Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

Mr Achilles is becoming a YES man to car makers the more successful he's becoming on YouTube

Those wheels look like tsw venoms. All the boy racers had them back in the day

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
I’ve been saying that. JLR has the nicest interiors. Just a shame there’s a chance of getting a Friday afternoon car.

Lets meet half way there's more chance of getting a half shift Friday car with a JLR car than you have with the German alternatives....The Meridian sound system is awesome if l where in the market for a SUV l would certainly shortlist the F-Pace

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person

I think the main reason l stuck with my Tiny Todger order was for the alloy wheel design l am just besotted with them ....lol

Lets meet half way there's more chance of getting a half shift Friday car with a JLR car than you have with the German alternatives....The Meridian sound system is awesome if l where in the market for a SUV l would certainly shortlist the F-Pace

There’s was 2 levels of the meridian system on the evoque, tested both when I got mine. the cheap one was good, the expensive was the dogs dangly bits. Would say worth £1200 ish at them time. I didn’t get either as I wanted the better spec car and the mrs doesn’t really listen to the stereo when she drives so saved a few pennies.

I think the main reason l stuck with my Tiny Todger order was for the alloy wheel design l am just besotted with them ....lol

I like a busy wheel like the bbs split rims with spokes going everywhere but I just can’t be bothered spending longer cleaning them than the rest of the car.

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
My Boss brought his F-Pace into work yesterday and l take back what l said about Jaguar the interior would put a SQ5 to shame stunning inside and out....interior design is just so sleek and so well put together..ok it has hints of Audi inside but the overall dash design reminds of Porsche ie pulled tight not bulbous or messy just sleek and functional the MMI is the show piece here and its rapid in use also no cheap scratchy plastics that l could see, the steering wheel is a work of art very Audi-esque but comes with real aluminum paddle shifters Jaguar have indeed come up in my estimations for build quality and sleek design
Don't get me wrong, I do like the look of the Jags...some of them anyway...this caught my eye a few days back: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/202103029642053?

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, AlS3BE and 1 other person
Tsw venoms wow that takes me back to the late 90's . All though I didn't have them I thought they looked good on a lowered Clio 16v

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and AlS3BE
Tsw venoms wow that takes me back to the late 90's . All though I didn't have them I thought they looked good on a lowered Clio 16v
Know of a few guys that had them nicked in the 90’s, how times change.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and AlS3BE
The TT is at the dealership .....

Reactions: sixlargebeers, Jcbmally, Pinky1959 and 9 others
Not long to wait now!

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
Time for a new car detailing thread?
Not going to start a individual detailing thread mate I'll most likely post as normal will probably get some machine polishing done next weekend l have told them not to polish the car so I'll wait and see if they follow my instructions but reading between the lines he's rushed off his feet with Sales as is my son very very busy ....car showrooms up in Scotland only opened 5 days ago

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 2 others
Not going to start a individual detailing thread mate I'll most likely post as normal will probably get some machine polishing done next weekend l have told them not to polish the car so I'll wait and see if they follow my instructions but reading between the lines he's rushed off his feet with Sales as is my son very very busy ....car showrooms up in Scotland only opened 5 days ago

Is your son still with BMW or did he move back to Audi?

Reactions: NevMan and pburv

Yeah, here in the North East they have been breaking records for number of units etc (guessing it’s been the same up and down the country). Before opening back up people were buying used cars after just viewing online photos and videos, could not personally “Click and Collect” an item like that. Mate reckoned people were doing the same when buying property - bonkers times.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
About flipping time mate...... Let the good times roll:rockwoot:

I'll only get excited about the car once l get it looking the way l want it too look so no real photos till then...maybe a few teaser/trailers lol

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, S32B, Chris4410 and 3 others
I'll only get excited about the car once l get it looking the way l want it too look so no real photos till then...maybe a few teaser/trailers lol
C**k tease lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, SteveMcB, Chris4410 and 5 others
Good to hear it’s nearly here @jassyo06
Will be interesting to know your comparison between the TT and S3
(for drivability etc).

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and NevMan
[mention]jassyo06 [/mention] you need to change this thread name to TTS comes on Thursday

Reactions: BarryG79, Jcbmally, S32B and 2 others
[mention]jassyo06 [/mention] you need to change this thread name to TTS comes on Thursday
Lol it's just occurred to me here on the forum there's not been many of us members getting new cars...back a few years ago it was a regular occurrence
I know a lot of folks have gone to other brands ....that's not happening regularly now either...l suppose it's all down member head count and lack of interest in the new Audi models and the flu restrictions????
The first thing I'll do when l see my car is Check out the underside of its rear wing just to reassure myself the wing in the conservatory fits lol

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Jcbmally and 2 others
What about the owner of your previous S3 - are they a member on here @jassyo06? Thought I’d see it pop up somewhere on here, but don’t think it has unless I’m wrong!

