S3 milltek sports cat / decat

R222cet

Reaction score
I’ve had my milltek non res catback fitted for around 4 months now and I don’t think I like it. It’s too raspy and is abit to loud for me at slow speeds.
I’m looking at getting the downpipe and stage 2 soon and I have a couple of questions

If I get a sports cat would it sound even louder ?

How would it sound if I sourced a resonated centre and fitted a decat ?

Decat is slightly louder that high flow sports cat, i dont see why u even bothered with the miltek heard its a waste of money as the only restriction on the s3 for stage too is the cat so a sports cat or a decat is all that's recommended, which is also what im going to do and keep the original system with mid res delete

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Stg 2 requires the intake and the down pipe.

If you go decat then you’ll have MOT issues. The sportscat will reduce the sound and even though high flowing is a little more restrictive than a decat. You need to get a resonator into the mid section.

I know there is a fair cost difference but consider BCS.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Exactly what he said ^ im looking at the 3.5" decat from bcs but costs £££

Exactly what he said ^ im looking at the 3.5" decat from bcs but costs £££

The 100 cell cat from BCS is massive and so not restrictive. Costs more than the decat but hopefully no hassle at MOT time

Mot doesnt bother me not hard to bypass the emissions test with a vband setup

Have a full milltek with no cat and passed mot no problem and certainly wasn’t loud in any way, well until I went stage 1 and now it just sounds epic, lovely bauble,pops and bangs and like a machine gun when changing gear under hard acceleration too but still quiet under normal driving conditions which is great.

Do you have a res or non res system @Richie pikka ? I’m tempted with the price of the decat but I’ll probably end up with the sports cat

Do you have a res or non res system @Richie pikka ? I’m tempted with the price of the decat but I’ll probably end up with the sports cat

Resonated and decat, I guess the sports cat would be peace of mind for mot time as mine only just passed with the decat, and must admit I’m a little concerned next mot now it’s running stage 1... hopefully it won’t make a difference