Facelift S3 Manual exhaust sound

RSS-S3

Reaction score
The S-tronic exhaust sounds great!

farts on up changes and Burbles on gentle throttle inputs all without being too intrusive!

My question is does the manual sound as great (obviously not the up shifting noises) but does it burble and pop just the same ? Or do owners wish it was louder?

I have the Golf R manual and I had the vcds tweak, sounds so much better on the over run and when I'm nailing it in first to second, or second to third I do get the occasional pop. Sounds good for what it is

Reactions: RSS-S3
The S-tronic exhaust sounds great!

farts on up changes and Burbles on gentle throttle inputs all without being too intrusive!

My question is does the manual sound as great (obviously not the up shifting noises) but does it burble and pop just the same ? Or do owners wish it was louder?

Manuals make the same noises when Drive Select is in Dynamic, or when "Engine Noise" is set to dynamic in Individual mode. Lots of pops and burbles, no flatulence.

If you're in any other mode the exuberence is toned down.

Reactions: pburv and Gordo77
Manuals make the same noises when Drive Select is in Dynamic, or when "Engine Noise" is set to dynamic in Individual mode. Lots of pops and burbles, no flatulence.

If you're in any other mode the exuberence is toned down.
These guys are in full S Tronic Dynamic mode...

Reactions: Gordo77, Simon L, Matt Titanium and 2 others
Or do owners wish it was louder?
No because I'm not a teenager :)

BoyRacer.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77 and Simon L
These guys are in full S Tronic Dynamic mode...

4 weetabix this morning mate?? ....................inspired!! lol

Reactions: pburv
4 weetabix this morning mate?? ....................inspired!! lol

My manual FL S3 pops, burbles and farts in Auto mode, just slightly less volume than Dynamic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
My manual FL S3 pops, burbles and farts in Auto mode, just slightly less volume than Dynamic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shhhh don't tell anyone mate...............folks will accuse you of driving like a ****!! lol

Reactions: pburv and sve170
I have the Golf R manual and I had the vcds tweak, sounds so much better on the over run and when I'm nailing it in first to second, or second to third I do get the occasional pop. Sounds good for what it is

Whats the vcds tweak???
My manual sound pants unto the DSG

Whats the vcds tweak???
My manual sound pants unto the DSG

If you don't have ease of access to VCDS, then you can unplug the valves on the rear pipes, two cables. Put the car in dynamic so they are open, unplug and forget :)