S3 Mirrors Chrome/Aluminium/Replicas.....

Tekin

Reaction score
Hi,

I might be seeing an S3 this weekend just wanted some quick advise really from you S3 professionals out there.

What are those shiny silver mirrors really made out of? are they Ali or chrome?

How can i tell/spot the difference from a real and imitation one?

Thanks allot.

Tekin

erm well they are only covers and would guess that they dont wrap around the inside, behind the mirror glass..... cant imagine the finish would be the same either

They are easy to spot, really shiny means the are after market! Where the real mirrors are machined out of solid block of metal, so you will be able to tell! :) Who cares they both look good, just one costs an arm and a leg when they are stolen and the others can be replaced for £70!

erm well they are only covers and would guess that they dont wrap around the inside, behind the mirror glass..... cant imagine the finish would be the same either

The covers completely incase the mirror whether OEM or aftermarket, it the finish which tell them apart.

New-mirror-pic.jpg
These are after market versions! :sorry:

your having a laugh! I though mine were real... Ughh. So there is no such thing as genuin chrome ones? Are they all a brushed alloy look? as my friends are like that but to touch and knock neither his or mine sound or feel like a chunk of alloy?? Best i spray mine black with the grill and get black german plates then ! I don't like the idea that they are fake at all, especialy as the real ones are not even chrome..

You really need to go upto them and touch them to tell if they are the genuine artice or the replica InPro items. I've got the fake ones and no one has said anything in the few meets I've been to lol, so just get the copies and save the £££'s, unless you really have to have the brushed finished ones.

You really need to go upto them and touch them to tell if they are the genuine artice or the replica InPro items. I've got the fake ones and no one has said anything in the few meets I've been to lol, so just get the copies and save the £££'s, unless you really have to have the brushed finished ones.

add that to the big rears Joe...:eyebrows: