S3 KWE - my build thread (it will be slow progress...)

I see. Those inserts are great. No need for full mounts.
I get what you are saying.
Chocolate gearbox casing.
I'm used to that deceleration noise. Because race car:racer:

Reactions: samuelh_888
Just a quick one.... your car is a shed pal

Reactions: James__S3 and samuelh_888
Finally got around to swapping my Michelin PS4's from my factory alloys onto my OZ Ultras. This was followed up by a 4-wheel laser alignment after all the sub-frame, bushes and mounts work I've done.

Time to enjoy for a bit and save for whatever comes next...

Reactions: S. and ch1z64
She currently spends most of her time parked up in the garage. Last weekend was time for a wash, polish and was (Autofinesse products) which took over 4 hours. I was coming to clay-bar but couldn’t be bothered.

D600319B AB08 42E6 8DEB 10A9C8E64AAA

50B69AA8 1C24 4061 955F F88C98889897

C701A4AB 5BA9 4EC4 938D FD3A969F9A60

The to-do list hasn’t progressed of recent. I ordered an RTS clutch and SMF but NZ Customs only released part of the order. Everyone is arguing who is responsible so this will drag on. I have the CTS Turbo Outlet Pipe and Inlet pipe in order and some Forge silicon hoses to start smartening up the engine bay.

This week I’ll order a new cam follower, some Millers 5/40 and Rev G dv valve for maintenance.

Attachments

• 5A60A035-BB17-4EEE-A312-0161F6D94D9B.jpeg
    5A60A035-BB17-4EEE-A312-0161F6D94D9B.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 403
Reactions: ch1z64 and paddy
This thread should be called “what not to do to an S3”

I’ve been having an issue with my front windows recently, either will work intermittently. This evening I decided to check the loom between the door and the body and found one of the wires was broken; quite a common fault.

FA434A3A 2A04 4AC3 97FC 375AD41F9488

To access the wire I didn’t need to remove my door card. To remove the plug, there is a release lever on the far side of this plug - it’s quite fiddly but slides out easily when pressed.

C3B59F4D 0D36 4220 9B5D 78B4DD1FF7B2

I’ve soldered the wire and refitted but unfortunately the issue still exists. Although this wire needed to be repaired I’m now looking to replace the switches (4F0959851H5PR - window switch for S3 8P Sportback). I don’t think it’s the door module as the passengers side is also playing up, or could it be?

I’ve soldered the wire and refitted but unfortunately the issue still exists. Although this wire needed to be repaired I’m now looking to replace the switches (4F0959851H5PR - window switch for S3 8P Sportback). I don’t think it’s the door module as the passengers side is also playing up, or could it be?

Resoldered the wires this evening, cleared the codes and so far so good. I can’t imagine the repair will last long but it’s good for now.

Might be worth replacing the window regulators I’ve heard they’re a common fault on the 8P’s, had issues on my old A3 and S3, only every now and again but definitely a common fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be worth replacing the window regulators I’ve heard they’re a common fault on the 8P’s, had issues on my old A3 and S3, only every now and again but definitely a common fault

At this stage I'm guessing it's not the regulator as the drivers side switch wasn't able to consistently work either front window. After resoldering, it all seems to be working well but if it stops again I'll replace the switches, then look at the regulator or door module. Fingers crossed I've caught it though.

At this stage I'm guessing it's not the regulator as the drivers side switch wasn't able to consistently work either front window. After resoldering, it all seems to be working well but if it stops again I'll replace the switches, then look at the regulator or door module. Fingers crossed I've caught it though.

Hopefully mate, cause I’m sure the regulators are expensive

A couple of weeks ago I completed the annual service. I managed to source Millers 5w/40 Nanodrive here in New Zealand but I've now realised it's only 5/40NT not NT+. It's still a triple ester based product but for the 1,800 miles I drive per year I can't see it causing any issues. Normally I get the oil sent out from Opie but I was able to source locally but it was expensive - $170NZ for 5l (about £85), nearly twice the price I'd pay back in the UK. I also fitted a genuine oil filter and Hengst pollen filter - the pollen filter I removed was stamped 2014 and absolutely filthy!

