Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

Test drove the xc40, Tiguan, x1, q3 a couple of years ago then settled on the evoque as that was the nicest and standard spec was very high it was a shame I got the Friday afternoon car. Interior was definitely the nicest of them all.
Tiguan was nice but didn’t feel that special inside and got expensive once you spec 4 motion, diesel, rline spec and dsg but good thing is the rline spec came with most toys you want so not needing to add loads of options. Xc40 was nice but lots of road noise, the diesels sounds like trucks but once you got going it was ok again got really expensive on pcp cause high depreciation, you really need a high-ish spec to get all the toys.
Q3/x1 was just ok especially after having the evoque again expensive to spec up if you want Quattro, xdrive and even simple things like folding mirrors.

Aren’t all RR / Landrover vehicles Friday afternoon cars?

Reactions: daytonamart, Jcbmally, SteveMcB and 2 others

Mate got pretty much the same car and had no issues in 60ks. Mine was definitely special.
Mrs wants another one or the bigger velar once we are back in the office. Glutton for punishment. To be fair I had a similarly painful experience with an audi not that long ago, engine problems spewing fuel everywhere, electric seats not working etc and they never got to the bottom of it and took the car back and gave me another after a year of them trying to fix it.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
Update car is at the UK port should be picking it up in the next 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B, Bells, Nige Smith and 13 others
I had a Golf like that once - the worst car I ever had, they had the car more than me, 4 x dual mass fly wheel, new seats as windows kept winding down and car got full of snow and rain, battery melted all over the inner wing, dash replaced the list goes on!!!!!!!!!!

Brother in law had a new Rangrover a couple of years back, it had a recall - apparently the robot had missed some welds above the B pillar !!! they welded it up with the seats in and returned it to him with burns in the leather and tried to say they must be cigarette burns - neither of them smoke. needles to say they no longer have the Rangey!!!!!!!! come over to the dark side and have a Q5 which they love.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jassyo06
Mate got pretty much the same car and had no issues in 60ks. Mine was definitely special.
Mrs wants another one or the bigger velar once we are back in the office. Glutton for punishment. To be fair I had a similarly painful experience with an audi not that long ago, engine problems spewing fuel everywhere, electric seats not working etc and they never got to the bottom of it and took the car back and gave me another after a year of them trying to fix it.

Fair enough, and as you say plenty other manufacturers have issues, but I personally don’t know a current or past LR or RR owner that hasn’t had issues, but some keep buying

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Fair enough, and as you say plenty other manufacturers have issues, but I personally don’t know a current or past LR or RR owner that hasn’t had issues, but some keep buying

They keep buying cause when you get in these cars they feel a bit special. Of all the cars I test drove the evoque had the nicest interior, the finish of everything just felt like it was on another level compare to the German trio. Nothing felt cheap and even the base spec had things like folding mirrors, memory seats as standard which cost thousands in an Audi.
Cause my car was in so much I pretty much got to drive the whole range as courtesy cars and my personal favourite would be the full size discovery, not too big but loads of luxury and tech. .
the evoque had the best apple CarPlay integration I’ve ever used. It integrates across 3 screens so you can have album art on the vc, maps on the main screen and music controls on the secondary screen. Just worked really well.
Reckon will end up getting another further down the line. Hopefully not another Friday car

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
If Jassey buys it don,t forget to claim commission
At least 15% and a bag of nuts. .

That's one thing I was worried about, the 35 engine in a big lump of a car! I just thought it was a good price @ £30k. I look at what you can buy them for and then look at a future value figure on a pcp quote after 4 years, then take that price off the buy price and split it over the term to get a idea of the monthly loss, on that Q3 it was £14k loss in 48 months/£291 a month! Cheaper than doing it on a pcp deal. (Not an exact science but gives an idea).

