S3 Lock Strip Warning! (and mines for sale!)

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Not sure if you remember but a while ago I posted about having rust on my rear lock strip on my S3 which is very common flaw on them. Anyway, I bought a s3 lockstrip which needed rubbing down and painting again which I did.. (Warley from the forum did this very professionaly as u can see below!)

Anyway after finally getting it and trying to fit and I realised.. I HAVE THE WRONG LOCK STRIP! :confused: Didn't even realise there was a difference between the two of them!

Bizzarely the one I have is for a non facelift S3 as the lock strip mounting is completely different and the lock itself is recessed in the middle whereas on a non face lift it's just completely flat with a hole.. can you believe it!! So make sure you buy the correct version for your S3 if your thinking of doing this.

Anyhow means I have an absolutely mint rear silver lockstrip for a NON face lift s3.. See pics below:

lockstrip.jpg

lockstrip2.jpg

Not looking to make a profit here just make back what I paid for purchasing and painting... which all in came to £45 + P&P (there about £60 + VAT non painted from the dealer!) Please contact me if you're interested, ready to fit and as you can see from above pics absolutely mint.

Thanks

Shame...My lock strip has gone crappy aswell. Was wondering weather to get it smoothend into the boot and getting the boot resprayed but my boot is in outstanding condition so it would be a waste of money :(
Im sure it will sell with the amount of silver A3 owners on here..

yer major differences between them!! i think i have a facelift one actually off the s3 boot i had but its black!

Goodluck with trying to sell it! I'm pretty sure it's made of plastic, unless you can confirm it's made of metal, so no chance of this one corroding.
I do wonder why Audi went with a metal strip/handle for the facelift version?

Cheers, yeah hopefully someone with a silver non face-lift S3 is thinking of replacing theres. If not I'll ebay it next week I think.

Was thinkin of changin mine to a facelift one. Dont think i'll bother now if they aren't compatible with each other

Was thinkin of changin mine to a facelift one. Dont think i'll bother now if they aren't compatible with each other

Facelift bootlid is totally different Tom, the handle is flush for a start and the it's solenoid/electronically operated also, where the prefacelift is mechanical in operation.

Facelift bootlid is totally different Tom, the handle is flush for a start and the it's solenoid/electronically operated also, where the prefacelift is mechanical in operation.

Which is why you should buy mine Tom! :moa:

Sooo any silver S3/A3 drivers remotely interested in my lock strip?

Any silver S3 owners interested before I Ebay it?

crap...i have this issue also, gonna get it resprayed along with side of car once ive managed to get Audi to commit to redoing my roof!!

just as a matter of interest my T plate A3 had a mechanical switch, when i bought that i looked at a V plate quattro that had an electronic switch (obviously pre facelift) and so there may be 3 variations....possibly