IMG 5575
Resetting the Service Indicator via VCDS was a ball-ache via the SRI reset process. After some Googling it appears that the reset doesn't work for >MY10'ish 8P's, you need to reset 3 different settings individually. I tried pulling the odometer stalk on the right hand side of the dash, this will display service information but won't do the reset. It's all sorted now thankfully.

I'll check the DV this weekend but that too has c1,800 miles on it so should be fine.

I didn't replace the cam-follower as I'm going to do the tsi roller conversion. This conversion replaces but the follower with a similar looking bucket but it has a roller/wheel in it - instead of the cam-lobe pushing the cam-follower (activating the HPFP), the cam-lobe will now 'roll' around the follower, activating the HPFP. The benefit of this upgrade is not only does it remove the dickie cam-follower design Audi implemented, the roller never needs to be changed. I believe it there's a bit of a rattle but I can live with this.

IMG 5610 IMG 5611 1

From my previous posts, it's well documented that I've been having issues with the Spec clutch and SMF I had fitted. It's never been right and no matter how much adjustment, changing the selectors, bushes etc I decided to get the RTS and SMF. Although I ordered several months ago, NZ Customs misplaced part of the kit however I am now in receipt of everything I need, including an OEM Sachs CSC. This will be fitted over the Christmas break.

IMG 5609

As the car will be up on the hoist when I'm doing the clutch, I'll also be replacing the front ST-X coilover spring perch (the piece the spring sits on, that you wind up/down). Those of you who have ST coilovers, the part number is ST65245082 - it's a composite ring that actually perishes over time. It's not a safety hazard as within it, is the alloy platform that the coil sits on. But when it starts to perish you can't adjust the height as the coilover wrench can't catch.

IMG 5613

And finally... my BCS WRC mid-section has just arrived! No photos of this yet but I'll be fitting it this weekend - I'm quite looking forward to getting this on - I had the valve wired open for some time but it wasn't what I was after. This should hopefully give a little bit of noise while not being ASBO when driving in the neighbourhood...

IMG 5612

I'll provide some updates as I fit all these items.

Last edited:
Reactions: James__S3, ch1z64 and Bryant1998
:thumbs up:
A couple of weeks ago I completed the annual service. I managed to source Millers 5w/40 Nanodrive here in New Zealand but I've now realised it's only 5/40NT not NT+. It's still a triple ester based product but for the 1,800 miles I drive per year I can't see it causing any issues. Normally I get the oil sent out from Opie but I was able to source locally but it was expensive - $170NZ for 5l (about £85), nearly twice the price I'd pay back in the UK. I also fitted a genuine oil filter and Hengst pollen filter - the pollen filter I removed was stamped 2014 and absolutely filthy!

View attachment 193641
Resetting the Service Indicator via VCDS was a ball-ache via the SRI reset process. After some Googling it appears that the reset doesn't work for >MY10'ish 8P's, you need to reset 3 different settings individually. I tried pulling the odometer stalk on the right hand side of the dash, this will display service information but won't do the reset. It's all sorted now thankfully.

I'll check the DV this weekend but that too has c1,800 miles on it so should be fine.

I didn't replace the cam-follower as I'm going to do the tsi roller conversion. This conversion replaces but the follower with a similar looking bucket but it has a roller/wheel in it - instead of the cam-lobe pushing the cam-follower (activating the HPFP), the cam-lobe will now 'roll' around the follower, activating the HPFP. The benefit of this upgrade is not only does it remove the dickie cam-follower design Audi implemented, the roller never needs to be changed. I believe it there's a bit of a rattle but I can live with this.

View attachment 193643 View attachment 193644

From my previous posts, it's well documented that I've been having issues with the Spec clutch and SMF I had fitted. It's never been right and no matter how much adjustment, changing the selectors, bushes etc I decided to get the RTS and SMF. Although I ordered several months ago, NZ Customs misplaced part of the kit however I am now in receipt of everything I need, including an OEM Sachs CSC. This will be fitted over the Christmas break.

View attachment 193646

As the car will be up on the hoist when I'm doing the clutch, I'll also be replacing the front ST-X coilover spring perch (the piece the spring sits on, that you wind up/down). Those of you who have ST coilovers, the part number is ST65245082 - it's a composite ring that actually perishes over time. It's not a safety hazard as within it, is the alloy platform that the coil sits on. But when it starts to perish you can't adjust the height as the coilover wrench can't catch.

View attachment 193649

And finally... my BCS WRC mid-section has just arrived! No photos of this yet but I'll be fitting it this weekend - I'm quite looking forward to getting this on - I had the valve wired open for some time but it wasn't what I was after. This should hopefully give a little bit of noise while not being ASBO when driving in the neighbourhood...

View attachment 193648

I'll provide some updates as I fit all these items.
Glad to see your looking after here :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Fitted the BCS WRC pipe today - a straight forward fit however it needs a little adjustment as the flange before the backbox is knocking on the rear arm.

Sound wise, at idle and crushing there is no difference in sound however under boost it’s a wider, deeper bark that sounds very nice!

81F736E4 8C84 4A19 95C9 EA45F6ECF6E7

EFADB8EE B886 4B36 8AA3 37969B904762

Reactions: James__S3 and ch1z64
Over the weekend I thought we'd tackle the TSI roller conversion - replacing the cam-follower set-up with the roller version from the VW TSI engine. In total it took about 1.5 hrs and wasn't as difficult as I was expecting.

First up was to remove the HPFP and the cam-chain cover. The only niggle I had with this part of the process, was getting the cam cover past the water hard-pipe. I didn't want to remove the water pipe as I didn't want to fanny about with anti-freeze and that. I removed the n205 (controls cam adjustment) which gave me the little extra room I needed.

I suspect the process so far would be a fairly typical of the process you'd follow when changing the cam-chain.

1 2

Below is a comparison of the TFSI (top) and the TSI (bottom) cam-chain cover. Y0u can see the machining to the TSI housing through the vacuum pump hole. This machining is to allow for the HPFP adapter.

3 4

The following image shows the difference between the TFSI housing (left) and the TSI housing (right), where the HPFP is fitted. The TSI conversion is supplied with a machined sleeve that reduces the diameter of the hpfp cavity and to hold the roller-bucket (VAG pt# 06H109311B)

Fitting the new case was simply the reverse of the removal.

The cam-chain case is located (against the head) by locating dowels - I took my time here to ensure the gasket (pt# 06D103121B) was seated correctly on the dowels before tightening everything up. I then refitted the vacuum pump and n205 sensor.

When refitting the hpfp , two 0'rings needed to be replaced (pt# WHT005184). These are the same as you'd use when replacing your cam-follower but in this instance I needed 2, one for the hpfp and one for the adapter/sleeve.

You can see from the image below the adapter/sleeve between the hpfp and cam-chain case.

The sleeve actually moves the fuel pump out by about 12mm - this made it difficult to refit the fuel line into the fuel pump as I didn't want to bend or break anything but loosening the fuel pump gave me the play needed to fit and tighten the fuel line. Additionally, thankfully the TTS engine cover doesn't come into contact with the sensor on the top of hpfp - it's pretty close though.

On start-up there was a few rattles but overall it's no louder than I was expecting and after getting some mile's on the clock no check lights or codes have been thrown so I assume it's all good.

Reactions: paddy and ch1z64
You used a conversion kit? Which one? Any pictures of the kit? I can't figure out where the extra sleeve goes?

The roller type bearing ticks on my E888 engine when hot usually. I asked AMD if it was worth renewing when I had the cam chain done but they say it’s quite normal for the ticking. I guess they know best so I’ve left it alone.

A small interior cosmetic update - I retro fitted the front roof light with map lights and the red LED's that shine down over the gear stick. It's a nice change (nearly up there with the Q3CC mod) and only took 15 min to fit. This has also made use of the final 2 LEDs from the set I bought from @t8ups.

The interior map/reading light part number is: 8E0947135D6PS - this is shared with the A4/S4. I'll look to do the rear with the individual map lights (8E0947111A) at a later stage.

View attachment 143506

Hi. I'd like to co this upgrade. I was really surprised to find an s3 doesn't have them as standard.