The Volco XC40's and the VW Tiguans do well as a long term buys. Think I'll go SUV next as I don't do many miles now and I need something I can do the most with, I had to make two trips to the same place last week to collect stuff for the garden, with an suv it would have been one, also had to pay for things to be delivered as they wouldn't fit in the car!
SUV’s are cool (hand grenade deployed)
Went to Cotswold mini with father in law as he was looking at a new Countyman with pano, comfort pack and a few other bits. Dealt with the chap we bought the JCW and then Cooper S through . Deal done, with very good discount and top whack on his current Countyman. And delivery by end of June. They are shifting 40+ cats a week. Similar on the BMW side of dealership. Some of the models like X’s have slightly longer lead time but nothing like Audi!
40+ cats Nev, hope RSPCA are aware :whistle2::tearsofjoy:

Excellent news :thumbs up:

Glad mum is better and yes they are the most important and always right :friends:
Great news @jassyo06

Sold my TCR today, new car to collect at the weekend.
What you getting Chris, c’mon spill the beans :yes:

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan, Chris4410 and 3 others

Well chuffed for you mate :thumbs up: Will look forward to the piccies.

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Well chuffed for you mate :thumbs up: Will look forward to the piccies.
Ah we'll see how long it takes to travel a few miles from Grimsby port to Grimsby Audi ....nothing surprises me now
Roads are covered in road salt up here ****** disgusting....so no rushing to get my car can't wait to fit the TTRS rear wing and oled taillights these 2 should make the TT that little more unique plus av got the black emblems, dashcams to get fitted as well
Avril wants to drive down l am fine with this may stay overnight somewhere on the way back home

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79, NevMan and 1 other person
Ah we'll see how long it takes to travel a few miles from Grimsby port to Grimsby Audi ....nothing surprises me now
Roads are covered in road salt up here ****** disgusting....so no rushing to get my car can't wait to fit the TTRS rear wing and oled taillights these 2 should make the TT that little more unique plus av got the black emblems, dashcams to get fitted as well
Avril wants to drive down l am fine with this may stay overnight somewhere on the way back home

Lol..You can pitch a tent in my garden if you like(covid regs. n all) :chuncky:

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79, NevMan and 2 others
At least 15% and a bag of nuts. .

SUV’s are cool (hand grenade deployed)

40+ cats Nev, hope RSPCA are aware :whistle2::tearsofjoy:

Excellent news :thumbs up:

Glad mum is better and yes they are the most important and always right :friends:

What you getting Chris, c’mon spill the beans :yes:

Porsche 718 Boxster T.

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79, pburv and 2 others

Happy days @jassyo06. At least the wait and recent debate has now paid off. New car day is always a great day!

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
Colour?PDK?Sport Chrono?20" carrera sport wheels?

GT silver
718 T interior Pack (yellow stitching to seats, leather etc)
Rollover bars painted in body colour
PDK
20“ carrera wheels
sports chrono
PASM
PSE
18 way electric sport plus seats
interior light pack
Porsche LED dynamic lights
GT steering wheel
electronic rear diff with PTV
Bose sound with Apple car play
Folding exterior mirrors
automatic dimming mirrors
steering plus pack
heated seats
Cruise control
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
Speed limit indicator
Digital radio
Apple® CarPlay
Navigation incl. Porsche Connect

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, AllanG, SPIKE_ and 4 others
Nice Quite an upgrade. Colour, specs, any pics yet

See above for spec.
I will get some pictures up when I collect it, not getting it until the weekend.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
GT silver
PDK
20“ carrera wheels
sports chrono
PASM
PSE
interior light pack
GT steering wheel
Folding exterior mirrors
steering plus pack
heated seats
Congratulations the spec looks spot on .
Looking forward to the pics :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Chris4410 and 1 other person
Your new TTS might have more power than you think mate. :superman:
Same engine as the Golf R yeah??

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and NevMan
To be honest in an average weight car I think 300bhp is just right for a road car, very much more is unusable on the road.

You can have a lot of fun in a well balanced car with 300bhp, my last 3 cars haven’t been much over 300bhp and they were all great fun to drive.

Reactions: taks1, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
@ jassyo06
Glad to hear the TTS is back on track
AndyG

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jassyo06
Your new TTS might have more power than you think mate. :superman:
Same engine as the Golf R yeah??