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Lol it's just occurred to me here on the forum there's not been many of us members getting new cars...back a few years ago it was a regular occurrence
I know a lot of folks have gone to other brands ....that's not happening regularly now either...l suppose it's all down member head count and lack of interest in the new Audi models and the flu restrictions????
The first thing I'll do when l see my car is Check out the underside of its rear wing just to reassure myself the wing in the conservatory fits lol

I was thinking last month when the new reg came out, I didn't see a single new car thread! I think Audi have cut their own throats by offering lower than anyone else px prices, people are either moving to BMW for a better px price, moving to another make for the same px price or just saying "I'll keep what I have".

What about the owner of your previous S3 - are they a member on here @jassyo06? Thought I’d see it pop up somewhere on here, but don’t think it has unless I’m wrong!
He works away from home a lot the chap who got my car ...he likes Audi's a lot but didn't come across to me as a chap who'd visit car forum's frequently

I don't want to take up @jassyo06 thread, but didn't want to create a new one.

Just a couple of pictures of the new car for those interested.

20210425 134015

20210425 134029

• Love
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, taks1, pburv and 11 others
I was thinking last month when the new reg came out, I didn't see a single new car thread! I think Audi have cut their own throats by offering lower than anyone else px prices, people are either moving to BMW for a better px price, moving to another make for the same px price or just saying "I'll keep what I have".

Think you are right, prices including APR seems really high with Audi. BMW do 2.9% APR across their range.

At my local (Cotswold) they are rushed off their feet with sales. Even on Mini side, they have 8 sales and business manager was saying they need 10 really. There were no PCP incentives when my father in law ordered his Countryman (otherwise I would have got him to go for that and settle within a week) but he got a healthy 10 odd percent discount which beat the best CarWow quote I had got.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Jcbmally

View attachment 236025
View attachment 236026
Very nice mate l thought it was a cayman 718 you got and not a boxster.....l prefer the looks of the boxster over the coupe also feel free to post anything on this thread about your car...and let's keep this thread busy....as the Tumbleweed is roaming around everywhere else on here

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Frizzley and 2 others
Very nice mate l thought it was a cayman 718 you got and not a boxster.....l prefer the looks of the boxster over the coupe also feel free to post anything on this thread about your car...and let's keep this thread busy....as the Tumbleweed is roaming around everywhere else on here

Cheers @jassyo06
I had been looking for a Cayman, but I couldn't find one with the right spec and unfortunately a new one with the options I would be after is out of my budget.

This one I bought was £67k with all the options it had. I bought it from Porsche in Swindon, they took my TCR in part ex so it was a ferry and a 800 mile round trip to get it.

Reactions: pburv, Mr Freeze, Jcbmally and 2 others

View attachment 236025
View attachment 236026

Very nice mate, Swindon only about 15 miles from me Love the alloys. I too thought it was a Cayman you were getting for some reason.

As [mention]jassyo06 [/mention] says, there is tumbleweed on this forum apart from this thread

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Chris4410 and 1 other person
Cheers @jassyo06
I had been looking for a Cayman, but I couldn't find one with the right spec and unfortunately a new one with the options I would be after is out of my budget.

This one I bought was £67k with all the options it had. I bought it from Porsche in Swindon, they took my TCR in part ex so it was a ferry and a 800 mile round trip to get it.
I know all about Porsche options mate l just could not justify paying £64 grand for one my options list kept on growing and growing and could only manage 5% discount....and the biggest hurdle on a new one st the time was colour choice l didn't like any but l see they've introduced Sharks Blue to the range aka Turbo Blue ...its identical to it anyway hop you've got plenty of glue on the hair piece before ye drop the roof lol l would have loved a TTS roadster but bottled it

Reactions: taks1, pburv, NevMan and 2 others
Very nice mate, Swindon only about 15 miles from me Love the alloys. I too thought it was a Cayman you were getting for some reason.

As [mention]jassyo06 [/mention] says, there is tumbleweed on this forum apart from this thread

Love the Cotswolds, if I was ever moving to England it would be top of my list. Head down every year to RAF Fairford for the Air Tattoo.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jcbmally
I know all about Porsche options mate l just could not justify paying £64 grand for one my options list kept on growing and growing and could only manage 5% discount....and the biggest hurdle on a new one st the time was colour choice l didn't like any but l see they've introduced Sharks Blue to the range aka Turbo Blue ...its identical to it anyway hop you've got plenty of glue on the hair piece before ye drop the roof lol l would have loved a TTS roadster but bottled it

Lol, total opposite at the moment with the hair. Looking forward to my first cut since December next weekend. I can't even be bothered trying to deal with it now its so bad, so I just put a baseball cap on most of the time.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jcbmally
Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Chris4410