Is it just a case of removing the old one, unplugging it, plugging the new one in and fitting it back in, or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Its just remove and plug in the new one. I couldn't believe this wasnt std as it was in my nearly 17 year old 3.2 A3 but thats audi for you, i just activated the fog lights with the steering on mine. Wish i could do the TPMs as well but my brain doesnt stretch to that :)

Great. Just picked up a good used front and back off ebay for £50 for the pair.

Fitted the BCS WRC pipe today - a straight forward fit however it needs a little adjustment as the flange before the backbox is knocking on the rear arm.

Sound wise, at idle and crushing there is no difference in sound however under boost it’s a wider, deeper bark that sounds very nice!

View attachment 193682

View attachment 193683
have you got any videos of this as im considering a similat setup but cant decide if ishoul go custome or go with bcs as i want normal drivability and asbo via external switch (fob)

Hi @e9_mustii - no videos sorry. I don’t think videos do the system justice and besides, there is plenty on YouTube and even on BCS’s own channel.

As for BCS v custom - depends on what you’re after - BCS have put a lot of R&D into their system and with the WRX it’s very loud on boost but quiet off. A custom system; any exhaust shop could build you a ‘custom’ system but it would have the research, design and knowledge behind it. The cost will be similar to the BCS. Activating the valve via a key fob - na, not for me either!

Just go for a BCS WRX system.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Hi @e9_mustii - no videos sorry. I don’t think videos do the system justice and besides, there is plenty on YouTube and even on BCS’s own channel.

As for BCS v custom - depends on what you’re after - BCS have put a lot of R&D into their system and with the WRX it’s very loud on boost but quiet off. A custom system; any exhaust shop could build you a ‘custom’ system but it would have the research, design and knowledge behind it. The cost will be similar to the BCS. Activating the valve via a key fob - na, not for me either!

Just go for a BCS WRX system.
Was thinking of getting the 3.5"decat from bcs and the rest done my duestech and have a remote control valve put in so when ive got family in the car i can keep it quite regardless of boost and when i want to be lewis hamilton, well you get the point but a vid would help if you have one or could make one when ever your free

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998
We recently set about replacing the Spec Stg2 clutch and SMF I had in my S3, replacing it with the RTS clutch and SMF. Both are rated at circa 440ftlb but as the RTS SMF is modelled on the factory DMF, (nearly) all the chatter and noise typically associated with a single mass flywheel is removed.

Previous clutch gone:
6A66BB45 B5F5 49D9 A281 A87CC67B775E

The following photo is Spec Stg2 clutch I removed. As you can see it’s barely worn in but it was so horrible it had to go. It had about 1600 miles on it; in some respects it’s an expensive mistake but I can’t do much about it now.
B5E6BD1F F3EB 4119 BB36 96BC84124188

As for the RTS clutch - I didn’t get any photos when fitting but I’m currently 300 miles into the run-in period (500 miles) and trying to do as much start/stop as possible. I live 15 miles from town so there is periods of motorway driving. I’m not sure if this impacts the clutch - we’ll wait and see.

However, at this stage the car is a pleasure to drive. It’s quiet, I can select gear and the overrun sound on deceleration has gone. I’ve seen some posts on Facebook recently that people think the RTS is rubbish and it slips following the run-in period. I suspect many of these people are Facebook keyboard warriors who have never tried this clutch nevertheless, there is a part of me hoping this isn’t the case! Again, time will tell.

When we were doing the clutch we noticed that one of my ST-X coilovers was misting at the seal. I’ve contacted KW to see if they can be rekitted so waiting to hear back. If not I’ll look to upgrade but I’m not sure to what at the moment.

Next up is getting the dent removed front the rear drivers side door - some ***** opened his door into my car and left his mark.

Reactions: Bryant1998, Sandra, ch1z64 and 1 other person
It’s been a while since I posted - not a great amount has been happening. We’ve been in Covid-19 Level 4 Lockdown since mid March, confined to our homes. We’re only allowed to travel for essential reasons such as groceries - every other shop is closed.

So I’m offering to get the groceries as it’s giving me the chance to bed the RTS clutch in.

The car is so nice to drive now however, 760 miles into the bedding process I have the car a hard run and there was some clutch slip. RTS have asked me to go easy for a couple hundred more miles which I will do. I am however hoping the organic properties of the clutch plate wear in properly and this slipping isn’t a sign of things to come.