I seen my first one of these on the road today, I must say I really liked it and it had a presence the previous generation certainly didn’t have.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and pburv
I seen my first one of these on the road today, I must say I really liked it and it had a presence the previous generation certainly didn’t have.
I seen a GR8 a few weeks back close up on a dual carriageway the only way l knew it was GR8 was it was in Lapiz Blue and he was driving like a ***** as do a lot of S3 drivers so l aint discriminating lol
It was very underwhelming looking but it had a nice stance on the road as it got further away but £54k for a well optioned car is a joke ...well out of its league at that price

Reactions: taks1, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
I seen a GR8 a few weeks back close up on a dual carriageway the only way l knew it was GR8 was it was in Lapiz Blue and he was driving like a ***** as do a lot of S3 drivers so l aint discriminating lol
It was very underwhelming looking but it had a nice stance on the road as it got further away but £54k for a well optioned car is a joke ...well out of its league at that price

I agree that its totally overpriced, I'm wondering if VW will flood the roads with them again with silly cheap PCP or lease deals.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
I agree that its totally overpriced, I'm wondering if VW will flood the roads with them again with silly cheap PCP or lease deals.
I would say that's a definite YES even on a pcp 15% discount is standard
Huge lead times at the moment though so this will be delaying the personal lease deals
I would still have one over a S3 sport back thought as its a better looking car

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Joe Achilles has just done a review on one.

Reactions: Dubjam, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
GT silver
Rollover bars painted in body colour
PDK
20“ carrera wheels
sports chrono
PASM
PSE
interior light pack
GT steering wheel
Folding exterior mirrors
steering plus pack
heated seats
Cruise control
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
Speed limit indicator
Digital radio
Apple® CarPlay
Navigation incl. Porsche Connect
Very nice Chris, quite a change from the previous cars. Looking forward to pics and another review mate.

Reactions: Chris4410, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Xc40 was nice but lots of road noise, the diesels sounds like trucks but once you got going it was ok again got really expensive on pcp cause high depreciation,
I noticed the pcp quotes were high, but when you look at a discounted buy price and take away the final price (they quote) on a pcp it's not too bad. I wouldn't do a full pcp again, just maybe jump on it to get the extra £££ off then buy it a month or so later.
You do like a white car
Yep dead easy to look after...fed up of spending days off cleaning and polishing cars :)
I know some lads that work there and on that basis I wouldn't buy one! :p

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, AlS3BE and 1 other person
I noticed the pcp quotes were high, but when you look at a discounted buy price and take away the final price (they quote) on a pcp it's not too bad. I wouldn't do a full pcp again, just maybe jump on it to get the extra £££ off then buy it a month or so later.

Yep dead easy to look after...fed up of spending days off cleaning and polishing cars :)

We currently have our Cooper S on 24 month 0% PCP. Ends in March, so will possibly buy it. Not wanting to get into a big PCP again.

I am looking forward to one day having a white/silver car that hides everything unlike black!!

Reactions: Jcbmally and S32B

My Boss brought his F-Pace into work yesterday and l take back what l said about Jaguar the interior would put a SQ5 to shame stunning inside and out....interior design is just so sleek and so well put together..ok it has hints of Audi inside but the overall dash design reminds of Porsche ie pulled tight not bulbous or messy just sleek and functional the MMI is the show piece here and its rapid in use also no cheap scratchy plastics that l could see, the steering wheel is a work of art very Audi-esque but comes with real aluminum paddle shifters Jaguar have indeed come up in my estimations for build quality and sleek design

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, S32B and 2 others
My Boss brought his F-Pace into work yesterday and l take back what l said about Jaguar the interior would put a SQ5 to shame stunning inside and out....interior design is just so sleek and so well put together..ok it has hints of Audi inside but the overall dash design reminds of Porsche ie pulled tight not bulbous or messy just sleek and functional the MMI is the show piece here and its rapid in use also no cheap scratchy plastics that l could see, the steering wheel is a work of art very Audi-esque but comes with real aluminum paddle shifters Jaguar have indeed come up in my estimations for build quality and sleek design

I’ve been saying that. JLR has the nicest interiors. Just a shame there’s a chance of getting a Friday afternoon car.

F pace sounds great, probably one of the best sounding exhaust note, well at least the 3.0 v6 and the v8s. Not seen a 2l turbo yet.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06