Facelift S3 limp mode??

gussyldr

Reaction score
Hi all every time I floor the accelerator my car goes into some sort of limp mode with reduced power until I turn of the car then all is normal again till I floor it again has this happened to any of you or anyone have any idea what’s going on attached video is done on a private road :racer:

4B749E02 8525 499F 9052 65B8D9716A38

Maybe a coil needs to be checked??? Any way to perform a scan for codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gussyldr
Nothing comes up really weird it’s even been to Audi and they can’t find the problem

Audi are useless sometimes... it's obviously got a fault. I had Audi assist come out to me when I had this problem, and it turned out to be a misfire, probably a duff coil and it through up an error code on cylinder 3. Wiped the code and it's been fine since.

Audi are useless sometimes... it's obviously got a fault. I had Audi assist come out to me when I had this problem, and it turned out to be a misfire, probably a duff coil and it through up an error code on cylinder 3. Wiped the code and it's been fine since.

Yup exact thing happened to me, it was fine under mild throttle input however once I mashed the pedal the rpms would simply hang at about 4 to 5k and sputter. In my case there was no MIL or EPC or anything.

agreed that it is probably misfires, probably. Get yourslef an ELM327 OBD dongle (about 8 quid) off amazon, and purchase the torque pro app for your phone (about 3 quid for the full version). It can check for fault codes but also test analysis of the logs kept by the car. This is how I discovered my misfires (which turned out to be a cam shaft problem. long story). Still its definitely worth having to monitor your car. If you need any help on using it let me know. Its easy to use, but the test takes a while to complete and all the misfire recordings appear right at the bottom after a minute or two. Not obvious unless you know that you have to wait and where to look.

In the mean time don't boot it.

Audi are useless sometimes... it's obviously got a fault. I had Audi assist

Tell me about also my heating in my drivers mirror is not working but according to Audi they tested it and it works fine:welcoming:

Yup exact thing happened to me, it was fine under mild throttle input however once I mashed the pedal the rpms would simply hang at about 4 to 5k and sputter. In my case there was no MIL or EPC or anything.

What was your solution also is this a common problem ?

agreed that it is probably misfires, probably. Get yourslef an ELM327 OBD dongle (about 8 quid) off amazon, and purchase the torque pro app for your phone (about 3 quid for the full version). It can check for fault codes but also test analysis of the logs kept by the car. This is how I discovered my misfires (which turned out to be a cam shaft problem. long story). Still its definitely worth having to monitor your car. If you need any help on using it let me know. Its easy to use, but the test takes a while to complete and all the misfire recordings appear right at the bottom after a minute or two. Not obvious unless you know that you have to wait and where to look.

In the mean time don't boot it.

I have obd eleven also torque pro can you assist me on checking logs

Tell me about also my heating in my drivers mirror is not working but according to Audi they tested it and it works fine:welcoming:

What was your solution also is this a common problem ?

Dealer confirmed bad coil which followed to cylinder 1 believe so they replaced it. They also checked the ignition module. As for your drivers mirror this is new to me. How do you know it’s not heating?

I have obd eleven also torque pro can you assist me on checking logs

Fire up the app and have it connect to the ecu with ignition turned on, and on the front page there is a "Test Results" option. Click that and it will start scanning the car data. You'll need to wait a couple of minutes for it to do its work. Items are added to the bottom of page as it scans, and if you scroll down right to the very bottom you should eventually see individual cylinder data. If not then continue to wait and it will appear. It looks like the image below. For each cylinder you get an average for the last 10 drives, and count for the last drive. This is a screenshot of a test I did on my car where it recorded 195 misfires on cylinder 1 which turned out to be a camshaft issue.
Screenshot 20181127 095249 Torque