Other than that, starting to work on a new wish-list of stuff to do. Mostly cosmetic and some parts upgrades as I won’t be able to get the map tweaked here, so no performance upgrades at this stage.

Reactions: ch1z64, S. and Bryant1998
Come back to Uk, get a proper clutch then and then forge and Garret!
Until then.... it’s a shed

much love

moxy

It’s the middle of winter here (in New Zealand) so I haven’t been driving the car too much. I have 900 miles on the RTS clutch now and although it’s very nice to drive, there is still a small amount of slip if driven hard. It’s definitely improved from 700’ish miles but I’ll go easy until 1100miles and then see how it is.

Today I finally got around to fitting the clutch press to start bypass loom which has been sitting for nearly 3 years - thanks to @george_seamons for resending me the instructions, it was very straight forward once I’d located the clutch switch.

Photo is before I’d fitted the loom as it’s easier to see the switch and a better photo.

3B9E307B B8D2 4CCD AA9B 2CD680B6219A

I ordered the Wasa Motorsport balance shaft delete freewheel which is scheduled to arrive this week so I’ll get that fitted before the winter is out. At the same time I’ll do the oil pickup and the cam chain tensioner. This should set the car up nicely for the summer.

I'm 1100 miles into the RTS clutch and really happy with it. Although it was slipping at 700'ish miles, now it's bedded in it is holding up really well - no slip and still a pleasant gear change. I know the RTS kit isn't to everyones liking (a lot of negative chat on Facebook groups), but compared to the Spec Stg2, this is perfect.

Last weekend I set about fitting the Wasa balance shaft delete freewheel, a free wheeling sprocket that deactivates the balance shaft between the bottom end and the sump. On higher mileage, tuned engines there have been instances of the balance shaft seizing typically requiring a new engine. For me, fitting the Wasa freewheel was a preventative maintenance measure - those of you who've read my thread will recall I had the balance shaft assembly replaced under Audi warranty in 2017 (4k miles ago!) so I'd probably be ok, nevertheless it's done now and it was also an excuse to do something to the car.

In preparation for fitting the Wasa freewheel and as the sump needs to come off, I took the opportunity of replacing the oil pickup and the oil pump tensioner. The following parts were ordered:

- 06B115130C - Oil Pump Tensioner
- 06F115251A - Oil Pickup Pipe
- N0282222 - Oil Pickup O'ring
- N90365901 - Oil Pump Sprocket Bolt
- N06D115562 - Oil Filter
- N90813202 - Sump Plug
- 06D115562 - Oil Return Gasket (the oil return from the turbo to the sump)

For oil, I wanted to stick with an ester based 5w/40. I can't get Millers here in New Zealand but Red Line is readily available so I thought I'd give it a try.

IMG 6548

We gave the sump a good clean while it was off. The silicone sealant was crumbling, sitting in the bottom of the sump and with small pieces in the oil pickup. I credit this to the quality of Audi Master Technicians - this shouldn't happen after less than 4k miles.
IMG 6549

The balance shafts (within the alloy case) have a counterweight at the end, weighing approx 19 pounds. It's a fair amount of mass needing to be turned and these shafts can spin at up to 16,000rpm. Through deactivating the balance shafts, I have notices the car revs freer but can't say I've notices any more power. There is a small amount of vibration but nothing of concern.
IMG 6551

To loosen the oil pump chain, we removed the oil pump sprocket but also the tensioner. I thought it would be worth replacing the tensioner while the cover was off again, as a precautionary measure.
IMG 6552

The Wasa freewheel next to the balance shaft sprocket. There is a couple of alternative manufacturers of the freewheel however Wasa are the inventors and the original.

For fitting, the freewheel was torqued to 50NM and the oil pump sprocket torqued to 20nm+90deg.
IMG 6553 IMG 6560

A new oil pickup (and o'ring) was fitted before we refitted the sump using Wurth gasket sealant.
IMG 6561

Once everything the back together we filled with just over 5l of Red Line High-Performance 5w/4o ester based oil.
IMG 6562

With summer approaching I'll get the car booked into the bodyshop for a couple of small touch-ups and then I may look at some cosmetic updates such as steering wheel recover.

