S3 loss of power - help/vcds needed please (wolves/telford/birmingham area)

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
last night I was driving along the m54 doing about 75-80ish when I put my foot down and there's no boost and the engine warning light starts flashing and then goes off. however this has left me every time I put my foot down and get to between 3-4k revs the power dies and it sounds really strange almost like it's misfiring or something. The engine warning light is no longer on and doesn't come on either, just pretty strange, at present I don't have vcds where I am and so cannot generate any fault codes, just posting on here to see if anyone knows about this or is anyone in the Wolverhampton/Telford/Birmingham area with vcds and wouldn't mind lending a hand.. for beer tokens of course. Josh

Unplug the MAF mate and see if its any better.... when this happened did the engine run ok but not give you more than idle rpm until you cycled the ignition?

<tuffty/>

thanks i'll give it a go. am I right in saying though that running it with the maf unplugged will cause the eml to come on and stay on until it can be reset by vcds? even when I plug the maf back in? and when it happened it gave me revs up to 3-4k but not much more and no more power after that, just went very flat and if I drop a gear to get the revs to rise it was like I was driving an na car, no boost or power whatsoever just a slow rise as I 'accelerated'

Difficult to say mate... sounds like limp mode tbh... realistically a scan of faults codes is needed

<tuffty/>

thanks mate I unplugged the maf to no avail. so for now its parked up and I won touch it til next Saturday now which is funnily enough when it's booked in for a service and dyno run etc at midland vw.. so i'll get them to investigate and scan it etc see what comes up. and to think I could have sold this car twice in the last 2 weeks but decided to keep it! haha