seen black pack with roof rails, it could look quite cool however I think it's pointless with a sunroof as it will just blend in aesthetically.

A lad at work has chrome grill and alu rails on a Sepang car - looks a bit 'bling' for me.

Right, think its gonna either be Sepang or Misano red with blackpack and pano...
I do like blue with black but think black rails on either would look half decent.

Go with Misano!

I'm getting the other option without the rails so I'm not biased!

Reactions: David83S3
Roof rails are not really a practicality option though are they? You can still fit a roof rack without roof rails e.g.http://www.thule.com/en/gb/buyers-guide?c=roof racks&q=Cjy4mybop
I think there is an Audi equivalent...

True - they are not the only way to fit a roof rack, but they are the most convenient. Without roof rails you have to deform the seals to get to the fixing points. I'm sure this isn't a problem short term. Over time it could be an issue, or after many installations/removals.

I actually went for black rails with my non-black pack daytona grey s3, which is potentially controversial!