Reactions: S., George Kost, ch1z64 and 1 other person
I'm 1100 miles into the RTS clutch and really happy with it. Although it was slipping at 700'ish miles, now it's bedded in it is holding up really well - no slip and still a pleasant gear change. I know the RTS kit isn't to everyones liking (a lot of negative chat on Facebook groups), but compared to the Spec Stg2, this is perfect.

Last weekend I set about fitting the Wasa balance shaft delete freewheel, a free wheeling sprocket that deactivates the balance shaft between the bottom end and the sump. On higher mileage, tuned engines there have been instances of the balance shaft seizing typically requiring a new engine. For me, fitting the Wasa freewheel was a preventative maintenance measure - those of you who've read my thread will recall I had the balance shaft assembly replaced under Audi warranty in 2017 (4k miles ago!) so I'd probably be ok, nevertheless it's done now and it was also an excuse to do something to the car.

In preparation for fitting the Wasa freewheel and as the sump needs to come off, I took the opportunity of replacing the oil pickup and the oil pump tensioner. The following parts were ordered:

- 06B115130C - Oil Pump Tensioner
- 06F115251A - Oil Pickup Pipe
- N0282222 - Oil Pickup O'ring
- N90365901 - Oil Pump Sprocket Bolt
- N06D115562 - Oil Filter
- N90813202 - Sump Plug
- 06D115562 - Oil Return Gasket (the oil return from the turbo to the sump)

For oil, I wanted to stick with an ester based 5w/40. I can't get Millers here in New Zealand but Red Line is readily available so I thought I'd give it a try.

View attachment 208851

We gave the sump a good clean while it was off. The silicone sealant was crumbling, sitting in the bottom of the sump and with small pieces in the oil pickup. I credit this to the quality of Audi Master Technicians - this shouldn't happen after less than 4k miles.
View attachment 208852

The balance shafts (within the alloy case) have a counterweight at the end, weighing approx 19 pounds. It's a fair amount of mass needing to be turned and these shafts can spin at up to 16,000rpm. Through deactivating the balance shafts, I have notices the car revs freer but can't say I've notices any more power. There is a small amount of vibration but nothing of concern.
View attachment 208853

To loosen the oil pump chain, we removed the oil pump sprocket but also the tensioner. I thought it would be worth replacing the tensioner while the cover was off again, as a precautionary measure.
View attachment 208854

The Wasa freewheel next to the balance shaft sprocket. There is a couple of alternative manufacturers of the freewheel however Wasa are the inventors and the original.

For fitting, the freewheel was torqued to 50NM and the oil pump sprocket torqued to 20nm+90deg.
View attachment 208855 View attachment 208856

A new oil pickup (and o'ring) was fitted before we refitted the sump using Wurth gasket sealant.
View attachment 208857

Once everything the back together we filled with just over 5l of Red Line High-Performance 5w/4o ester based oil.
View attachment 208858

With summer approaching I'll get the car booked into the bodyshop for a couple of small touch-ups and then I may look at some cosmetic updates such as steering wheel recover.
Another great write up mate , liked the pics too

The S3 is having to share my time with my F3, as we come into summer!

7B0789EB EEF8 474F B9A9 3E9158E6DB2F

246DEBA4 BEC1 4E06 979B E27F70817679

Reactions: abmat, ch1z64, S. and 1 other person
Back to the top :smiley:

It’s mid-winter here so my S3 is living it quiet in the garage.

Someone opened their car door against my car, leaving a dent on the drivers door, right over the body line with paint removed to metal. I have it booked in for a repair and some other touch-ups and while it’s in I’m thinking of getting the Oz Ultraleggeras painted in a matt gunmetal while it’s in.

Mod wise, it’s been nearly one year since I’ve done any mods. Does anyone have any feedback on the Turbosmart Kompact DV valve?

Reactions: abmat and Sandra
On year 3 and 40k miles with the DV+ and its fine Sam. save your dosh

I thought I'd provide an update - quite a bit has happened with the car recently. At the end of May I had the timing chain & tensioner replaced as preventative maintenance. In July the car developed a buzzing noise and as mentioned in an earlier post I took the car to Audi (under Warranty) to be checked out. They diagnosed a collapsed tensioner so after replacing this and a new cam chain the buzzing still persisted. After further investigation they determined that the balance shaft had excessive play so needed to be replaced. It was a mission getting Warranty to approve this as they were a little upset at paying for the chain & tensioner to find that didn't solve to problem; they reluctantly accepted the claim and the repairs were made.

I collected the car last Thursday - 5 weeks and 2 days after dropping the car into Audi. To be fair to Audi they did release it to me for a weekend so I'll give them 3 days! The car feels like it's running well - definitely quieter than it was, the buzzing/rattle has gone, so has a tick, like a very loud tappet, and 5l of Millers Nanotech is gone too..

While I had the car for the 3 days I took to opportunity to have my Vagbremtech J-Jooks fitted. I can immediately feel the difference over the old, worn discs but I do need to have the fluid replace and the Hel Braided lines fitted. I'm happy with the discs however.

View attachment 134482

I then booked my visit to see Dave @BCS Nige about getting my TBE BCS fitted. He and Nige are remarkable, so accommodating and when I had to change the dates (as I didn't get car back when I was expecting) they were able to reschedule accordingly. We managed to get the BCS scheduled for the Thursday as Dave had a wedding to attend on the Friday - or so we thought...

As I was going to be making the trip up from London I wanted to align the BCS fitting with a visit to @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. for my Stage2 remap. As with BCS, when I didn't get the car back when expected Rick (& Chloe) were able to juggle the booking to fit with the BCS.

On Wednesday morning, the day before the trip to St Helens I received a call from Dave saying he'd made an error with his dates - the wedding was indeed Thursday, not Friday... He didn't want to let me down and knew of the Unicorn booking so after a couple of phone calls, a hotel booking and an after work drive to St Helens I arrived at BCS at 8.15pm and the fitting commenced. Credit to Dave - he could have just as easily rescheduled but he didn't and the result - it's a work of art.

View attachment 134483

I went for a titanium wrapped downpipe and the standard looking tips. The quality of the craftsmanship is breathtaking - the pride and passion they have for their product is evident from the quality of the steel, to the wields, to the length of the flex-joint. But that sound - oh mate.

So, I'm currently sitting in the Travelodge waiting to travel across to @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. I'll hopefully get a switchable map with a Standard, Stg2 and a couple of other options but I'm sure we'll discuss more when I get there and I can update you all later!
I thought I’d add an update to my post from 2017 - the buzzing at 1800’ish RPM that Audi couldn’t fix (but three parts at the car) - it’s been getting worse recently and more so after a couple of laps at a local circuit. put it on the hoist and there is a heat shield above the drive shaft shielding from the turbo - this was missing a nut. We fastened this and the buzzing and annoying rattle is all gone. It’s amazing how solving small problems make the car fun to drive!

Attachments

• D630CF94-497E-40E0-8271-EA7E8E058583.jpeg
    D630CF94-497E-40E0-8271-EA7E8E058583.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: ch1z64 and paddy
After 5 years of ownership, mods, pampering yet only 7,000 miles of driving I’ve sold the S3. It’s time to move on to something more convenient for carrying the family and a car I don’t mind driving or putting miles on (the S3 was a garage queen that was just looked after).
I’m staying in the Audi family moving to an SQ5 - VCDS updates will be all this one gets.
It’s been a pleasure. Bye for now.

After 5 years of ownership, mods, pampering yet only 7,000 miles of driving I’ve sold the S3. It’s time to move on to something more convenient for carrying the family and a car I don’t mind driving or putting miles on (the S3 was a garage queen that was just looked after).
I’m staying in the Audi family moving to an SQ5 - VCDS updates will be all this one gets.
It’s been a pleasure. Bye for now.
Sad to hear you av now sold ur S3 but i can fully understand why . Now i am selling my S3 . Its been a blast owning it and have to say i loved following ur posts in ur build and have to say most off my retrofit upgrades where down to you as you had done all the ground work to find out all the part numbers i needed to do those jobs.
Your old Private plate will not be getting sold with the car as i have to say overtime i have grown to like more n more . All the best with new car .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk